+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2924Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

This episode was weird for me. These women are portrayed (accurately in some cases) as being insanely wealthy. I don't think Camile is hurting for real (yeah, a bit lower than last year, but that Beaver Creek property had to bring in some cash) and Lisa & Adrienne have actual money. Ski concierge aside, why were the LA ladies flying Frontier? I know they have many direct routes into Denver, but they're the "sit down and shut up" airline. Or at least that's what I've experienced on my flights into Denver. Bisquick and scrambled eggs? What's Camile thinking...taking a line from her ex's theme song with a bit of variance? And the "resort" restaurant...just no, with a waiter that familiar from the outset, in a restaurant with dudes who can't be bothered to dress for dinner. That's like every day dinner outings. It all seemed a bit down-market from the OC & NYC groups (which are the only other RH I watch).

Just watched last night's episode, and regarding the trip to Beaver Creek:

* I wondered if perhaps Bravo rented/booked an entire flight so that they could film as they pleased, with some paid passengers to make it look legit?

* On their dinner out, I noticed the rug/floor said "Westin" going in. Beaver Creek CO Resorts | The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain

* I still love Lisa! Her comment at Beaver Creek about transporting the "these creaky Beavers" made me

* Somebody made a comment about Kim being calmer...she's much less squirrely than before. Prozac, perhaps? Whatever, it's working for her

* Yep, Adrienne's looking a bit too stretched these days She has to slow down or she'll look like the Cat Lady! Don't like the way she's treating her husband - I wonder if she's menopausing because her fuse is not just short but practically non-existent!

* I have to admit I felt bad for Camille having had her ex-husband's mistress packing up and sending Camille's clothes and shoes to her. Yikes. She's earned the right to slam Kelsey on national television.

* I agree, dragonlady - sucking on Giggy's face was a bit much!

* Taylor looks skeletal, really not pretty at all. Crying that she didn't want to be alone. Well....... don't know what else to say.

* Loved that house in Beaver Creek! I can certainly understand how Camille would hate to have to give it up. Poor thing.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

THat comment that Lisa made about...poor Camille...having to sell so many of her homes, so that she only has a few left... I'm paraphrasing here.
    In light of the economy, that was really a dumb comment. But, I'm not that surprised it came from Lisa. I think she's OK, but she totally thinks she's above all of them.
    It's seeming like Taylor is using every opportunity this season to throw her husband under the bus. Don't know if I'm going to be able to sit through it week after week.
    Regarding the preview next week where it seems Kim stands up Adrienne and Paul and Paul makes the comment about Kim sounding like she's "intoxicated" on the phone.
    First off, does nobody say drunk anymore - all I ever hear is intoxicated. Are we NO longer allowed to say drunk?!! OMG, Life can be difficult in this PC world, can't it??!!
    All kidding aside, though, I hated that episode last season where Kyle threw her sister under the bus about the drinking. I really don't want to deal with this again. Poor Kim.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    THat comment that Lisa made about...poor Camille...having to sell so many of her homes, so that she only has a few left... I'm paraphrasing here.
    In light of the economy, that was really a dumb comment. But, I'm not that surprised it came from Lisa. I think she's OK, but she totally thinks she's above all of them.
    It's seeming like Taylor is using every opportunity this season to throw her husband under the bus.
    Don't know if I'm going to be able to sit through it week after week.
    Regarding the preview next week where it seems Kim stands up Adrienne and Paul and Paul makes the comment about Kim sounding like she's "intoxicated" on the phone.
    First off, does nobody say drunk anymore - all I ever hear is intoxicated. Are we NO longer allowed to say drunk?!! OMG, Life can be difficult in this PC world, can't it??!!
    All kidding aside, though, I hated that episode last season where Kyle threw her sister under the bus about the drinking. I really don't want to deal with this again. Poor Kim.
    Few thoughts regarding the stuff in bold:

I took the comment by Lisa as a joke - I think she was trying to be sarcastic. That being said, I think someone nailed it earlier when they said that Lisa is going to be the villian this year. I don't see it, and I actually like Lisa. I don't know if originally Russell was going to be the bad guy this season and/or even Taylor, with the focus on their marriage. But there has definitely been a switch and Lisa is the designated nasty woman this season.

Taylor throwing Russell under the bus - would you feel the same if he was still alive? Obviously we all know what happened so I think that changes some of our perspectives. But this was filmed before he died and is telling her story. Perhaps his story was originally in there as well, but with his death, his estate/lawyers have required his side to be pulled. I agree some of it is tough to watch, knowing what we know. And I am the first person to not be in Taylor's camp. I don't know how much of this was real and how much was playing for the camera. If even half of the stories are true, that was a tough marriage on both of them. She is telling her side of the story. Would I do the same? No. But would I feel the same way if Russell was still alive? I don't know. And Taylor had already filmed the footage when he died - I'm not sure she has control over what is shown now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You're getting tired of the word "intoxicated", and I am getting worn out on the phrase "thrown under the bus". What in the world was said before that stupid bus was always coming along?

I find the show interesting because it was shot before the Russell tragedy, and Taylor was talking about what women who feel they are in crisis talk about with trusted friends when their life is in chaos and upheaval. Taylor didn't know what was coming. Knowing now what we didn't know then....just fascinating.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    ...It's seeming like Taylor is using every opportunity this season to throw her husband under the bus. Don't know if I'm going to be able to sit through it week after week....
    She's doing just what Tamra did in OC year before last and what Icky Vicky did last year - bash on their husbands prior to divorcing them. They all did the same thing - complain, whine, cry on their friends' shoulders, struggle to hang on, then file for divorce (except in Tamra's case it was Simon doing the filing). Even if Russell hadn't committed suicide after Taylor filed, I knew this would be the prime event this season. It was to be a "Taylor finds her voice" season. Good reality TV drama... Set 'em up one season, kick 'em out the next, only this one went drastically wrong.

I feel sorry for Taylor because of what happened, but I still think the plan was in the works. If I'm wrong, don't get mad at me, it's just the way I see it (for now, at least).
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

ET has First Interview with Taylor Armstrong

Exclusive: Entertainment Tonight will air the first interview with Beverly Hills housewife Taylor Armstrong since the death of her husband, Russell Armstrong, next Tuesday, September 20.

Taylor will reveal details to Nancy O'Dell about the bruises that she says were caused by her late husband.

A source close to Taylor reveals that she underwent Lasik eye surgery on July 5. Days later, the source claims that she was hit by Russell so hard that her corneal flap was dislocated.

For the rest of the month of July, Taylor was not seen in public as her injuries healed. Her first public appearance after that was on August 1, at a press tour promoting season two of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Tune in this week for our Entertainment Tonight investigation, and then watch ET next Tuesday for Taylor's story in her own words.

Link to Video preview:

ET has First Interview with Taylor Armstrong - ETonline.com
    *Warning : When you go to the link to watch the video preview it does contain abuse pictures of Taylor's face.

FORT Fogey

I extended a lot of benefit of the doubt to Taylor right after Russel's suicide. But I draw the line at the ET interview. For her to give an interview talking about how she's doing, and her experience dealing with Russel's death would be okay. But to publicly try the case of his abusing her is going too far. Why does that matter anymore? It could have an impact if they were going through a nasty divorce, but they are not anymore. The man is dead, out of her life, and does not have the ability to defend himself against the allegations. She did some things after he died that were not what I would have done, but I could excuse them recognizing that people grieve differently. But I can't come up with valid reasons why it's necessary to prove to the world that a dead man abused her. Regardless, he is still her daughter's father. Her daughter deserves to grow up believing that the father she barely knew was a great man ... whether he actually was or not.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I know, from firsthand experience, that "finding one's voice" is a huge and monumental, life-defining experience. You will actually look back at your life in "before I found my voice" and "after I found my voice" parameters. That's just how important it is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I know, from firsthand experience, that "finding one's voice" is a huge and monumental, life-defining experience. You will actually look back at your life in "before I found my voice" and "after I found my voice" parameters. That's just how important it is.
    Completely agree! But to make it so public, so obvious raises doubt in my mind, in terms of Taylor's motives. Especially when one's Beverly Hills ticket is about to disappear.
    Prism likes this.

+ Reply to Thread