+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 500 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree3006Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I think this is the best of the series so far.

Ugh. I never thought it could happen...but I dislike these women even more than Atlanta. (except for Kyle)

First of all they are tough to look at directly. (except for Kyle) Their faces and hair are really awful. I've seen Halloween masks that are more attractive. So many wrinkles...huge lips...plastic expressions...and straw hair. Yikes.

Then there are certain camera shots where you can see that they are really very sad women.(except Kyle) At times it looks like they want to just sit and cry. Money really doesn't buy you happiness...look at Lisa and her relationship with....her dog!

And...who does Lisa think she is speaking about Taylors husband like she does? Dear Lord...she is married to a guy who looks like he's been dead for the last 10 years....but has the nerve to wonder why Taylor choose him instead of the other way around?

I was able... due to on demand to watch the first 3 shows in a row...and at times I felt it would never end. I found them to be really superficial and annoying.

I can't bring myself to watch the rest...so will find out what happens here instead. Much easier on my eyes.

I don't think anyone deserves to be treated this way.

Camille Grammer Talks About Divorcing Kelsey Grammer : People.com

I realize Kelsey Grammar has had challenges in his life but he has also had astounding success in his television career. He owns his bad behavior and choices, especially @ age 55.

FORT Newbie

Camille is an idiot. I feel sorry for her a bit but not much.

She is one of those women who has never had anything going for her except her looks. She doesn't strike me as business smart, or even smart in general. She isn't fun, like the kind of woman others want to hang out with. She isn't motherly. She had another woman give birth to both of her children and I've never heard of IBS preventing a woman from conceiving or carrying a pregnancy to term. She has 4 nannies to raise them. She mentions in Vegas that her son has had the stomach flu for the past 2 days, yet there she is doing her stripper dance in Vegas instead of at home with her sick child.

She wasn't insulted when Adrienne's husband shoved a $5 bill between her big fake boobs and she didn't seem to care that her behavior with the men was pissing the ladies off. I don't think she knows how to communicate with anyone any other way.

What Kelsey did absolutely wasn't right, but he does have a long history of moving on to the next younger blonde after awhile. I'm not sure why she's surprised it happened to her too.

I think what I like most about this show is that the women all are genuinely massively wealthy. Most of the other cities just have wannabes. It sounds awful, and I may not like all of the BH wives as people, but if you really are curious to see how the super wealthy really live.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4093318;
    Being a native southern Californian, it is not something that you see a lot but you do see it but mostly on celebs and on TV. These women (OC, BH) have just about everything "done."
    Altho breast implants are quite common. It makes me laugh that now even my husband can correctly identify the fakes because they're everywhere but then everyone in California is waiting to be discovered and become a star. When you see an extremely thin girl with giant boobs that don't move but point to the sky, you can be pretty sure that nature wasn't involved in that creation. I'm little but developed into a D cup in high school and they never, ever pointed to the sky!!!
    I don't know where you live, DragonLady, but I see these types everyday. And, they're not confined to the very rich/hollywood types/wannabees. I see that same face - duck lips/overuse of Botox/fake boo*s/bad nose jobs/heavy lipo, etc. - on a daily basis. Very scary.
    I'm confused by Camille's remark to the men that she had her implants removed. Are we to believe she comes by those huge things that show no movement naturally?
    Taylor seems the saddest of all. That husband is pretty frightening and overly controlling.
    I'm still not sure if I really like Kyle. I don't like how she treats her sister at all.
    I think Lisa is a hoot. I thought her comments about Taylor's husband were funny, but not that mean spirited. I thought she was just genuinely shocked to finally meet him after Taylor's talk about how great he was.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;4093692;
    I don't think anyone deserves to be treated this way.

Camille Grammer Talks About Divorcing Kelsey Grammer : People.com

I realize Kelsey Grammar has had challenges in his life but he has also had astounding success in his television career. He owns his bad behavior and choices, especially @ age 55.

Nah. I don't feel too sorry for her without knowing more details. I'd bet my house she married the guy for the fame and fortune to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4093751;
    Nah. I don't feel too sorry for her without knowing more details. I'd bet my house she married the guy for the fame and fortune to begin with.
    If what she says is true -- that he has never spoken with her directly before or after he took up with another woman and ended their marriage -- then I think she's been treated shabbily. Of course it takes two to make a bad marriage and it's hard to believe she didn't see any of this coming, but I still say that he owed her some basic courtesy. And even if she didn't give birth to those children, has nannies to care for them, is a bad dancer, etc., she is their mother, he is their father and she deserves a modicum of his respect.

Not sure it makes any difference why they got together &/or married. She was young & pretty, he was older & rich. What's new/different/shocking about that? And how does it justify his behavior?
    Last edited by NJ EJ; 10-29-2010 at 03:24 PM.

I think Lisa is a riot! Sure she said some not so nice things about Taylor's husband but I think she basically said everything most of us were thinking.
    I also think it's great that she and her husband have been married for so long. They may not spend alot of time together but sometimes that's what makes the relationship work so well. ( I know it works well for me). They seem to truly care for each other and their cute together.

Taylor's husband comes across as a boring tool. Obviously she married him for money. I don't think I could have gotten past one date with him. To dull and too controlling. I bet if this series continues they are the next to call it splitsville.

As for Camille.... Camille obviously has never had close relationships with females. If she had she would know abought the "Girl Code". You never, ever, ever, flirt with your girlfriends man.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;4089708;
    I wonder if freakish plastic-surgery faces are the new standard of beauty among the rich and vain in California? Kinda of like women with perfectly fine boobs getting implants to get the "fake boob look." What else could explain how they not only accept these grotesque features ... but pay a lot of money to get the same look?

As for Kim, I agree that she's a total head case. Her defensive overreaction to the British husband's teasing makes me think she'd be an exhausting friend. But judging from the argument over the daughter spending the summer in Texas, her sister (Brooke Shields and Demi Moore combined) did subtly provoke her with the comment about sending the niece a private text. The teenager was the only mature one in that squabble.
    You may be on to something. The high society women of Paris back in the late 18th century would pile on loads of white powder on their face, with the idea that a mask of white powder meant not just beauty, but riches as well.

And there is always some trend that rich society women get, not because of their looks per se, but because of the status symbol it presents. And then top that off with today's plastic surgery and you have a bona fide freak show that the high society women of the world think makes them look rich and superior, as well as beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread