+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3133Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    ...I was thinking of the really old ones, where from the back you think they're young and then they turn around! yikes.
    I almost spit out my coffee!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

It sure is nice to be able to talk about this with people who really understand. I have to be honest and say there were some times that I didn't feel all that good and accepting of the changes but for the most part, I'm ok with it.
    But I'm always on guard that I don't look like those women who refuse to believe that they no longer have "it." You know the ones that wear mini-mini skirts, high heels, long hair, too much makeup and show lots of cleavage. I find that to be just sad because so many people are laughing at them behind their backs.
    Sometimes when shopping for clothes, I'm immediately drawn to certain items and then have to think, "no, my time for that has passed" and walk away. I loved mini skirts, esp since I was/am mini myself but grandma and mini don't go together anymore, even if the legs are the last to go.
    I feel the same way. My problem is that I have a really hard time finding clothes to fit. I'm between a size 0-2 & honestly the best fitting clothes I find are juniors size 3. I can't count the times I've bought clothes only to take them back for being too short, too low-cut or to form fitting. I cring because I never thought I would ever wear leggings & a long top again. I always keep in mind that I AM somebody's Mom. I'm not 25 & honestly glad I'm not. I do wear heels though because I am barely 5' although I do wear alot of ballet flats. The only make-up I wear is a bit of blush, mascara & lipgloss.

Ohhhh I forgot to add, the other night I was watching Joy Behar & Charo was on. Oh my....dead ringer for Adrinne's older sister.

I think I'm starting to have RHOBH withdrawals! These women are without a doubt my absolute favorites to watch (even though I don't like Camille or Taylor) Oh well, the OC girls are up next and they are my second favorite. To quote Vicki "Whoo Hoo!"

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    I think I'm starting to have RHOBH withdrawals! These women are without a doubt my absolute favorites to watch (even though I don't like Camille or Taylor) Oh well, the OC girls are up next and they are my second favorite. To quote Vicki "Whoo Hoo!"
    I want to stuff a sock in Icky Vicky when she does that, but I understand! At least they're worthy to love to hate.

I didn't watch DC or Atlanta and haven't watched Miami (yet).

From what I've read, I have enough time for NYC, BH, OC, and NJ (if they redeem themselves). And, of course, Bethenny

And I agree, Camille and Taylor are my least favorites... in that order
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

The Beverly Hills ladies have been quiet. Filming for S2 was supposed to start shortly (if it hasn't already). I wonder if they are all coming back? I mean if not, wouldn't we have heard by now?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I feel the same way. My problem is that I have a really hard time finding clothes to fit. I'm between a size 0-2 & honestly the best fitting clothes I find are juniors size 3. I can't count the times I've bought clothes only to take them back for being too short, too low-cut or to form fitting. I cring because I never thought I would ever wear leggings & a long top again. I always keep in mind that I AM somebody's Mom. I'm not 25 & honestly glad I'm not. I do wear heels though because I am barely 5' although I do wear alot of ballet flats. The only make-up I wear is a bit of blush, mascara & lipgloss.
    I could have written this about myself! (Except, darn it, I'm a size 6-8 but I've got 2 inches in height on you!!)
    I loved leggings and long tops and although surprised they're back so soon, am enjoying wearing them again. I think it's an attractive look and wonderful for disguising that late-in-life pooch in the middle.

When you're petite, it is tempting to shop in the young girls department.
    It's one of the reasons that I don't find any of the Real Housewives to be good models for middle aged women. I think most dress, wear their hair in a manner more suited for young girls. Gretchen can still get away with it but most look like they're trying to hard to hang onto their youth and that combined with plastic surgery can come off as pathetic.

dragonLady today I am wearing a long sleeve t-shirt from Gap, Forever 21 black leggins & boots. If someone thinks I'm dressing too young that is their issue. I have to wear what fits.

FORT Fogey

dragonLady today I am wearing a long sleeve t-shirt from Gap, Forever 21 black leggins & boots. If someone thinks I'm dressing too young that is their issue. I have to wear what fits.
    I'm probably not-of-age for this type of get-up, but dayum. If I had the figure for it, I'd be all over it.

Please know I wasn't being negative about your clothes choices.
    I'm similarly dressed but fashions by Old Navy! and I'm pretty sure I'm your "elder."

But I bet your tee shirt isn't cut down to your bellybutton and the leggings don't have peek-a-boo holes in them, worn with 5 inch hooker heels like the Housewives!
    Age appropriate clothes can be found anywhere but, unfortunately, the Housewives haven't gotten that memo yet. In their case, the phrase "if it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck........" doesn't apply.

Please know I wasn't being negative about your clothes choices.
    I'm similarly dressed but fashions by Old Navy! and I'm pretty sure I'm your "elder."

But I bet your tee shirt isn't cut down to your bellybutton and the leggings don't have peek-a-boo holes in them, worn with 5 inch hooker heels like the Housewives!
    Age appropriate clothes can be found anywhere but, unfortunately, the Housewives haven't gotten that memo yet. In their case, the phrase "if it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck........" doesn't apply.
    Oh my dear I know that you weren't being negative towards me. The t shirt was to mid thigh & the boots had flat heels. I'd break an ankle with 5" heels.

I am totally with you on the HW age appropiate dresses. Even Gretchen is starting to be at that age where too short is not good. While I can wear a binkin it is limited to my backyard pool where no one can see. Public beach...it is 1 piece city.

I just guess with maturity does come wisdom. I have a almost 30 year old & 25 year old and I wasn't a teen Mom.

+ Reply to Thread