+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2924Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

what I meant to say... walking out of the room during episodes; so I should keep my mouth shut when I don't know what I'm talking about. Wish it hadn't gone to this dark place with these RHs.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Seriously, I think bringing your dog to someone else's house and having them at your table and allowing them to drink from your dishes (especially "fancy" ones) is as rude as lighting up a cigarette in a non-smoker's house.

I cannot stand those tv dogs. Lisa's, Jill's, anyone's. I have a cat, but I would never dream of bringing him into someone else's home. My sister has a German Shepherd that I love, but she doesn't impose her on anyone else.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Oompa,

How is your friend dealing with this - the one who knew Russell? That has got to be very hard.
    Shocked and very saddened. The viewers only see what cast members/Bravo WANT us to see. It all began from the very first season of the Housewives franchise - Orange County. An exploited minor, Josh Waring, once said in an interview regarding his participation on the Houswives....

"My mom was willing to expose (my problems) but not willing to handle it. It was public entertainment, which pretty much disgusts me. ... If turning your son into a disposable item was necessary for success, she was willing to do it. If you watch this season, it's disgusting the lies I put on for my mom."

'Housewives' son lashes out at his mom | josh, george, lauri - News - The Orange County Register

I shudder to think what might lay looming in the future, especially the minor children who are drug into Reality Show (entertaiment) by their fame seeking parents. I have never wavered from this opinion.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa View Post
    Shocked and very saddened. The viewers only see what cast members/Bravo WANT us to see. It all began from the very first season of the Housewives franchise - Orange County. An exploited minor, Josh Waring, once said in an interview regarding his participation on the Houswives....

"My mom was willing to expose (my problems) but not willing to handle it. It was public entertainment, which pretty much disgusts me. ... If turning your son into a disposable item was necessary for success, she was willing to do it. If you watch this season, it's disgusting the lies I put on for my mom."

'Housewives' son lashes out at his mom | josh, george, lauri - News - The Orange County Register

I shudder to think what might lay looming in the future, especially the minor children who are drug into Reality Show (entertaiment) by their fame seeking parents. I have never wavered from this opinion.
    Oompa,
    Thanks for sharing.
    I am really so sorry to hear that.
    I totally agree with you that everything is edited on these shows.
    And, while I think neither Taylor nor Russell was perfect ( just like the rest of us ), I do think we saw Bravo throwing Russell under the bus last season. And, I think that's sad.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I thought this was an excellent article from the Times on Monday's premiere.

'Real Housewives': Suicide should have scrapped Season 2 - latimes.com
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I thought this was an excellent article from the Times on Monday's premiere.

'Real Housewives': Suicide should have scrapped Season 2 - latimes.com
    Good article, but again I didn't watch the episode...it seems to be what I'd have imagined. If I'd been Queen of Bravo I'd have paid everyone their salaries plus a bonus to make them happy and written/signed contracts for next year...scrapped this season...made the next one Season Two Spectacular, with a LOT of goodwill. But, alas, I'm not Queen
    Dragonlady likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I am on the fence with all this. To air vs. not to air...valid arguments can be made for both sides.

For me, how I am feeling is this:

It takes two to tango in every relationship. It was clear to me last season that Russell had some serious shortcomings. Still, he always struck me as more genuine and real than Taylor - for better or worse. Taylor is nothing more than a gold-digger who thought she got her claws into a "good one". I don't think Russell had a clue as to what he got himself into from Day 1.

While Russell dealt his own last and final blow, Taylor should NOT get a pass for knocks she caused...and I'd wager cold hard cash that there were many. She is not an innocent bystander.

My heart's not in to giving this woman any of my time or attention. I really couldn't stomach her in S1 and now it will only be worse. Her story line is as vile as she is. It is beyond disturbing that the flames of a gold-digger's career will be fanned by her continued participation on the show while Russell's were extinguished.

While not black and white, human beings do fuction on, and are measured by, a morality scale. For me, the freedom to choose to a) air the show and/or b) watch the show trumps the morality or immorality of that decision. However, from where I sit on the morality scale, I believe it is wrong to air the show and wrong to watch it - at least Taylor's portion of it.

Still, I really do want to see the Kim/Kyle storyline, Camille's life after Kelsey, Cedric's antics, and Adrienne's descent into plastic-surgery hell.

I haven't decided if I'm going to watch. For now, I'm taking a pass. It's just too much for me.
    KatesMom and SugarMama like this.

I never felt children should be a part of this show & I still feel that way. I watched most of this show but in all honesty I became really frustrated with Adrainne & Paul's constant bickering. The fact that you openly state you can only tolerate each other for 2 hours a day is just plain sad. Instead of wasting time filmimg this show work on your marriage. Your children will thank you for it.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I've never gotten the feeling that the bickering between Adrienne and Paul is sincere. I think that both of them are sarcastic people who get digs in to people not out of spite, but out of fun and humor. I know a couple like that. They have a very strong marriage and love each other very much. One of the ways they show affection is to jokingly pick on each other. I get the feeling Adrienne and Paul are the same way.
    livin4reality likes this.

Jexter - I don't think Russell had a clue as to what he got himself into from Day 1.

Not Day 1, but he was warned shortly after filming commenced. If you recall, Russell was seen less often, leaving parties early, not attending functions altogether. The season opening dinner party, and Russell nowhere to be seen, was filmed months earlier.

Like most other franchises whose financial affairs were, and are currently NOT their reality, I guarantee you they are trying like hell to appear they have it all only to realieze they have dug themselves deeper into financial ruin, then blame their shortcomings on the economy and rightfully so IN SOME CASES! That said, the BH group, where MOST have REAL money - are definately proving that money cannot buy class, contentment, or happiness.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

+ Reply to Thread