+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3203Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

At the time that the incident at Kyle's party happened last season, I had a different take on why Taylor was uncomfortable. Up until that night, we'd seen several times that Taylor was having fun, Russel was "done" and so she stopped having fun to stick by him. The time it stuck out the most was at the cocktail gathering in Vegas I think when all the couples were having a great time, and Russel came over and told her it was time to leave, and she dissapointingly left. That night at Kyle's was the first time that was saw Taylor basically tell him "I know what you want to do, but I don't, so go do it yourself". She was standing up to him instead of "obeying" him for the first time. I can understand how she'd be nervous about that - abuse or not. Its a big shift in their relationship. Maybe it was also the beginning of the end for them. I've seen it happen before in a marriage where a wife will choose to submit to her husband's every whim. Then after many years, realizing she never gets it her way, the woman will put her foot down. On the one hand, you're proud of the woman. On the other hand, you can understand why the man would say "But this isn't the deal I signed up for" and not be comfortable with the shift. I'm not saying the man was right to be so domineering. Just that he chose a woman because she did defer to him, and now doesn't understand how things changed out from under him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Having been married to a man who had a tendency to want to control, it's always best to never let that behavior even begin or to, at least, get out before somebody gets hurt. Control is not about love, and money is not worth it. When you start to see changes in who you are, it's important to recognize that that's not a good thing....and letting somebody dictate your every movement is dangerous. I remember feeling sorry for her/worried for her when he felt the need to pull her away from her friends. Generally, not a good sign....and you could see that in her face.
    You might recognize it if you've been through something similar.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    having been married to a man who had a tendency to want to control, it's always best to never let that behavior even begin or to, at least, get out before somebody gets hurt. Control is not about love, and money is not worth it. When you start to see changes in who you are, it's important to recognize that that's not a good thing....and letting somebody dictate your every movement is dangerous. I remember feeling sorry for her/worried for her when he felt the need to pull her away from her friends. Generally, not a good sign....and you could see that in her face.
    You might recognize it if you've been through something similar.
    yes!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Well it looks like The Real Housewives of Hollywood really did have a big story coming out in this incoming season. This story says that Russell had beaten Taylor so badly that she had to be hospitalized and undergo surgery! AND that when Russell found out that Camille Grammer knew, he threatened harm to her too! It really sounds bizarre.

I know that Russell does have a violent history with women, but if he had beaten Taylor so badly, then why did she have plans to meet him in private Monday night to discuss their divorce? The stories say she had called a friend to meet her at his apt when he failed to show up. Meeting him alone and then going over to his place to see why he didn't show up, seems pretty brave to me if you are terrified of someone. If someone put me in the hospital, I would be communicating strictly through my lawyer.

Here's the link:

Taylor Armstrong Beaten, Camille Grammer Threatened | TMZ.com

Debb70 -- if that's true, why wasn't he arrested? Isn't a hospital supposed to report suspected domestic violence cases? How would she have explained such an injury without involving police, even if she said she was mugged?
    Duckyface likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Bravo to re-edit Housewives of Beverly Hills due to Russell Armstrong's suicide | Inside TV | EW.com

This is starting to remind me of of The Louds - An American Family. It was actually the first reality show that aired on PBS in the 70's, I think.
    The patriarch of the family, who goes through a divorce that is filmed during the airing of the show, commits suicide, too.

I also have been thinking back to the poem - Richard Cory by Edwin Arlington Robinson. I studied the poem in 8th grade English and remember when Simon and Garfunkel wrote a song about it. The poem talks about a man who supposedly had it all; then went home and put a bullet through his head.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-19-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Debb70 -- if that's true, why wasn't he arrested? Isn't a hospital supposed to report suspected domestic violence cases? How would she have explained such an injury without involving police, even if she said she was mugged?

I know that medical professionals are required to report bullet wounds and injuries to children. I'm not aware that they must report domestic assault if the victim says they don't want it. I'm not up on CA law, so perhaps that info will come out later. It appears she initially hid it from Bravo. (Of course, my first thought about Taylor having facial surgery had NOTHING to do with being assaulted. That's mean to say, but it did cross my mind. I would hope she would not be dishonest about that kind of thing.)

NOW, it looks like Russell's parents are having a fit over Taylor leaving them out of the funeral plans. They want his body back with them. Apparently, she wants to bury him in CA. I guess she wants a grave for the kids to visit. If the divorce had gone through, she would not have any say in the matter. I can understand her feelings about the grave, but I don't know that I would get into a big, stinking, fight with his family under the circumstances. They have already blamed her for causing his much stress by overspending. I think I would just step aside and let his family handle matters. I'm sure Russell's family would welcome the kids to say their goodbyes.

What's the song title you referring to about the man in the old documentary?

I found the song. I'll post the link soon.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-19-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    NOW, it looks like Russell's parents are having a fit over Taylor leaving them out of the funeral plans. They want his body back with them. Apparently, she wants to bury him in CA. I guess she wants a grave for the kids to visit...
    This is getting craaaaazy Earlier today I read that Taylor and Russell's family would share his ashes - cremated? True? False? Who knows?

Russell Armstrong's ashes to be divided between his family and wife - Online News # 51063

So far I've read:

-- Taylor found him hanging, a friend found him hanging, his roommate found him hanging while Taylor was in the house
    -- Taylor pointed to abuse in the divorce filing; Taylor did NOT mention abuse in the divorce filing
    -- The Armstrongs were $1.5 million in debt, the Armstrongs were more than $12 million in debt (and some in between)

What the heck is the truth?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Re: Alison Dubois:
    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Boy did she ever get that wrong. Hey here's a thought...maybe she got Mauricio & Mario mixed-up. They both start with "M".
    Dubois has been interviewed quite a bit since Armstrong's death. Apparently the world of celebrity thinks she's all that. She is a despicable woman, but it appears she has some psychic ability- maybe she was channeling the wrongdoing Ms; interesting. I wish they'd stop pumping her up, b/c she's a vile and destructive woman.
    luvsginger and jucamer like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

http://www.futureswithoutviolence.or...tory_calif.pdf

State Law - Reporting - Domestic Abuse - Stanford University School of Medicine

The above links indicate that California law requires medical professionals who treat injuries which are deemed or suspected to be a result of domestic violence to report those injuries to law enforcement. So, how could Taylor have been hospitalized and treated for a fractured cheek and it not be reported? Unless she came up with a whopper of a story that the doctor(s) believed. Oh well.

+ Reply to Thread