+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3012Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

  1. #1071
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4190538;
    ...Did everyone note that there is a new RHWBH Special on Tuesday & it is all the filming done during the imfamous Camille dinner party featuring Allison.
    Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten, it's at 9:00 Eastern, right? Hope the extra footage from the Dinner Party from Hell is worth it!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  2. #1072
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,145

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    It comes on at 10:00, Sugar. Conflicts with my Good Wife. But, I'm going to tape it. Can't wait to see the psychic from he*l once again!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  3. #1073
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4190571;
    That really struck a chord of truth. First time I saw that episode I was floored by Allison's reaction to Kyle I mean, how could she call Kyle a "cold, icy b!tch" anyway? After seeing her in the last episode and at the Reunion shows, I can totally see that in her. Chalk one up for Allison, I guess.
    I refuse to give Allison any credit. Could have simply been all of the whining Camille had done to her girlfriends about that evil Kyle woman.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  4. #1074
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4191637;
    I refuse to give Allison any credit. Could have simply been all of the whining Camille had done to her girlfriends about that evil Kyle woman.
    Oh, I wasn't saying I believe she was picking up some psychic "vibe" or anything like that - maybe yes, but maybe that was just her impression. We didn't see everything (but we will see a lot more Tuesday, I hope!)
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  5. #1075
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,971

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    I will say it a million times over; unless you ae directly involved with a person with addiction issues you have no clue what it is like. It is like walking on egg shells with stillettos. You go out of your way not to set them off because when things get bad they get bad in a hurry & you are the one left trying to get super glue to get all of the pieces of egg back together again. I've said numerous times that my EX is an alcoholic. Married to him I became a bitter, nasty woman. That is because you didn't want the secret to come out & no one ever saw the egg yolk & super glue on my fingers. Yes I snapped out at my husband because I KNEW what I was in for when we got home from a simple dinner at my sister's home. He didn't want to go & the kids & I weren't allowed to go without him. All of a sudden he would do a 180 & we were going to my sister's but the kids weren't dressed & it was all my fault yet he did nothing to help. How can you enjoy yourself when you knew what was going to happen when you got home. It is like walking up to the gallows. yes I snapped, yes I blew up & yes I yelled. You just get tired of taking care, protecting & cleanning up their messes. I don't know how many people have commented on what a different person I now am. It took a very long time & many sessions in therapy to get to this place where I now am at.

  6. #1076
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,204

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    I guess I'm different Snow Bunny. I was with my ex for 5 years. Four were full of his substance abuse craziness. Alcohol and drugs can make things very difficult. I almost forgot who the man really was. It is like walking on egg shells, you know they are going to go off at some point. It doesn't really matter if things go the way they want or not. They will find something to argue about or create a point of contention, such as the room is too warm, you didn't eat enough food, the chair isn't comfortable, you name it. They can make anything or nothing a major event to go on a drunken tyraid.

    Life with them is very regimented, because they have to drink and do their drugs and nothing can interfere. Holidays are dreaded because they will be ruined. Vacations? Forget it, they will be sabotaged and full of tears. Yes, I know what it's like. Valentine's or birthdays? No way. You'll get a scene and broken dishes and furniture. I get it.

    Still, I never yelled or called this man a name in public or private. I calmly made my point and then left when I though he could hurt me. (Yes, I cried in private every weekend for years.) I don't think anyone was more disappointed, hurt or outraged by this man's action's, but I thought then as I do now that yelling and screaming at him in public would accomplish nothing.

    Oh, I finally left too. It was the best thing I could have ever have done. My life became instantly better. I feel for those who live with drunks and addicts. My advice is GET OUT. You cannot change it. Separate yourself from that person unless they seek rehab and then let them prove themself before they are invited back into the relationship. That's what Kyle should have done if her contentions are true about Kim.
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-15-2011 at 01:04 PM.

  7. #1077
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,971

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Deb I did it for 25 years & the man threw me down steps holding my infant. My oldest son was 5 at the time & he said that was the day he learned he could hate his father. To everyone around him, they thought he was a wonderful guy. I wish they could have then explained when my ankle was broke why the first question that was asked if HE did it to me.

    You are right though...he could make anything into an arguement. I absolutely HATED Christmas because he would ruin it for the kids. His birthday was the worst. Vacations had to be planned so that I packed enough booze until the liquor stores opened up on Monday.

  8. #1078
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    181

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    I was at Kelsey's last performance of La Cage Aux Folles on Sunday in NYC. His divorce from Camille was final on Thursday and his eldest daughter got married in NYC on Friday. In the audience were his fiance, his eldest daughter and new son-in-law, his 19 year old daughter (who he said he had recently reconciled with) and his two kids with Camille. He joked that he had had an "interesting" year and that he was very happy and in love. It's interesting to me that his reconciliation with his daughter occured at the same time that he got rid of Camille. He has definitely moved on.
    Trust Me!

  9. #1079
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV;4180288;
    I disagree. If one person is addicted to alcohol, and the others are not, then the drinking is an entirely different thing. Its obvious from the reunion shows that the Richards sisters deliberately chose not to reveal all details of their lives on the show. They pretty much admitted they were hiding things by refusing to discuss Kim's drinking - short of Kyle flying off the handle in the limo. But if the women know all the facts, and we only know the portions they choose to share, then our ability to judge is going to be limited.
    Exactly!!!! If Kim does not have a problem with alcohol, I cannot for the life of me fathom why she, or anyone else in the same circumstances, would not have just answered Andy's direct question in the negative in order to put to bed what would then have been a vicious lie. It's nonsensical, and to me her non-response was as definitive proof of her alcoholism as seeing pictures of her in rehab would be. Am frankly somewhat stunned by the continued denial about this, as well as the attempts to label Kyle as the one with the drinking problem instead.

  10. #1080
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4195201;
    Exactly!!!! If Kim does not have a problem with alcohol, I cannot for the life of me fathom why she, or anyone else in the same circumstances, would not have just answered Andy's direct question in the negative in order to put to bed what would then have been a vicious lie. It's nonsensical, and to me her non-response was as definitive proof of her alcoholism as seeing pictures of her in rehab would be. Am frankly somewhat stunned by the continued denial about this, as well as the attempts to label Kyle as the one with the drinking problem instead.
    It's obvious that Kim has "problems." It could very well be alcohol, altho my bet is drugs/pills (vicodne, oxycontin, etc) most likely mixed with alcohol, which results in that fuzzy, bewildered attitude we see. Maybe she didn't answer the question directly because she's hiding the fact that there's more than alcohol.
    There are a lot of people who have an alcohol problem that doesn't result in someone staggering, speaking garbled speech, unable to stand up, etc. They social drink, have their (publically approved) frequent glasses of wine, always maintaining a slow, steady buzz for a long period of time. Kyle seems to fit that mold and maybe Kim also. Can't tell with the editing that Bravo does.
    I have a dear friend who leads a great life and no one would say she was an alcoholic even though she polishes off a complete bottle of wine each and every night, never missing a night. The rest of her life (daytime) is just fine. Is she an alcoholic?
    I noticed the same behavior with Mary of RHDC. She was never without her glass of wine.
    Kim appears to be generally unhappy in her life and I think that's why she "medicates."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.