+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3011Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady;4181313;
    I respect your feelings but I still stand by what I said. I've never been much of a drinker, not because I'm so very holy or righteous but only because it doesn't make me feel very good, like it does most people.
    Because I'm sober at most get togethers, I'm left to observe the behavior of others, including those with an alcohol problem (and there's plenty of them.)

It's probably a good thing that most people don't remember how they acted or what they said while under the influence because they bear little resemblence to who they normally are.

People have poor judgement when drinking: saying, doing things they normally wouldn't. The only difference between a person who's an alcoholic and one who's just drunk too much is minimal. If anything, the alcoholic has a higher tolerance and doesn't show the effects as quickly and is more practiced at putting on a front.
    Alcohol makes people have fun but it also makes people act really stupid so I continue to believe things may have played out differently if no one was drinking. I would think Kim's inebriation would have been far more obvious if the others were sober and they probably wouldn't have so agressively confronted her.
    I used to drink a whole lot...and I can tell you from experience....I did ALOT of things and said ALOT of things that I would NEVER have done if not under the influence. I am still ashamed of so many of those times. And I was not an alcoholic...just liked to drink and party. But from my experience with myself and others, when you drink...you totally loose your inhibitions and can act quite out of your normal character. And if someone has unresolved hurts and issues from their past or childhood, well then...nothing good can come out of mixing alcohol with unresolved hurt, bitterness, anger, etc. People say and do things while under the influence that pull from those dark, hidden areas of their wounded soul. I rarely ever drink now and the last time I did, I hated the feeling I got from the alcohol and didn't even finish the drink...I threw it out. I am so grateful that I felt that way and didn't like it anymore!

FORT Fogey

Found this defination at The Definition of Alcoholism, August 26, 1992, Morse and Flavin 268 (8): 1012 ? JAMA

"Therefore, the committee agreed to define alcoholism as a primary, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. The disease is often progressive and fatal. It is characterized by impaired control over drinking, preoccupation with the drug alcohol, use of alcohol despite adverse consequences, and distortions in thinking, most notably denial. Each of these symptoms may be continuous or periodic. "

That's a pretty big umbrella. I think I could have been classified as an alcoholic at several points in my life. Maybe I am even though those points have been few and far between???

I would guess I'm not alone and that it is a fine line for lots of people.

Joining in late here but just watched reunions yesterday. My take on these ladies:
    Camille seems like she has a nice person some where in side trying to get out but is so insecure she acts like an arrogant self absorbed wench too much. She might actually be able to become a real and likable person if she got over her insecurity and obsession with her looks/money, etc.
    Adrienne seems nice enough, I do think she could try to be more positive towards her husband, he seems like a good guy, she could also go easy on the makeup, can't really tell what she really looks like.
    Lisa is so entertaining, she ought to stand up She is fiercly loyal which is why she ended up with the Cedric issue and showed a not so great side with regards to the Kim/Taylor/Kyle thing at the reunion. I like her though and think she will see what Kyle and Taylor are really about.
    Taylor is really just one big mess. She is possibly one of the scariest looking woman ever and her ridiculous spending when her husband is clearly struggling to keep up the facade of wealth by working like crazy, UGH. Her daughter was not the focus of her over the top party. She lied, manipulated and insinuated herself into spotlight as much as she could. Attacking Kim was a way to keep in the mix as much as she could. She picked on the perceived weak one for her on gain, really icky person.
    Kyle definitely has major issues. She has a lovely life yet feels compelled to constantly pick on her sister and demean her and gossip about her. Her schoolgirl snuggle with Taylor was just so stupid and well as calling her BEST friend Lisa, JELLY????? That was so dumb. I don't think Lisa was in the least jealous she was disgusted. I think Kyle has major issues inlcuding anger management and perhaps alcohol as well. I saw her appear more drunk than Kim much of the time. She was over the top with Camille and even if she did not say those words that so upset Camille but I suspect she implied something along those lines.
    Kim seems the most normal. She may be an alcoholic but she seemed the most connected to her kids, w/o trying to be supermom like Kyle. She seems genuinely to want to find love despite her difficult and even tragic past love life. She doesn't seem caught up with plastic surgery or material things. I thought her being upset at the reunion was about her love for her sister. Kyle's was about the show making her look bad. Kyle barely hugged her sister back. It was horrible.

My hope for their real lives is that they all find happiness, but doubt it will happen for Kyle or Taylor, too wrapped up in BH lifestyle with no real values.

