+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3011Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I still can't say, based on what I saw, that Kim is an alcoholic or was drunk at that party.
    I saw Kyle say to Lisa, "Kim's acting drunk".
    Sorry, but I am not going to put the label "alcoholic" on anyone based on a comment like that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4182707;
    i totally agree . . . . and as the child of an alcoholic, i knew when my dad was drunk, even when everyone else around thought he wasn't . . . and you're right, you shouldn't compare a non-alcoholic having a drink to an alcoholic doing so. not the same AT ALL!
    I guess what I was trying to say was that when anyone drinks they are liable to say and do things they wouldn't normally do. Their inhibitions are down.
    All I'm comparing is their actions that are the result of drinking. For all we know, things wouldn't have escalated to such a level if no one but Kim was drinking. It would serve Kyle's purpose better if she makes sure everyone thinks Kim is a drunk.

I don't know if Kim is an alcoholic. It's Kyle who says she is. I get the feeling that Kyle could convince everyone, including poor dumb ol' Kim, that's she's an alcoholic.
    Kim will always allow Kyle to get away with just awful things and still love and forgive her. Kyle will always be mean, find fault and withhold love with Kim. I guess this gives her the power she needs.

FORT Fogey

I wonder what Mauricio thinks of Kyle saying what she did on national television? I'm sure her personality the rest of the time didn't come as much of a surprise, but to say what she did at the end (an unprovoked IMO), was really twisted.

He's a very relaxed kind of guy, but he seems kind. As if this might upset and embarrass him. Just wondering ...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4183002;
    I still can't say, based on what I saw, that Kim is an alcoholic or was drunk at that party.
    I saw Kyle say to Lisa, "Kim's acting drunk".
    Sorry, but I am not going to put the label "alcoholic" on anyone based on a comment like that.
    Neither would I. I believe that Kim has a problem with alcohol, but I'm not basing it on how she behaved at the party. I'm basing it on the combination of Kyle calling her out in a moment of rage, and then both sisters dancing around the subject at the reunion. It also helps that in the update at the end of the finale, it was said that Kim's family sent her to rehab. If it were a false accusation that came from rage, I figure Kyle would have said so at the reunion. She didn't. So that, coupled with the fact that many women alcoholics are very very skilled at masking their drinking make me think there is something to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4184132;
    I wonder what Mauricio thinks of Kyle saying what she did on national television? I'm sure her personality the rest of the time didn't come as much of a surprise, but to say what she did at the end (an unprovoked IMO), was really twisted.

He's a very relaxed kind of guy, but he seems kind. As if this might upset and embarrass him. Just wondering ...
    I agree Mauricio does seem very laid back and sweet. His blowing the kiss to Camille was classic. I think he always seemed concerned about Kim and Kyle making up whenever they fought. If you look back at the way Kyle treated Kim it was pretty bad.
    *Berating Kim for not picking a new rental home quickly enough, telling her she was going to end up alone in a big house (nice)
    *Expecting Kim to be over early to help with the birthday party when Kim was moving!! Can you imagine if Kyle was forced to quickly pick a new house or expected to help organize a party the day of her move? No way.
    *Forcing Kim to take a different limo after Camille's party and then refusing to answer her call. Just rude.
    *Never calling her new found friend Taylor on stirring the pot with Camille and reopening the wound in NY, instead putting all the pressure on Kim to stand up for her. (I am not even sure Kim heard the entire conversation and perhaps Kim was not 100% sure Camille was wrong, so rather than lie she covered for her sister by being silent)-that is pure conjecture but you never know............
    *Attacking her sister at Taylor's party w/o cause, asking that Kim not be allowed to leave and engaging in a on camera fight with her when she was the one who earlier stated her sister was drunk

I realize Kyle may have had to put up with a lot over the years, etc. But then why would you have put yourself in this situation? Even though it appears Bravo is on Kyle's "side" Kim still came out looking like the one who was bullied.

If I were Mauricio I would be disappointed in my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;4184302;
    I agree Mauricio does seem very laid back and sweet. His blowing the kiss to Camille was classic. I think he always seemed concerned about Kim and Kyle making up whenever they fought. If you look back at the way Kyle treated Kim it was pretty bad.
    *Berating Kim for not picking a new rental home quickly enough, telling her she was going to end up alone in a big house (nice)
    *Expecting Kim to be over early to help with the birthday party when Kim was moving!! Can you imagine if Kyle was forced to quickly pick a new house or expected to help organize a party the day of her move? No way.
    *Forcing Kim to take a different limo after Camille's party and then refusing to answer her call. Just rude.
    *Never calling her new found friend Taylor on stirring the pot with Camille and reopening the wound in NY, instead putting all the pressure on Kim to stand up for her. (I am not even sure Kim heard the entire conversation and perhaps Kim was not 100% sure Camille was wrong, so rather than lie she covered for her sister by being silent)-that is pure conjecture but you never know............
    *Attacking her sister at Taylor's party w/o cause, asking that Kim not be allowed to leave and engaging in a on camera fight with her when she was the one who earlier stated her sister was drunk

I realize Kyle may have had to put up with a lot over the years, etc. But then why would you have put yourself in this situation? Even though it appears Bravo is on Kyle's "side" Kim still came out looking like the one who was bullied.

If I were Mauricio I would be disappointed in my wife.
    Completely agree with all of your comments here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;4184302;

Absolutely. Remember when asked by Andy C. why Kyle asked her to be on the show, Camille said quite emphatically "She needed a target." (or words to that effect) I believe it was the same motivation for getting Kim involved. I think Kyle used Kim as a springboard for attention and sympathy...but she came out only showing what a bully she is.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4184830;
    Absolutely. Remember when asked by Andy C. why Kyle asked her to be on the show, Camille said quite emphatically "She needed a target." (or words to that effect) I believe it was the same motivation for getting Kim involved. I think Kyle used Kim as a springboard for attention and sympathy...but she came out only showing what a bully she is.
    Ok, people keep saying Kyle forced Kim to be on the show, how do you know this? Is there an interview or something I haven't heard? Do we know if Kyle even invited Kim or did Kim want to be on the show? Did Kyle think it was a good idea does anyone know? and if she did was it because she thought it would help Kim to get out of the house and maybe restart her career? Do you really think she wanted her sister on so she could "expose" her?

Now that we know Kyle and her husband are paying many of Kim's expenses could that be one reason that Kyle was worried about Kim moving because they might end up paying rent on more than one place? Kim is a grown woman who needs to stop blaming and relying on everyone else. Neither sister seems to be very supportive of the other when they should be, although it does appear Kyle has been taking responsibility for Kim a lot over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV;4184165;
    Neither would I. I believe that Kim has a problem with alcohol, but I'm not basing it on how she behaved at the party. I'm basing it on the combination of Kyle calling her out in a moment of rage, and then both sisters dancing around the subject at the reunion. It also helps that in the update at the end of the finale, it was said that Kim's family sent her to rehab. If it were a false accusation that came from rage, I figure Kyle would have said so at the reunion. She didn't. So that, coupled with the fact that many women alcoholics are very very skilled at masking their drinking make me think there is something to the story.
    As someone who has dealt with alcoholics I believe Kim is one, maybe with pills mixed in. I don't know it for a fact, but everything adds up. As soon as Kyle said it in that moment after Kim yelled at her about "stealing her house" it clicked in to place because of Kim and Kyle's relationship. It's classic alcoholic and caretaker.

+ Reply to Thread