+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2993Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

OK, Nancy Grace's show (there is a guest host) is scraping the bottom of the Housewives barrel. Mike Salahi from DC

JMHO:
    I think Russell was probably capable of being abusive and/or controlling to his wife.
    I also think Taylor is capable of accusing or being somewhat vague and exaggerating the truth to get attention/pity for herself. (Which I feel she did -way over the top- at that abuse charity shindig.)
    We'll never know..only Taylor knows the truth the now.
    I just feel bad for his kids.
    Duckyface and SugarMama like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

For me the bottom line is this: the man killed himself. Ended his life. He would never have done that unless he had really strong reasons. He must've really believed that some facts so terrible --- so shameful --- were going to come out, that he could not even bear to be alive.

This was a very domineering, strong willed, powerful man, who, apparently took control over the women in his life. He has a legal record of abuse in the past, and probably was abusive, to some extent, to Taylor. I seriously doubt that he was just an innocent victim who people were saying bad things about, for no good reason. I think there must've been some truth to many of the rumors.

I personally don't care if Russell abused Taylor, if Taylor has played it to enhance her victim status, if Bravo gleefully took advantage for ratings...the ifs-and-or-buts of all of that makes for interesting discussion, but it's not been what's most important, in my opinion. For whatever reasons, a man/husband/father hanged himself, was so desperate and lost that he ended his life - that's a very sad thing.
    Duckyface and sparklete like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, the hospitals can report suspicions of domestic violence all they want. All Taylor has to do is deny the events to the authorities. A lot of women do that, to save face and to protect the abusers....not that it makes any sense. A lot of people are also raised to not talk about the bad things that are going on at home. "It's nobody's business what goes on in our family." I can think of many reasons why Taylor may have done the things she did, and they are all sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I may be entirely wrong here, because I don't live in California, and I never have. But I thought I remembered reading that after Nicole Brown was murdered, that California toughened up their domestic abuse laws, allowing authorities to do more, even if the victim did not want to cooperate. Is that correct? Or maybe that just applies when someone calls the police, but then changes their mind when things calm down, and isn't about hospitals? Or maybe Nicole's sister was fighting for it but it didn't go through. I don't know. But i did think that California had made changes for the better there.

It used to be (and I'm no expert on the subject) that if the woman/man did NOT want to press charges of domestic abuse on the boyfriend/husband/wife/gf, then there was nothing anyone (including the police or the DA) could do about it. That has changed (don't know how long ago it changed in California) but now, if a woman/man is accused of domestic abuse, even if the person who makes the call to the police about the abuse does not want to press charges, the state/DA can still press charges against the accused. If I'm giving incorrect info here, please feel free to correct me.
    I do know some laws regarding stalking were changed (made stricter) here in California back in the 1990's when the pretty blond actress (Rebecca -don't recall her last name, she starred in "my sister sam") was shot point blank in the face by a stalker who got her address off the internet or from the post office or some public place.
    Domestic abuse is alive and well in all social classes from ghetto poor to ultra rich. Hopefully someday, by educating people and updating the laws, this horrible crime will become less of a problem.
    Last edited by chenoa333; 08-21-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling

FORT Fanatic

I know nothing about California law, but you may be right, and that was why the DA pressed charges against Chris Brown, though Rihanna did not want to press charges.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Distraught Taylor Armstrong Carried from Funeral - ETonline.com

I want to know what happened to her shoes?

Bigger question is...were the BRAVO cameras filming the event?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread