+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2998Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4181978;
    What does Cedric think he has to offer in a tell all book?? And who cares, unless they're smuggling or doing something illegal.

I would have loved to see Alison attempt to explain things, with or without her fake cig.

Oh No - she would just have to have that ciggy with her -

Kyle apologized to Cami, but never to Kim.
    Kim did apologize to Kyle.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4182171;
    watching the Reunion #1 for the umpteenth time...funny, every time I notice something new.

Commenting on Adrienne and Paul: Their bickering (as I said in a post earlier) is almost just like my husband of almost 20 years. And if he ever stops picking and bickering with me, I'd be concerned he's having an affair.

I just noticed she said she grew up in a house of brothers, and so did I - a MUCH older sister, but I was the baby of a lot of brothers. I was a tomboy, learned to relate to boys, played touch football with them and the neighorhood guys, and boys all through school were my best friends over girls.

Makes me see my picking/bickering with my husband is showing him love and respect - like how guys punch each on the shoulder (of course, we don't do THAT ) But it makes even more sense to me now. Tomboy girls living with brothers perhaps breeds that behavior. Better than being raised by wolves, I suppose.
    I agree with your thoughts here about Adrienne and Paul. My first instinct was to think Adrienne was just horrible to her husband but after awhile, you can see he's not bothered by it....at all. Nor does he act like a hen-pecked husband (do they still say hen-pecked??)
    I think it's just their way. He had his moments too, especially when it comes to times where they are eating, like when he kept trying to get her to eat something at a restaurant, and then again, at a party.
    Of course, maybe it's just because he'd like to think she was eating something! She doesn't look like she eats much....if ever. Actually, none of them look like they eat.

I think that Adrienne and Paul are cute but the emphasis on the bickering did get old. However I think that was only real "theme" the producers could come up with. They seem like a normal (although very successful wealthy) couple and there was not enough drama there to make it interesting.
    Kyle should have apologized to Kim but clearly she still thinks it is Kim who is at fault. It pained me to watch Kim hug her and Kyle to barely hug back. Just the fact Kyle snuggled with Taylor after Taylor made that comment about Kim showed that Kyle does NOT have her sister's back. I am sure they will work it out because Kim is caring enough to make it happen.

If they do all come back will be interesting to see how Kyle and Taylor try to redeem themselves next season. I don't think Taylor can "rehab" her personality enough to make much difference. Kyle seriously needs some anger management/counseling. I think if Camille keeps making fun of herself she could be kind of fun to watch. (as when she said her Jesus comment was just stupid, or whatever she said) that cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;4182366;
    I think that Adrienne and Paul are cute but the emphasis on the bickering did get old. However I think that was only real "theme" the producers could come up with. They seem like a normal (although very successful wealthy) couple and there was not enough drama there to make it interesting.
    I agree, not much drama between them, but that's a refreshing balance in HouseWife Land! I hope they come back for another season, at least to give us viewers a time to relax and smile during the chaos

Kyle should have apologized to Kim but clearly she still thinks it is Kim who is at fault. It pained me to watch Kim hug her and Kyle to barely hug back. Just the fact Kyle snuggled with Taylor after Taylor made that comment about Kim showed that Kyle does NOT have her sister's back. I am sure they will work it out because Kim is caring enough to make it happen.
    That ticked me off. Kyle made a huge deal about things at the "birthday party" and accused Kim of starting it when she clearly didn't (Taylor started the fire while Kyle poured on the gasoline). Kyle bullied Kim, who was trying to stay away from her in the limo...all on camera. Kyle should have pubically apologized to Kim, and the fact that she didn't just shows me what a spoiled brat she is, in my opinion.

If they do all come back will be interesting to see how Kyle and Taylor try to redeem themselves next season. I don't think Taylor can "rehab" her personality enough to make much difference. Kyle seriously needs some anger management/counseling. I think if Camille keeps making fun of herself she could be kind of fun to watch. (as when she said her Jesus comment was just stupid, or whatever she said) that cracked me up.
    I also agree, Kyle needs to lay off Kim's issues and focus on her own. What was it she told Camille? If you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw boulders?

Camille came across far more genuine than Kyle, and I actually liked what I saw. And, yes, her admitting her comment was just stupid made her come across as a little bit human.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Totally agree with your comments SugarMama. I hope Adrienne is back as she was refreshing, but I honestly don't know why she would. She doesn't seem to be a fame hound and she doesn't need the money. It seemed to pain her to be a part of the messy stuff. Thank goodness she was there for Kim that night. When I saw Kyle calling to have Kim kept there it really ticked me off. (I have to wonder if that wasn't producer driven???) I mean the whole driving around, coming back, driving around was so weird. Bravo certainly asked for this confrontation. If Kim had just simply left their whole season end fireworks would have been much less. To me Kyle is the one who "organized" this show. She even said she called Camille to be on the show. She dragged Kim into it allegedly knowing she was an unbalanced alcoholic? Nice sister. I think Kyle has major issues with her sister and not all having to do with "taking care" of her.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I like Adrienne and have a lot of respect for her. She seems to be a hard worker, very level headed, and not 'star-struck' by all of her family money. And she seems to be a good friend and a kind person -- one who is very supportive of her friends and one who tries to be a peacemaker --that is, to everyone EXCEPT Paul. There has been a ton of viewers' criticism directed toward Adrienne, not toward Paul. Adrienne responds that it is "just their way," but the snarking at each other is NOT mutual. Adrienne is the one who snarks at Paul. . . constantly. And I think he DOES look hurt, and that it DOES bother him. I don't think Adrienne respects Paul at all. And from what is shown to the public, nothing he does is okay with her. She acts like she can barely tolerate him. She looks at him and rolls her eyes and shakes her head and makes snide comments --- it is really sad. Paul on the other hand doesn't do all that. He seems to be genuinely interested in her and fond of her, and the only times I remember him being even somewhat critical of her were the occasions where she refused to eat, or when she was shopping and he commented on the clothes or that she was spending too much money. But he didn't make snide comments about her the way she did about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4182423;
    I like Adrienne and have a lot of respect for her. She seems to be a hard worker, very level headed, and not 'star-struck' by all of her family money. And she seems to be a good friend and a kind person -- one who is very supportive of her friends and one who tries to be a peacemaker --that is, to everyone EXCEPT Paul. There has been a ton of viewers' criticism directed toward Adrienne, not toward Paul. Adrienne responds that it is "just their way," but the snarking at each other is NOT mutual. Adrienne is the one who snarks at Paul. . . constantly. And I think he DOES look hurt, and that it DOES bother him. I don't think Adrienne respects Paul at all. And from what is shown to the public, nothing he does is okay with her. She acts like she can barely tolerate him. She looks at him and rolls her eyes and shakes her head and makes snide comments --- it is really sad. Paul on the other hand doesn't do all that. He seems to be genuinely interested in her and fond of her, and the only times I remember him being even somewhat critical of her were the occasions where she refused to eat, or when she was shopping and he commented on the clothes or that she was spending too much money. But he didn't make snide comments about her the way she did about him.

I agree with you but I wonder if they highlighted the bickering and left out the non bickering just to give them a "storyline?"

I wonder if watching the show made Adrienne realize how much she picks on him.

i totally agree . . . . and as the child of an alcoholic, i knew when my dad was drunk, even when everyone else around thought he wasn't . . . and you're right, you shouldn't compare a non-alcoholic having a drink to an alcoholic doing so. not the same AT ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV;4180288;
    I disagree. If one person is addicted to alcohol, and the others are not, then the drinking is an entirely different thing. Its obvious from the reunion shows that the Richards sisters deliberately chose not to reveal all details of their lives on the show. They pretty much admitted they were hiding things by refusing to discuss Kim's drinking - short of Kyle flying off the handle in the limo. But if the women know all the facts, and we only know the portions they choose to share, then our ability to judge is going to be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4182707;
    i totally agree . . . . and as the child of an alcoholic, i knew when my dad was drunk, even when everyone else around thought he wasn't . . . and you're right, you shouldn't compare a non-alcoholic having a drink to an alcoholic doing so. not the same AT ALL!
    I know exactly what you mean, but I do think things might not have gone over the edge that last night if the others hadn't been drinking.

+ Reply to Thread