+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3011Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    The only PSA I saw was a brief blurb at the end of the show.
    When Bravo announced that they would be addressing Russell's suicide with a discussion before the show, I assumed it would be the HW sitting down with a moderator, documentary style. I was shocked that it was a 4 minute blip on the screen with camera close ups of a tear or two and Kyle and Mauricio holding hands. I don't fault Bravo for going ahead with the season but I just don't think that this "fix" was enough. Seeing as how it is National Suicide Prevention Week, there is so much more they could have done. PSAs should have been shown at the commercial breaks from various organizations.(Such as The Trevor Project) Bravo draws a diverse audience and they really could have reached out to a lot of people had they chosen to do so.
    THanks, Bunny, I only caught the PSA at the end, as well.
    Your comments, by the way, are extremely well stated and I, too, wish Bravo would have taken your cue and perhaps used a moderator.
    Totally agree, also, that they could have reached out, yet chose not to do so.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Oompa,

How is your friend dealing with this - the one who knew Russell? That has got to be very hard.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I didn't watch it only because I wasn't home Monday night nor did I record it. If I had been home, I definitely would have watched it so I'm just coming here to FORT to get my fix!

Was the new skank - oops! I meant Brandi on this episode?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought that Russell's absence was handled very respectfully and tastefully. What I feel people are forgetting is that this is not only Russell's story, but Taylor's story, too. I don't really think that you can separate the two. Taylor is entitled to her storyline and I think she has a clue about not overdoing it. I don't think it would be OK to allow him to dominate, even from the grave. I am not really a Taylor fan, as such. I guess, as they say, life is for the living. My sorrows are more for Taylor and the 3 children who are left without answers. Taylor has more answers than most, though, and she is not required (unless she wants to) to give them to anyone. I can't help but believe that somebody from Russell's circle is going to come forward with more things that no one knew. I think it's just a matter of time.

Like Taylor said on the show, she was just beginning to find her voice....or something like that....and that is a very important thing for a woman, especially a married woman.
    buttahfly, jucamer and AcookerTV like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Adrienne looks like she definitely had facial work done between the two seasons. When she smiles, her eyes just look WEIRD - the corners move at very odd angles and that's just a tell-tale sign of a facelift... usually a bad one and since her husband is such a big time plastic surgeon it's sad to see her looking so badly. And last night she behaved worse than she ever has in any previous episode.

I found myself disliking each and every "housewife" throughout the entire episode... and I certainly did not feel that way last season at all.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I think Bravo was in the situation of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" with respect to Russell's suicide. It happened, we all know it happened, so if they were going to go forward with this season, they had to address it. That being said, there is a lot of press out there right now about reality shows being to blame for some of this stuff. So I think they had a very difficult line to walk. If they went over the top, then they were trying to capitalize on a tragedy. If they didn't address it, then they were sweeping it under the rug - and maybe admitting to having some level of fault. I also read on TMZ that Russell's family was going to be watching the show with scrutiny to make sure his name wasn't dragged through the mud. I have a problem with that one, because as someone above noted, it is Taylor's story as well. That being said, I think the producers did the best they could. I think they had to address it to a certain extent, but I think if they had done much more it would have come across wrong. I agree I would have liked to see more PSA's on suicide but as far as how the show itself handled the situation, I think they did the best they could.
    jucamer and AcookerTV like this.

I didn't feel good about watching the show this week, felt the huddle about Armstrong's death was horribly scripted and insincere. Then the same old same old-- a lovely, costly dinner get-together where various cast members take offense to comments, jump up from the table, sidelong glances, tears, no one eating dinner, everyone arching for camera time, acting like it's all very normal behavior, and in general they're hating on one another while trying to appear above reproach.

Lisa's husband was thoughtless and crass- so what if he's so darn lacking in human emotion that he'd feel "weak" asking a therapist for help? He's not exactly a moron, so he knew better than to say such a thing out loud to a grieving woman, how cruel. He should have known she'd instantly interpolate, thinking he meant Armstrong was weak. Real friends, couples who socialize and have fun together, don't talk that way to one another. It's inflammatory and humiliating. At best.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Lisa's husband didn't make that comment to a grieving woman. Yes, he said it to a woman who was struggling in her marriage, but it was said months ago. There was little doubt in my mind when I watched the premiere that Lisa and her husband have been chosen to be the villans this season. I think after the way she was portrayed last season, Camille only agreed to come back if she was given a nicer edit. They needed a villan for all the women to battle against, and Lisa was put into that role. That's why they had the scene where Taylor was so freaked out over seeing Cedric. That's why Kyle and Taylor explained to us that a British accent makes someone sound intimidating. That's why they brought Brandy onto the show this season to be friends with Cedric. Camille is back in the good crowd this season, and Lisa is going to be the judgemental mean girl along with her husband. Who knows -- maybe Jiggy will cause controversy peeing in someone's house so he can be part of the villan family too.

Ahhhh.... you're right..... That had to be before. I should watch the whole episode or none of it! I find myself walking in and out of the room, wishing it hadn't gone to this d Oh, what a mess that group is in. I don't suppose any of them are friends? Are they?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread