+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 687 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110510 ... LastLast
Like Tree5955Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Thanks, Candor.
    I missed that.
    Did see her years ago, though, and she had that same face then.
    She's also both Bruce Jenner's and David Foster's ex.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by candor;4089708;
    I wonder if freakish plastic-surgery faces are the new standard of beauty among the rich and vain in California? Kinda of like women with perfectly fine boobs getting implants to get the "fake boob look." What else could explain how they not only accept these grotesque features ... but pay a lot of money to get the same look?
    I read an article recently (I can't post a link to it--I'm too new, but it's on io9.com) about a VERY realistic-looking robot. I watched the video and thought, "Wow, that looks really good. Her expressions are so life-like."

And then you see real women who have had so much plastic surgery they don't look or move very much like a person anymore--it's just so ironic that humanity is trying to make robots look human and humans look inhuman!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4090735;
    Kelsey has had one of the most tragic lives in Hollywood. Amazing how he got through it all. "In 1968, when Grammer was 13 years old, his father, whom he had seen only twice since his parents' divorce, was shot and killed on the front lawn of his home in the U.S. Virgin Islands. In 1975, his younger sister, Karen, was raped and murdered after being abducted outside a Red Lobster restaurant in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where her boyfriend worked. In 1980, his fraternal twin half-brothers were killed in a scuba diving accident. Grammer has sworn to prevent his sister's murderer, Freddie Lee Glenn, from being paroled; in July 2009, Glenn was denied parole at least in part due to a letter Grammer submitted to the parole board."

"Born on St. Thomas, one of the U.S. Virgin Islands. Following the shooting death of his father when he was a boy, he was raised in New Jersey and then Florida, by his mother and grandfather. His grandfather died before Grammer became a teen. When he was 20, his sister was abducted and violently murdered. Five years later, he lost two half brothers in a diving accident. As a young man, Grammer found comfort in Shakespeare; with his acting debut in a high school production of +The Little Foxes came an interest in pursuing drama as a career."
    Yep. I cut Kelsey Grammar a ton of slack given his horrific life. It's amazing how can keep going under the weight of all this tragedy.

Makes sense about Kelsey Grammer's family misfortunes making him a little tricky in terms of having normal relationships; very sad what he's been through. Not good husband material, not good fatherhood material, but in the mini-moment he aired, it looked like he loves his kids.

Another thought- I suppose he has the best contract of anyone who's ever been on RH shows, probably makes quadruple - or more - what anyone else has been paid, and for mini face time. Probably his contract also specifies that nothing derogatory or denigrating about him can be aired, so we won't see Camille dishing on him. Camille seems a tad messed up, an object of pity at this point.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~
    But I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here.

I wonder if freakish plastic-surgery faces are the new standard of beauty among the rich and vain in California?
    As a Californian, it is only a small select few that are doing all this freakish plastic surgery and unfortunately for us regular CA folks, the freakish are all on TV giving the rest of us a bad wrap. OC Housewives and now the BH Housewives ... to just name a few shows.
    KAREN

I wonder if freakish plastic-surgery faces are the new standard of beauty among the rich and vain in California?
    Being a native southern Californian, it is not something that you see a lot but you do see it but mostly on celebs and on TV. These women (OC, BH) have just about everything "done."
    Altho breast implants are quite common. It makes me laugh that now even my husband can correctly identify the fakes because they're everywhere but then everyone in California is waiting to be discovered and become a star. When you see an extremely thin girl with giant boobs that don't move but point to the sky, you can be pretty sure that nature wasn't involved in that creation. I'm little but developed into a D cup in high school and they never, ever pointed to the sky!!!

FORT Fanatic

Camille Grammar's behavior in Las Vegas was creepy. So a man shows up who is 'a friend' and the yact like that when she is supposed to be married to someone else? I realize all this may be manufactured, but why would a woman who loves her husband even think about acting like that in public?

Okay I did click back & forth between this show & Project Runway so I don't know 100% what went on but from the small bits I saw, that the heck is it with Camille Grammer??? Man this is a woman who is in desparate need of the spotlight. Must rot for you to have your only claim to fame being a wife of a famous actor who dumped her for a younger woman.
    He quote about her reasoning for going to Vegas, "I am always doing for other people so it is time I did something for myself". Is this not the same woman who had another women carry & give birth to her 2 children, has 4 full time nannies, a cook, housekeepers & household manager? She also claims to be a writer but has someone else write for her. Yep you sure do alot Camille.
    While I do actually find the other women likeable, not so much with Camille. She is the one I mute.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4093512;
    Camille Grammar's behavior in Las Vegas was creepy. So a man shows up who is 'a friend' and the yact like that when she is supposed to be married to someone else? I realize all this may be manufactured, but why would a woman who loves her husband even think about acting like that in public?
    Camille comes off as a woman at a crossroads - a middle-aged housewife without much love or physical attention in her marriage and no real career of her own.

She uses sex appeal to get the attention and affirmation she is looking for, but she does come off as creepy and desperate.

I feel for her - but only to a degree.

###

One thing about plastic surgery that I don't get....if all of us are saying how ugly it makes these women, I can only think that their husbands think the same thing. In the end, wouldn't it have the opposite effect, i.e. acting as more of a repellent than something to help their husbands remain attracted to them?

The lips on the tall blond (can't recall her name) are completely distracting. They are worth another few hours under a correcting knife.

So far, I'm really enjoying this show.

I am enjoying this show as well BUT the arguing and fighting and nonsense between Kim and Kyle HAS TO STOP. Come on, they are adults AND sisters ... it is every single episode. Grow up.

I really like Lisa ... those chocolate Louboutin's were AMAZING! She said she had just met with Christian ... I would LOVE a pair (of real ones, not chocolate ones) !!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread