+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3133Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Ugh...I don't know if I have the energy. I just mustered enough to watch last night!

Why in the world would Taylor put herself out there on national television like that? Unless it's really true that she was desperate to have Bravo money to pay the bills. Regardless, I just don't know what's wrong with people sometimes...grrrrr. Was fame and living in Beverly Hills really so important to her? If so, I truly feel sad for her. Really, really, truly do.

I want to pick apart disgustingly rich, spoiled Beverly Hills housewives for their cattiness, shallowness, and flaws -- I don't want to wallow in their self-destruction. Does that make me a bad person?
    I think we all like being voyuers...probably helps us with dealing with our own lives. And when we hear of these famous extremely rich people leading these fabulous lives, we tend to think how wonderful their lives are.....Maybe we think our lives would be better if we had more money. Maybe we'd get that face lift if we had more money. The Housewives have shown me that I'm glad I can't get a face lift!! or duck lips or a face that doesn't move, etc etc.
    These shows help us realize that everyone has problems and we'd probably prefer our lives with our little problems to what we once thought was perfection. We always think a lot of money makes life great and the Housewives teach us differently. So annoying as they are, they're helping us appreciate our lives so much more.
    I've learned from Lisa that even though she has everything, she loves her dog more than her husband....that Kyle will always worry that her husband will wander....that Adrienne should have married a man she can look up to rather than treat like a dog or a doormat, etc etc.
    They all have their problems and I'll take mine over theirs anyday.
    Duckyface and SugarMama like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I suppose there's some kind of timeline that would reveal what had/had not happened before the hot tub conversation - which I trust really did take place at the ski country house. I suspect Bravo wouldn't want to be caught inserting footage that took place at a completely different time.
    I recall last year that filming for season 2 was taking place immediately after season 1 aired. That would put the start of S2 filming at around February/March of this year.

P.S. I was trying to hold out on watching this show because I wasn't sure it was "right" to do so on the heels of Russell's suicide. Curiosity overrode morality for me and I have since tuned in .

I was a huge Kim fan in Season 1, but it appears they are not going to sweep her addictions under the rug this year. I will be sad to watch that.
    Prism likes this.

I'm not sure they can - especially if she really does have a problem, which can't be hidden. As a recovering alcoholic myself, I am struck by how hard it is for Kim to forgive Kyle for what happened at the end of last season. If it wasn't true, then be ticked, talk it out and move on. The fact that she hasn't been able to get over it makes me think there was some truth to what Kyle was saying. When I was in the middle of my addiction, I had a serious case of denial going on - to the point of being egotistical and being angry/pushing away anyone that wouldn't let me live in my fantasy world. That is what I see going on with Kim. She doesn't want to admit she has a problem, and she can't forgive Kyle for not buying into her "everything is fine" fantasy. From what I see, things will not be ok between these two unless and until Kim gets help. Just my two cents.
    PA Snow Bunny and Duckyface like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I'm not sure they can - especially if she really does have a problem, which can't be hidden. As a recovering alcoholic myself, I am struck by how hard it is for Kim to forgive Kyle for what happened at the end of last season. If it wasn't true, then be ticked, talk it out and move on. The fact that she hasn't been able to get over it makes me think there was some truth to what Kyle was saying. When I was in the middle of my addiction, I had a serious case of denial going on - to the point of being egotistical and being angry/pushing away anyone that wouldn't let me live in my fantasy world. That is what I see going on with Kim. She doesn't want to admit she has a problem, and she can't forgive Kyle for not buying into her "everything is fine" fantasy. From what I see, things will not be ok between these two unless and until Kim gets help. Just my two cents.
    You are describing my exhusband perfectly. Congrats on your continued sobriety.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

soooooooooooo, am i the only one who thinks kim was ON something?????? i don't know, the new chick's crystal meth allegations are ringing a bit true . . . . she was SUPER amped up and then "sick" the next day.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

[B]Wow![B] After seeing Taylor's eye injury, inflicted by Russell, today, I was blown away. It looks like this was an ugly relationship.

And, you know, it kills me how the family doesn't want anything about Russell on Bravo, and EVERY other show is still talking about it. So what do you do there?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    She doesn't want to admit she has a problem, and she can't forgive Kyle for not buying into her "everything is fine" fantasy. From what I see, things will not be ok between these two unless and until Kim gets help. Just my two cents.
    I think in a lot of ways you're right. I think Kim does have some substance problem but I think a lot of the problems also belong to Kyle and her attitude towards her sister. And I don't think it just because Kim is addicted to something.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    soooooooooooo, am i the only one who thinks kim was ON something?????? i don't know, the new chick's crystal meth allegations are ringing a bit true . . . . she was SUPER amped up and then "sick" the next day.
    nope, Bravo made it very clear by focusing on Kim's hyper energy on the day of their flight to Denver, and then the "sick" day, that had no symptoms like most illness do (runny noses, coughs, etc) the next day. Kim seems very fragile and damaged and I don't know why. Maybe the early acting career was a bad choice for her.

Just caught up on the last episode. Whoa! Kim is totally on something. There's something totally off with her and it's quite a bit different than last season. The conversation between Kyle and Taylor in the hot tub was so sad. You can tell that she was hurting and quite torn about her marriage.

Loved Camille's CO home. Too bad she has to sell it. I agree with Kyle, she is quite different now. Maybe she is happier or something, but I kinda like her. A little bit. :-)

Next week looks like it's gonna be a doozy. Taylor sitting in a suitcase having a nervous breakdown? Wow!

eta: I cannot stand Lisa now. Last season, I liked her the most, but now she seems to be more like that fake Luann. The whole "dahhhhhling" thing is so annoying and quite condescending. Sick of her already.
    Last edited by kireelady; 09-17-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    Just caught up on the last episode. Whoa! Kim is totally on something. There's something totally off with her and it's quite a bit different than last season. The conversation between Kyle and Taylor in the hot tub was so sad. You can tell that she was hurting and quite torn about her marriage.

Loved Camille's CO home. Too bad she has to sell it. I agree with Kyle, she is quite different now. Maybe she is happier or something, but I kinda like her. A little bit. :-)

Next week looks like it's gonna be a doozy. Taylor sitting in a suitcase having a nervous breakdown? Wow!

eta: I cannot stand Lisa now. Last season, I liked her the most, but now she seems to be more like that fake Luann. The whole "dahhhhhling" thing is so annoying and quite condescending. Sick of her already.
    (re: bolded statement) I read (US Weekly?) that Bravo wasn't going to show that originally - but with the editing after Russell's suicide, they decided to put it in - did they just need the extra drama after cutting a lot of the Russell/Taylor story?

Sorry, but I still like Lisa a lot! I could totally see where she might be perturbed with Kyle's and Kim's behavior. I also wonder if Russell was supposed to be villain this season, and with him mostly edited out, maybe the focus is directed towards Lisa.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I'm rewatching that Colorodo episode (mentioned above regarding Lisa's attitude). I am wondering just what must've happened on the way to the airport! Gollyeee - Lisa looks pissed off! I'd put money on something happening on the ride. Just my opinion.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread