+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Finally got to see the extended Dinner Party from H*ll lost footage.
    Like others have already said, there wasn't really too much added to it.
    There wasn't a lot that was new but man, o, man was it still delicious and hadn't gone stale, IMO. Each time I watched, I saw so much that I had missed the first time. I'm just grateful I have enough of a life, not to keep re-watching it many times as I'm sure I'd pick up on even more!!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    but I do think this show threw her to the wolves, in their effort to make Kyle appear likable.
    Yes!!
    They're like the packs of coyotes that run around here, always looking for the injured, defenseless to pounce on.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    When I first watched Kyle, I thought she was fun and funny (felt the same way about Jill, NYC). But the more I've seen of her, and then rewatching the earlier episodes, I see a different, more fake side (again, Jill NYC). I was so busy seeing Kyle as the victim and Camille as the aggressor, I didn't recognize that Kyle was egging it on and overreacting, seemingly inviting the conflict. Now when I see Kyle's "Oh Really?" head shakes, I see a "bring it on" attitude that makes me wonder if there's more truth than fiction to Camille's saying Kyle talked her onto the show to be her target.
    The same for me. Although being a seasoned Housewife junkie, I've learned (finally) to never like anyone, no matter how nice they seem. All of them are full of giant flaws and that's what keeps us watching.
    They present us with women who seem to have EVERYTHING compared to most of us in real life.
    But the more we watch, the less we envy and we wouldn't trade lives for anything.

After watching the lost footage and the new "Dinner Party from Hell", I am haven't changed my opinion on any of the ladies. I still think Camille is a major manipulator and is in need of some serious therapy (tho I doubt it will help even with meds), Taylor is a big fat (lip) lying bitch that will do anything to claw her way into designer clothes (thanks Bunny for that youtube link!), Lisa is down to earth, Kyle is the most normal, Adrienne is from another breed that was just born into soo much money we cant even fathom what it is to be her, and Kim is damaged goods.

Beverly HIlls are my favorite "Real Housewives" because they really are the only batch that really depict wealth in the US. The OC gals depended mostly on real estate whether if it were sales or construction, the NY ladies are a bunch of wannabes that live off others, Altlanta ladies are just not that "ladies"....i never thought I would say this but Phaedra is the only one that comes close to being a "Real Housewife"....and that DC bunch aren't even worth mentioning!

Thanks for listening!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    ....and that DC bunch aren't even worth mentioning!
    I just couldn't get up the interest in DC, so I didn't watch that one (whoops, I mentioned them, sorry ), and I tried to watch Atlanta, but having lived there it was too unreal for me.

My favorites (in order): BH, NYC, OC -- NJ is on probation
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Yay, you saw it, too. He seemed to be holding back some hostility towards Taylor, and I got the definite impression he doesn't like her. I felt that was odd because he usually doesn't give off that "vibe" in my opinion.
    I'm okay with Andy not liking Taylor. Neither do I. I'm not caring for Kyle, either, mostly because of the cruel way she treats and talks to her sister. I understand "family problems" and that's just what they are - family problems that don't need to be aired on a TV show. Kyle is gauche, controlling and oversteps her boundries. Neither she nor Taylor are people I'd choose to be friends with.

I love all the Housewives.
    I think every single City of Housewives are ridiculous but very entertaining.

They are all the same, only the names are different. They all seem to want the world to view them in a certain way but under close scrutiny their "type" is revealed.

I'm stilll confused though on why anyone would want to show the whole world their insecurities and weaknesses. We all have them but why make sure everyone knows it?? Of course, it's entirely possible that they don't realize that we are seeing them for who they really are. Could people really be that delusional? Maybe like the old story of The Emperor has New Clothes???"

In my opinion, Kim outclasses her sister by a mile. She did not want to "go there" and wouldn't. Kyle paid it lip service and then let things slip many times. She wanted it out there to begin with to make herself look better and all it did was backfire.

Who cares if Kim has a problem with alcohol or anything else ... she manages to keep her head and her facts straight while Kyle flies off the handle.

