+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Yes, I've seen this reported - I think they mostly feel that way because of the partner who also killed himself a few days later.

FWIW, the coroner has reported that the cause of death was suicide. Anything is possible, but the skeptic in me hopes the family isn't doing this to keep the story going and keep it in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I love reading crime novels and watching real crime shows...a scenario like that wouldn't surprise me at all. When money borrowed and loaned gets into the millions, people can get pretty nasty. A lot of people have been killed over less. And if it turns out his partner/associate who also "committed suicide" wasn't a secret gay lover or something like that, then it could be highly suspicious. Also, I was surprised that Russell didn't leave a note - he had a wife he loved and three children...one would think he'd at least leave a note for them. Hmmm.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Taylor is nothing more than a gold-digger who thought she got her claws into a "good one". I don't think Russell had a clue as to what he got himself into from Day 1.

While Russell dealt his own last and final blow, Taylor should NOT get a pass for knocks she caused...and I'd wager cold hard cash that there were many. She is not an innocent bystander.

My heart's not in to giving this woman any of my time or attention. I really couldn't stomach her in S1 and now it will only be worse. Her story line is as vile as she is. It is beyond disturbing that the flames of a gold-digger's career will be fanned by her continued participation on the show while Russell's were extinguished.
    ITA Jexter. I still can't forget that scene between Taylor (the "battered womens advocate") and Kim when they were at the restaurant and Taylor went off on Kim saying something about "I'm about to take you out back and pull some Oklahoma on your ass". This is JMO but I think Taylor has a short temper which is probably something Russell had to deal with quite often.
    I'm not saying Russell didn't contribute to their seemingly volatile relationship, as you (or someone else) stated before it takes two to tango but I do agree that Taylor was/is a gold digger and probably wasn't looking for any quality in character or personality when she went husband hunting and picked Russell.
    All of these "real" housewives and their husbands/boyfriends know what they are signing up for when they become a member of the cast. Being a "real" housewife comes with a price and that includes subjecting yourself and family to scrutiny, gossip and judgment. I don't feel one bit sorry for anyone on any of these shows.
    I'm not a child psychologist nor do I have any background in psychology but I'm going to take a guess and say that Kennedy being as young as she is, will do ok as far as getting through the actual loss of her father. It's Taylors parenting skills (if Taylor even has any!) that will determine whether or not Kennedy grows up healthy both mentally and emotionally.
    It will be interesting to see what kind of men Taylor hooks up with in the future. I'm going to bet she'll be re-married within a year.
    Last edited by chenoa333; 09-08-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I've never gotten the feeling that the bickering between Adrienne and Paul is sincere. I think that both of them are sarcastic people who get digs in to people not out of spite, but out of fun and humor. I know a couple like that. They have a very strong marriage and love each other very much. One of the ways they show affection is to jokingly pick on each other. I get the feeling Adrienne and Paul are the same way.
    Yes, I know a couple like Adrienne and Paul as well. The problem I have while tyring to enjoy my evening is exactly what we saw with the others sitting at the table - it is not fun or enjoyable for those who are in the company of two married adults going at each other. I realize this event could have been a set-up by Bravo, but it absolutely happens in real life amongst extremely wealthy adults. I finally stopped attending dinner parties if I knew this couple was going to be in attendance.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't have a problem with women, being classified as "gold diggers", marrying men for their money. They have to live with whatever comes from that....and the men aren't being dragged to the altar, or the JP, being threatened with a shotgun. Everybody, eventually, gets what they've paid for. I'd rather marry a rich man than a poor one, but I'd also rather really care for that rich man. Actually, I'd rather marry a rich best friend!

You just never really know what you're getting into until you are there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I love reading crime novels and watching real crime shows...a scenario like that wouldn't surprise me at all. When money borrowed and loaned gets into the millions, people can get pretty nasty. A lot of people have been killed over less. And if it turns out his partner/associate who also "committed suicide" wasn't a secret gay lover or something like that, then it could be highly suspicious. Also, I was surprised that Russell didn't leave a note - he had a wife he loved and three children...one would think he'd at least leave a note for them. Hmmm.
    I totally agree. That was the least Russell could have offered. It was indeed a selfish act on his part. Nonetheless, a life was lost, IMO, due to the issues Russell was dealing with off camera, but then having it announced on every news outlet and Internet Blog site took it's toll. We can speculate all we want, but if nothing else comes from this tragic incident, I hope lessons will FINALLY be learned!
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

I also thought it was more than strange / coincidental to see that Russell's partner also committed suicide. Murder, conspiracy, suicide??!! I don't know.
    I do know, as a survivor where a suicide has taken place, it's not unusual to refuse to believe that someone has committed suicide. When you think you know someone, it's difficult to accept and / or believe certain things about them.
    As far as lack of a suicide note....Not all suicides leave notes. Some leave them when they want to lash out at others in one final act. Some leave them as an attempt at an explanation. But, not all leave them.
    We may never know the full story with Russell / Taylor.
    I t will be telling, however, to see how she plays out this season both on the show and in real life.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa View Post
    I totally agree. That was the least Russell could have offered. It was indeed a selfish act on his part. Nonetheless, a life was lost, IMO, due to the issues Russell was dealing with off camera, but then having it announced on every news outlet and Internet Blog site took it's toll. We can speculate all we want, but if nothing else comes from this tragic incident, I hope lessons will FINALLY be learned!
    There have always been, and there will always be suicides. People will always be curious and be looking to explain the unexplainable. People learn only what they want to learn. No note is pretty cold and uncaring. It bugged me that Russell's family only came to the question of murder after the other young lady's "suicide" appeared so questionable.....and with very good reason. Convenience? A definite maybe.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My Lord...Taylor looks horrendous.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

+ Reply to Thread