Well said, I agree with all of your points

[QUOTE=bizbachfan;4181412;]Joining in late here but just watched reunions yesterday. My take on these ladies:
    Camille seems like she has a nice person some where in side trying to get out but is so insecure she acts like an arrogant self absorbed wench too much. She might actually be able to become a real and likable person if she got over her insecurity and obsession with her looks/money, etc.
    Adrienne seems nice enough, I do think she could try to be more positive towards her husband, he seems like a good guy, she could also go easy on the makeup, can't really tell what she really looks like.
    Lisa is so entertaining, she ought to stand up She is fiercly loyal which is why she ended up with the Cedric issue and showed a not so great side with regards to the Kim/Taylor/Kyle thing at the reunion. I like her though and think she will see what Kyle and Taylor are really about.
    Taylor is really just one big mess. She is possibly one of the scariest looking woman ever and her ridiculous spending when her husband is clearly struggling to keep up the facade of wealth by working like crazy, UGH. Her daughter was not the focus of her over the top party. She lied, manipulated and insinuated herself into spotlight as much as she could. Attacking Kim was a way to keep in the mix as much as she could. She picked on the perceived weak one for her on gain, really icky person.
    Kyle definitely has major issues. She has a lovely life yet feels compelled to constantly pick on her sister and demean her and gossip about her. Her schoolgirl snuggle with Taylor was just so stupid and well as calling her BEST friend Lisa, JELLY????? That was so dumb. I don't think Lisa was in the least jealous she was disgusted. I think Kyle has major issues inlcuding anger management and perhaps alcohol as well. I saw her appear more drunk than Kim much of the time. She was over the top with Camille and even if she did not say those words that so upset Camille but I suspect she implied something along those lines.
    Kim seems the most normal. She may be an alcoholic but she seemed the most connected to her kids, w/o trying to be supermom like Kyle. She seems genuinely to want to find love despite her difficult and even tragic past love life. She doesn't seem caught up with plastic surgery or material things. I thought her being upset at the reunion was about her love for her sister. Kyle's was about the show making her look bad. Kyle barely hugged her sister back. It was horrible. ...QUOTE]
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I finally watched all of the reunion part 2. It was a snorefest......I wish all that with Cedric and the husbands had been taken out and that a drunk Allison showed up to give everyone a reading!

What does Cedric think he has to offer in a tell all book?? And who cares, unless they're smuggling or doing something illegal.

I would have loved to see Alison attempt to explain things, with or without her fake cig.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

what's Cedric going to tell? He was forced to dress like a flapper and sleep in his own wing of their house? He was acting all serious and wounded on the reunion and I was thinking , "please, like he was a victim here!". Poor Cedric he has to go and earn a living now and pay for his own bad acting lessons at 38; I feel so sorry for him! He reminds me of a gay , white Sheree (with the bad acting). Maybe they will both win oscars. I would have rather seen Martin on the reunion than Cedric.
    Last edited by mina; 02-06-2011 at 07:16 PM.

watching the Reunion #1 for the umpteenth time...funny, every time I notice something new.

Commenting on Adrienne and Paul: Their bickering (as I said in a post earlier) is almost just like my husband of almost 20 years. And if he ever stops picking and bickering with me, I'd be concerned he's having an affair.

I just noticed she said she grew up in a house of brothers, and so did I - a MUCH older sister, but I was the baby of a lot of brothers. I was a tomboy, learned to relate to boys, played touch football with them and the neighorhood guys, and boys all through school were my best friends over girls.

Makes me see my picking/bickering with my husband is showing him love and respect - like how guys punch each on the shoulder (of course, we don't do THAT ) But it makes even more sense to me now. Tomboy girls living with brothers perhaps breeds that behavior. Better than being raised by wolves, I suppose.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Watching the limo fight with Kyle and Kim....

Kyle acted like the out-of-control drunk that night from the footage we saw (she wasn't, obviously, but she was the one acting like it, not Kim). Wow. Kim didn't seem out of control at all (again, from what we saw).

Kyle should've apologized during the Reunion to Kim, just my opinion. All Kyle attacking Kim, all started by Taylor at the party, where Kim went to just look pretty and have a good time (again, from what we saw)
    Last edited by SugarMama; 02-06-2011 at 09:42 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4182203;
    Watching the limo fight with Kyle and Kim....

Kyle acted like the out-of-control drunk that night from the footage we saw (she wasn't, obviously, but she was the one acting like it, not Kim). Wow. Kim didn't seem out of control at all (again, from what we saw).

Kyle should've apologized during the Reunion to Kim, just my opinion. All Kyle attacking Kim, all started by Taylor at the party, where Kim went to just look pretty and have a good time (again, from what we saw)
    I don't want to sit through it again to know for sure, but did Kyle ever apologize to Kim for that night - or how she talked to her the entire season?

+ Reply to Thread