+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2981Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Taking these photos to the media after Russell's death is unbelievably horrid of Taylor. Who wants to be pitied for being weak and unable to leave such a horrible environment?? Why would this be appealing to anyone????? I suppose if you're desparate for attention, it doesn't matter what kind of attention you get as long as you get it.
    I"ll never understand the concept of wanting sympathy for being a victim, even when you are a big part of why you're a victim.
    I think that the reason Taylor has shown these pictures of her injuries is that she may be trying to protect herself from a lawsuit or criminal action by Russell's family who have blamed her (at least in part) for Russell's mental state and his suicide. Taylor is probably trying to provide them (and the public) with proof that she was not making it up or exaggerating --- that Russell really seriously did physically abuse her. And he had a verifiable history of abusing other women as well.

FORT Fogey

It would make sense if that was in fact Taylor's motivation. But couldn't that be done privately? How does Taylor's protection from a lawsuit benefit from the public seeing the pictures?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    None of us know anything about Taylor or Russell but we are free to speculate.
    I know that many will not agree with me but:
    I am skeptical of most women now days about "emotional abuse" claims because it's used too freely to describe plain old disagreements. I belive in strong women (& men) who may need some time to conceptualize that what they're experiencing is not normal nor is it healthy and be strong enough to look for ways to change. Ask for help. I just don't believe most people in an abusive relationship are totally helpless. There are definitely cases where they are held totally helpless but most are not.
    JMHO
    I tend to agree with this.

And, in today's world of mass media and numerous support outlets, women have choices - and they know they have choices. Having said this, I don't think it's as cut and dry for a person to know what choices are best for them, gather the courage to make them, and then act on them in the best way possible. And, I'd toss out there that the simple act of seeking help to work through these kinds of issues isn't as easy as one may think. Some might think it's a sign of weakness (Ken is not the only one who thinks this), some may be too private or even fearful to share their thoughts, some may not have the financial resources to pay for it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I think that the reason Taylor has shown these pictures of her injuries is that she may be trying to protect herself from a lawsuit or criminal action by Russell's family who have blamed her (at least in part) for Russell's mental state and his suicide. Taylor is probably trying to provide them (and the public) with proof that she was not making it up or exaggerating --- that Russell really seriously did physically abuse her. And he had a verifiable history of abusing other women as well.
    I could see this. Problem I have is that it is killing a spider with a sledgehammer. If she is concerned about this - wait until something happens. Show the pictures to the family in private. Whatever. All that is happening here is she is coming off really bad. And the only person who will really get hurt in all of this is her daughter. There may have been abuse. I think she made her deal and decided the money was worth it. Now that the money is gone, she needs to find another angle. I'm sorry for what she has been through. But the way she has chosen to walk through this and what she has chosen to do as a result really makes me sick. She is looking to make a quick buck - and she is willing to sell anyone she can down the river in the process. This is a really ugly side to Taylor - and whatever sympathy I had for her is quickly disappearing.

I used to feel for Taylor but now not so much. Did she even consider the fact that very soon her daughter is going to be able to navigate online? Then she got PAID to do that? Why release this picture AFTER the man is dead? WHY...why ruin the image this child had of her father???
    IMHO the only chemistry Taylor had with Russell was with his wallet & when she emptied that out he served no useful purpose for her. Now that he is dead...gee...that picture made him worthwhile for a few weeks.

The Shortlist for Sept. 19 | Gallery | Wonderwall
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 09-19-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Most of the people who seem to be holding Taylor at fault for her situation seem to be other women. How sad. I wish they'd stand in "no judgment" than to do what is being done.
    buttahfly likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Most of the people who seem to be holding Taylor at fault for her situation seem to be other women. How sad. I wish they'd stand in "no judgment" than to do what is being done.
    I don't fault or judge Taylor for being abused. That blame rests solely with Russell. What I blame Taylor for is now making this allegation public after the man passed & can not defend himself. She never should have allowed those pictures to be made public, not for Russell's sake but for that of her daughter.
    Duckyface and AcookerTV like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I don't fault or judge Taylor for being abused. That blame rests solely with Russell. What I blame Taylor for is now making this allegation public after the man passed & can not defend himself. She never should have allowed those pictures to be made public, not for Russell's sake but for that of her daughter.
    I agree. I am not attacking her for being abused. If it happened, that is terrible. I am attacking her as another mother, and being absolutely amazed at any mother doing anything that will harm her child, just to make a buck. I also, personally, think it says a whole lot about her character that she has chosen to come out now, when he is not able to defend himself. I just don't understand her motivation. She should be using all her energy right now to get her daughter through what is going on and protecting her daughter - not putting all this dirty laundry out there for public consumption.
    Duckyface and SugarMama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I agree. I am not attacking her for being abused. If it happened, that is terrible. I am attacking her as another mother, and being absolutely amazed at any mother doing anything that will harm her child, just to make a buck. I also, personally, think it says a whole lot about her character that she has chosen to come out now, when he is not able to defend himself. I just don't understand her motivation. She should be using all her energy right now to get her daughter through what is going on and protecting her daughter - not putting all this dirty laundry out there for public consumption.
    Very well stated.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Taylor also has issues that she has to work through. She has to take care of herself before she can take care of her daughter....just like on a plane when the oxygen masks drop down. And the truth will eventually come to the daughter, no matter what....and then Taylor is going to have to explain that.
    buttahfly likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread