+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2924Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    Hey Sugar Mama, I don't doubt your fortitude but please check in with the rest of us (who admittedly) CAN'T stop watching, and let us know if you made it through the entire season without watching
    (However, coming to FORT to catch up on the latest postings on these snark worthy "housewives", is ok!)
    I could never say "I refuse to watch this show anymore"- it would be like saying I'll never eat Hagen Daas ice cream again! It's not going to happen (but that's just me> I have no will power
    Actually, I meant that I'd not be watching that particular episode with the interviews of the other BH Housewives (the first one, I believe). Definitely not. And I'd say "probably" not for the rest of the season. I just don't want to see Taylor and Russell knowing what transpired later. But who knows.

Incidentally, here's a link to a piece about this first episode - funny this first episode is airing during National Suicide Prevention Week
    'Housewives of Beverly Hills' will air next week -- with suicide prevention alerts | Inside TV | EW.com
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I can't give up watching any of my Housewives.
    This year I already quit smoking ....
    I rarely drink...
    weigh 118 lbs so don't over eat ......
    so I've gotta have some vices!!
    And it's definitely Reality TV!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I rarely drink...
    I hear ya!
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I rarely drink...
    Too funny, DragonLady,

Glad to hear you're still not smoking! That's great. And, it does get easier, believe me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Bravo has a bank account. Not a heart.
    You got that right Prism! All about the ratings and the money. No heart, soul whatsoever. I'd like to wipe that stupid smirk off Andy Cohens face - idiot!

How many more lives will be affected by these types of ridiculous shows? Sorry about the rant, tired of seeing ppl, other families hurt b/c stupid morons looking for fame, kick people including their own kids to the curb to get their fake mugs, fake lives in front of a TV camera. For what? My Gawd!
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa View Post
    You got that right Prism! All about the ratings and the money. No heart, soul whatsoever. I'd like to wipe that stupid smirk off Andy Cohens face - idiot!
    I totally understand what you're saying here but Andy's no idiot...when it comes to making money. We keep thinking people should have some pride in how they make their money and that's an old fashioned concept, I found. People don't care anymore how they get rich and famous....Just ask Bernie Madoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa View Post
    How many more lives will be affected by these types of ridiculous shows? Sorry about the rant, tired of seeing ppl, other families hurt b/c stupid morons looking for fame, kick people including their own kids to the curb to get their fake mugs, fake lives in front of a TV camera. For what? My Gawd!
    Everything you say here is right on but until people care (once again) how they're portrayed or make money, lots and lots will jump on the bandwagon.
    Until the public gets tired of it....and they will.

I totally understand what you're saying here but Andy's no idiot...when it comes to making money. We keep thinking people should have some pride in how they make their money and that's an old fashioned concept, I found. People don't care anymore how they get rich and famous....Just ask Bernie Madoff.

Everything you say here is right on but until people care (once again) how they're portrayed or make money, lots and lots will jump on the bandwagon.
    Until the public gets tired of it....and they will.
    Exactly! Well said.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

FORT Fogey

I'm watching the premiere right now and I think they handled Russel's suicide well. For those not watching, Kyle and her husband, Kim, Camille, Lisa and her husband all gathered at Adrienne's house. Adrienne's husband was there too. They spent about 3 or so minutes talking about it. It was the kind of conversation that happens often with friends of a suicide- what signs did they miss, why, concern for the family. Then they showed text saying all the events of the season happened before Russel's death. I think they were able to acknowledge without exploiting.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I agree--they handled the first episode back fairly well for a RHoX show. I'm also glad there wasn't a WWHL episode afterward, or it could have hit the skids. I'm kind of leaning toward thinking they did a re-edit, focusing more on Adrienne and Paul's issues. Maybe they'll amp up the fight between Adrienne's chef and Lisa. Or maybe Giggy and Jackpot . I get why Adrienne was pissed at Paul at the dinner table. I have a couple of guys in my circle of friends who pull the same, what they perceive as hilarious but what is intensely childish and rude, BS in public occasionally. It was worse back in the younger years, but now that we're all pushing 40, it's diminishing, but as the drinks come out, it still happens some times and their wives want to melt into the floor. However, Paul has got to be well past 40 and he didn't look at all tipsy when he was being an ass about shaving, well before the $2,200 (!) bottle of champagne came out.

OT BS aside, Camille's perpetual weird combination of smugness and victim-hood still annoys me. I kind of hold out a sad hope that Kyle and Kim patch things up, just because I'm a sap for sisterly support. As for Taylor, Russell's suicide is a horrible thing to happen to the family, especially the children, so I hope they do down-play her edit. Plus, even if Russell were alive and well and loaded with cash, I still would only like her a shade more than Alexis on OC, whom I cannot stand. I'd rather have Jill Zarin Fabric Goddess in my house 24/7 than watch Alexis.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate it when people take their dogs everywhere. What went on at that dinner table with Jiggy was disgusting and extremely rude.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread