+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3079Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Jexter and Dragon lady, I couldn't agree with you more. At 52 I've come to realize that I'm not turning heads anymore either and certainly do not get the attention I got in my younger years. It is an adjustment.

On the other hand however, I've also come to the realization that I no longer have to be that always put together, dressed to the nines person I once was. It's such a relief in some ways. You can get away with so much more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Reg. age....I'm starting to work myself up that ladder, and it IS a crazy concept. It's like gaining weight. You sort of know it's happening, and maybe you see it a little bit, but you really don't have a strong sense of it coming on. Then, one day, you wake up and realize just how fat and/or old you are - and that the world is made up of much more attractive/young people than you ever realized. You used to be one of them. Now you're an outsider looking in. It's the latter part that is the hardest. Not being part of the "in" crowd anymore.
    All of us are working our way "up the ladder". There is NOBODY who can escape the inevitability of growing old (except Benjamin Button!) but I have to say Jexter, that was very eloquently and truthfully stated.
    Getting back to Camille; I still say those photos (depending on what time period they were taken) are either Photoshopped or, back in the day it was airbrushing. Both processes are very helpful in making ones flaws disappear and making the skin look smooth, soft. I'm not saying Camille doesn't have a nice figure - just saying she probably had some "help".
    I noticed on the RHOBH reunion, that Camilles' skin on her arms looked very blotchy - like someone who has spent way too much time in the sun or in a tanning salon (or both). Or maybe, she just has lots of freckles

Jexter and Dragonlady, I couldn't have said it better. I'm always concerned that I'm not age appropriate. I feel like I did in college, although my body betrays me at times. My daughter usually keeps me in check as far as clothing goes. I try to look at others my age to make sure I'm not pushing it. I have to laugh at most of the RH's and their clothing choices. If I used them as an example of what a woman my age should wear, I would get arrested not to mention losing every patient I've ever had!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Sometimes I find myself thinking, "so this is must be what a nun feels like," like all of a sudden, I've become asexual.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Bingo.
    ME 3!

LOL! I'm so glad I'm in good company.

It sure is nice to be able to talk about this with people who really understand. I have to be honest and say there were some times that I didn't feel all that good and accepting of the changes but for the most part, I'm ok with it.
    But I'm always on guard that I don't look like those women who refuse to believe that they no longer have "it." You know the ones that wear mini-mini skirts, high heels, long hair, too much makeup and show lots of cleavage. I find that to be just sad because so many people are laughing at them behind their backs.
    Sometimes when shopping for clothes, I'm immediately drawn to certain items and then have to think, "no, my time for that has passed" and walk away. I loved mini skirts, esp since I was/am mini myself but grandma and mini don't go together anymore, even if the legs are the last to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    You know the ones that wear mini-mini skirts, high heels, long hair, too much makeup and show lots of cleavage. I find that to be just sad because so many people are laughing at them behind their backs.
    You must be referring to Vicki, Tamra, Alexis and Lynn huh?

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    And how could I ever forget to include Lauri Peterson!

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    wow!
    I guess I am.....hadn't thought of it that way.
    I was thinking of the really old ones, where from the back you think they're young and then they turn around! yikes.

+ Reply to Thread