+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3075Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Adrienne has grown up with more wealth than most of us can even imagine, and she seems to be stable, secure, and not in pursuit of more wealth (good grief).

Lisa, seems stable and secure, but I'm not sure how she acquired her wealth. I know she owns a restaurant, but would promoting that be enough to go on the HouseWives?
    Lisa seems to lvoe showing off her lifestyle. She seemed to have the most fun in front of the camera. I think she liked the attention

Adrienne I dont get. Id be surprised if she returns next season bc she doesnt need this. She didnt get involved in any of the drama so she didnt even bring anything interesting for the producers to work with. She is my second favorite but I think she's a bit too classy for a show like this. I think she kinda realized it by the way she held herself at the reunion. She seemed to be beyond the petty nonsense the other women were engaging in

Quote Originally Posted by Qbyrd View Post
    Adrienne I dont get. Id be surprised if she returns next season bc she doesnt need this. She didnt get involved in any of the drama so she didnt even bring anything interesting for the producers to work with. She is my second favorite but I think she's a bit too classy for a show like this. I think she kinda realized it by the way she held herself at the reunion. She seemed to be beyond the petty nonsense the other women were engaging in
    I like Adrienne also but I wouldn't call her classy simply because anyone who's classy would not even consider being on a show like this and opening all their closets for the world to see every skeleton in there.

I do think she comports herself well in all situations as does Lisa. Both Kyle and Camille behave like a spoiled brats, revealing their insecurities. Poor little Kim is just a mess but I don't think she has a mean bone in her body. Taylor is a total joke, only she is the only one who isn't aware of it.
    I think that Adrienne and Lisa are the only ones who are very secure with who they are and that gives the impression of class.
    I think the truly classy ones are people we've never heard of and are known only to their own circle of similar friends.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Qbyrd View Post
    Lisa seems to lvoe showing off her lifestyle. She seemed to have the most fun in front of the camera. I think she liked the attention

I think Adrienne is a return to the original concept of the Real Housewives. She's showing us what it's like to have this incredible life, with all this money, in this desirable area. The show wasn't originally created to showcase catfights and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I think Adrienne is a return to the original concept of the Real Housewives. She's showing us what it's like to have this incredible life, with all this money, in this desirable area. The show wasn't originally created to showcase catfights and drama.
    Do you honestly believe that? ( I mean that as kindly as I can say )

That Bravo was hoping that a bunch of rich, spoiled, pampered women would be above such nonsense as cat-fights, jealousy, gossip, gold digging?
    These are women to whom material things and looking young and thin are the most important things in life and they will do whatever it takes to keep those things. Taylor is a good example of that.

I think you're correct about Adrienne and her purpose on the show but she's the minority. Also Lisa.
    Giving some of these women a lot of money does not remove all traces of the trailor park. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Tamra. )

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Giving some of these women a lot of money does not remove all traces of the trailor park. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Tamra. )

To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fanatic

This must be some street they live on, Adrienne, Charlie Sheen, and now Paris says she lives a few houses down, that's how she and Brooke Mueller, became good friends. There goes the neighborhood.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Do you honestly believe that? ( I mean that as kindly as I can say )

That Bravo was hoping that a bunch of rich, spoiled, pampered women would be above such nonsense as cat-fights, jealousy, gossip, gold digging?
    These are women to whom material things and looking young and thin are the most important things in life and they will do whatever it takes to keep those things. Taylor is a good example of that.

I think you're correct about Adrienne and her purpose on the show but she's the minority. Also Lisa.
    Something like that never comes off kind And I believe they were created to showcase the lifestyles these women live, and also some cattiness and drama, but not the complete "goat rodeo" that it has become.

There was always rivalry and jealous and cattiness, but not the all-out, classless, public brawls we've been seeing in the past few seasons. New York is a perfect example of that.

At first it was Ramona vs. Jill in a rivalry, but they took it out in a tennis match. I'd say that's a far cry from "Scary Island" and Alex's message to Jill. I began my Housewives journey with New York, but still. You can see the evolution in the fighting. It's gone from rivalries and cattiness with enough class to at least be polite and kind in public to public chastisings in bars, "messages" delivered in front of entire parties of people, and nervous breakdowns on tropical islands.

I really think it began with the Atlanta ladies. They were never scared to get into it in public and are quick to confront. Then there was Jersey and the table flip, which was ratings gold, and the rest is history.

So while yes, I think that the show has become about ridiculous drama and public, humiliating brawls, I don't think it started that way.

FORT Fogey

Adrienne has tons of reasons to be interested in being on this show - namely a horrible Las Vegas economy and a sports team that kind of stinks. As rich as she is, I doubt she and her family could afford the kind of press her stint on the show created. It was a very VERY smart business move IMO.

Same for Lisa. But, Lisa does like the camera, but she is an actress by trade and that goes with the territory.

FORT Fogey

Agreed, regarding Adrienne. She also continued to play it very, very smart by not getting involved in the drama, presenting herself as the level-headed one, presenting her relationship with her husband as the type of bickering but loving couple you're just as likely to see anywhere else, with any other income.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Something like that never comes off kind And I believe they were created to showcase the lifestyles these women live, and also some cattiness and drama, but not the complete "goat rodeo" that it has become.

There was always rivalry and jealous and cattiness, but not the all-out, classless, public brawls we've been seeing in the past few seasons. New York is a perfect example of that.

At first it was Ramona vs. Jill in a rivalry, but they took it out in a tennis match. I'd say that's a far cry from "Scary Island" and Alex's message to Jill. I began my Housewives journey with New York, but still. You can see the evolution in the fighting. It's gone from rivalries and cattiness with enough class to at least be polite and kind in public to public chastisings in bars, "messages" delivered in front of entire parties of people, and nervous breakdowns on tropical islands.

I really think it began with the Atlanta ladies. They were never scared to get into it in public and are quick to confront. Then there was Jersey and the table flip, which was ratings gold, and the rest is history.

So while yes, I think that the show has become about ridiculous drama and public, humiliating brawls, I don't think it started that way.
    I have been watching since the beginning of Orange County, and yes, production loves scandal. Even so, the housewives take it as far as they choose to go.

Different show, but as I recall, Top Chef, a show that (IMO) exhibits higher standards, exposed raw video of two chefs contestants, each in serious relationships at home, clandestinely intimate on a couch.

+ Reply to Thread