+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3000Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Taylor's going on about finding her voice doesn't totally ring true for me.
    Last season, she really went off on Kim, talked about going Oklahoma on her, et al.
    Sorry, but this woman never appeared to me to be a shrinking violet......
    Prism likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Finding one's voice has to do with discovering and being able to honestly face (and show your true face) and give voice to who you really are; it's a way of getting out from under whatever intimidation you may think you are facing. That "going Oklahoma" thing is an obvious holdover from her more immature days of trash-talking. That's going back to teenaged days. It's like an animal when it puffs itself up to look larger than it is to scare off somebody or something. It's a way of dealing with things until you find a better, more adult way. Hopefully, we all progress beyond our teenaged immaturity.

You know when it happens, and you no longer need to "talk trash". It's about being honest with yourself (and others) and what you will or will not accept, and saying so. And it can take time to develop. It doesn't happen over night, and we need to give people time to get where they are "going". A lot of people don't like for you to do that because they don't like to see change in you....and these people are not good for you.
    Prism, buttahfly and KatesMom like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The next episode just looks uncomfortable and bizarre what with Taylor in the suitcase and Kim apparently calling up Adrienne drunk. It's strange......out of all the Real Housewives installments Beverly Hills always seems to be the darkest and most tragic. Next episode looks like it will be a tough one.
    Prism likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion View Post
    The next episode just looks uncomfortable and bizarre what with Taylor in the suitcase and Kim apparently calling up Adrienne drunk. It's strange......out of all the Real Housewives installments Beverly Hills always seems to be the darkest and most tragic. Next episode looks like it will be a tough one.
    Ugh...I don't know if I have the energy. I just mustered enough to watch last night!

Why in the world would Taylor put herself out there on national television like that? Unless it's really true that she was desperate to have Bravo money to pay the bills. Regardless, I just don't know what's wrong with people sometimes...grrrrr. Was fame and living in Beverly Hills really so important to her? If so, I truly feel sad for her. Really, really, truly do.

I want to pick apart disgustingly rich, spoiled Beverly Hills housewives for their cattiness, shallowness, and flaws -- I don't want to wallow in their self-destruction. Does that make me a bad person?
    Prism, norealityhere and KatesMom like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Not at all, SugarMama; I think that makes you a person who is curious about these aberrant people, probably shocked by their lack of self control and lack of self respect, stunned perhaps that their lives could have gone so right but went so wrong.

I too wouldn't mind watching their pedestrian snarking and sniveling, and some fairly tame brouhahas; but now I'm fascinated by the horror of it all - right from the first RH that escaped to Chicago after a barroom brawl and legal charges, down to Shana/Shauna/Taylor Armstrong's fake life.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

That RH was Kimberly Bryant, who got into somekinda brawl in an OC bar - I think her husband, Scott, was charged with battery or something, and they were in big trouble. She claimed they had to move to the midwest b/c of her skin condition. Yeah, sure. She was the first of many lowlife hags on the RH. At least Bravo has upgraded - Maloof and Vanderpump actually appear to be the real deal, socialites that I'm curious about.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    ... Maloof and Vanderpump actually appear to be the real deal, socialites that I'm curious about.
    Absolutely! No fake wealth or imminent foreclosures there (gulp, I hope!)
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I extended a lot of benefit of the doubt to Taylor right after Russel's suicide. But I draw the line at the ET interview. For her to give an interview talking about how she's doing, and her experience dealing with Russel's death would be okay. But to publicly try the case of his abusing her is going too far. Why does that matter anymore? It could have an impact if they were going through a nasty divorce, but they are not anymore. The man is dead, out of her life, and does not have the ability to defend himself against the allegations. She did some things after he died that were not what I would have done, but I could excuse them recognizing that people grieve differently. But I can't come up with valid reasons why it's necessary to prove to the world that a dead man abused her. Regardless, he is still her daughter's father. Her daughter deserves to grow up believing that the father she barely knew was a great man ... whether he actually was or not.
    I wish I could like this 100 times. Totally agree. I understand about needing to "find your voice" - but there is NO REASON you need to do it on national TV. Especially as others have noted now that Russell is dead. Leave it alone, if for no other reason than you have a 5yo daughter who has lost her father. Someday she will see all this crap you are doing - and that is not fair to her. Let her have her memories of her Daddy - since that's all she has now!
    Prism likes this.

I would love to know if Kyle's "interview" that was spliced into the scene of her and Taylor talking in the hot tub was filmed before or after the abuse allegations/her hospitalization/even the suicide because she kept adamantly and repeatedly saying things like Taylor was trying to tell her more without saying it, with her eyes, etc. Did Kyle at the time in the hot tub having that conversation think her friend was desperately trying to talk to someone about her abuse or was that fed to her after any number of incidents became public? Given that Kyle will generally pipe up with whatever is on her mind in the moment, her relative silence on that topic in the hot tub and her going on and on about it in the sit down seemed glaringly different.
    Wag more, bark less

I suppose there's some kind of timeline that would reveal what had/had not happened before the hot tub conversation - which I trust really did take place at the ski country house. I suspect Bravo wouldn't want to be caught inserting footage that took place at a completely different time.

In any event, ShanaTaylor looked awful; I believe she really was going through a grueling emotional upheaval, b/c a woman as vain as her wouldn't purposely become that skeletal, that scary to look at, that all the time close to tears and breakdown unless something painful was occurring; and I do pity her for that. I normally have little empathy for her, and I guess it's b/c she seems always disingenuous, always angling for attention, never quite straight with the world. There's something, um, irregular about her.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

+ Reply to Thread