And am I the only one Sick and Tired of seeing and hearing about that dog? I'd rather hear from the husbands or friends from hell as tolerate someone else's pet. I agree with someone who wrote that we could have had a lot more information if they didn't give that dog half the show. Btw, this goes for Every Housewives' pet. I love my cat, but wouldn't foist him on the world every time you turn around.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

What is everyone's thoughts on Faye being a housewife next season? With the new edited dinner party episode, she got her own interviews and quite a bit of airtime compared to the original episode. She cleaned up well and it was if Bravo was testing her to see how she'd work as a housewife. Personally, Id love it if they bumped her up. She seems messy enough to be interesting and provide good drama

Most HW's seem to want to be on the shows for an opportunity to increase their careers and/or bank accounts. Either through fame, notoriety, brand exposure, etc.

The two I can't figure out (from BH, NYC, OC, and NJ) are Adrienne and Lisa from BH.

Adrienne has grown up with more wealth than most of us can even imagine, and she seems to be stable, secure, and not in pursuit of more wealth (good grief).

Lisa, seems stable and secure, but I'm not sure how she acquired her wealth. I know she owns a restaurant, but would promoting that be enough to go on the HouseWives?

I'm just wondering what anyone's thoughts are on why these two chose to open themselves up this way. Also, do you think either or both would come back after going through it once? Lisa seemed to enjoy having an audience for her wit (and I enjoyed being in that audience), but Adrienne seemed a bit uncomfortable in general with the antics.

I'm curious about this! Thanks for your thoughts.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Qbyrd View Post
    What is everyone's thoughts on Faye being a housewife next season? With the new edited dinner party episode, she got her own interviews and quite a bit of airtime compared to the original episode. She cleaned up well and it was if Bravo was testing her to see how she'd work as a housewife. Personally, Id love it if they bumped her up. She seems messy enough to be interesting and provide good drama
    Despite all the drama this season, there was an element of sophistication that ran across all women.

I am not a fan of Faye given her role in the OJ Simpson trial. She was a friend of Nicole's and really did take advantage of her role in that to make money. Even Nicole's family doesn't like her.

Faye doesn't bring anything interesting at all to the table. I think her participation in the show would cheapen it. Plus, I can't see Adrienne and Lisa connecting with cheap people like Faye.

I first tuned in to watch "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" because I was curious as to how they would portray these wealthy BH women and the city in general.
    I was born in and grew up in Beverly Hills, and spent most of my life there (I now live up the coast near San Diego), and I found myself liking the series very much, even though it confirmed my worst suspicions regarding stereotyping.
    However, I can see that all these women are real, genuine people.
    Their ultra-wealthy lifestyle represents only a small percentage of those living in BH. (And though it is not important, most of these ladies actually live in nearby Bel Air.)

There have always been the rich, the upper middle-class, the average middle-class, and poorer people who call Beverly Hills home.
    Now though, it must be harder to obtain a Beverly Hills address, or perhaps even an apartment there, if one doesn't have a rather healthy income.
    Rodeo Drive used to be just an average street in the BH business district with Mom-and-Pop stores and some inexpensive restaurants ("The Swiss Cafe", "the Luau").
    It would be unrecognizable from today's glossy Rodeo Drive and its opulent, expensive stores and tourists.

Lisa is my favorite BH housewife. Yes, she is very down-to-earth. I like her husband, Ken, very much too.
    And their little dog, Gigolo (Giggy, the Gigster).
    Yes, I know that some people don't like little Giggy and think that he is hogging too much of the show.
    I'm a dog lover though and am just crazy about him.
    He hasn't taken over the show, nor will he ever.
    I personally have two dogs, one of them a tiny, adorable, enchanting creature like Giggy.
    I agree with the opinion that Faye Resnick should not be a part of the cast, except perhaps as a friend of a cast member.
    I'd love to see all six ladies return for Season Two!
    Marti

+ Reply to Thread