+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 116 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Anyone see Gina and her two bratty kids on last night. The kids have really grown up and changed. Still, that Shane got loads of feedback last night on the horrific way he treated his mom in days gone by. He blew it off, said he was stupid then, he's changed....blah, blah, blah,......I didn't buy it. He's a model and actor now. He is hot. The daugther looked great too. And Gina looked great. She's lost weight or something. She may return to Housewives of Orange County.
    Yes. They are older, still full of themselves- though the daughter does have a sense of humor, nice to see. The Shane child was a little pr*ck then, and it's hard to see him as anything else now; too much hubris coming out of his mouth. Jeana looks thinner, she's a pretty woman; and the daughter is pretty too.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

OMG! Did you see Cher on Andy's last night? I must say that Andy brought back all my old admiration for Cher. He reminded me of how much I enjoyed her as a kid. Anyone recall the Sonny and Cher show? And then Cher Show? Cher was such a natural beauty then. I don't think she had any surgery then. She would wear these low cut halter dresses and her skin was just glowing. Her long hair was so beautiful. I thought she was just the greatest thing. She sang good too. Plus she was funny!

She was funny last night too! She said some interesting things. I was floored by what she said about Tom Cruise and Michael Jackson. I'd like to discuss if anyone else saw it.

If you'd like to catch it, I think it's available on the Bravo website.

I went and watched it because as as big MJ fan, I didnt know of any connections between him and Cher (tho i must say fan= love his music, no so much that I know TONS about him) How does she "know too much"? Interesting. I also had no idea she had dated Tom for a time (thought it was funny she stressed it was pre-scientology!)
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I watched it, and it was fascinating. Cher is an interesting woman, but a little strange. My feeling was that she was either drinking a bit too much or perhaps she was on something, or she's not terribly quick witted. She just seemed so slow to 'get' what was going on. . . and then she was a bit confused by it all.

And of course, she's very used to being fawned over by pretty much everyone.

Her comments about Tom Cruise were interesting, especially her saying that their relationship, although very short, was hot and heavy -- and then she added "But that was BEFORE he became a Scientologist!" And her comment about Michael Jackson was CHILLING!!!!! When Andy asked her about him, she said she had TMI. She didn't say anything for a few moments and then commented that she KNEW TOO MUCH! And she declined to say anything else. Wow!

PS When Andy asked her what she thought her best movie role was, she answered "Moonstruck" --- which kind of surprised me, because she was FABULOUS in "Mask" and "Silkwood" and a movie that probably very few people saw, "Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean.'

FORT Fogey

I like Cher but I don't know that I've seen her in interviews, so this was really fun to watch. I thought she was great! She seemed honest and fun.

And, for her to share that she likes Nic Cage despite the fact that he is a little crazy (or maybe because of this) and to talk about how great Tom Cruise was (prior to Scientology), tells me she has an open mind and an open heart - which I adore.

That went miles for me. I also recall her being very gracious about Sonny. I do believe they were genuinely in love - at least for awhile - and that both had tremendous respect for each another.

Again, very admirable.

Reg. the Sonny and Cher Show and the Cher Show, I recall seeing both, but I was pretty young (the show from that era that sticks in my mind is the Carol Burnett show...Harvey Korman and Tim Conway were the funniest people on TV - and the precursors of SNL - which only rarely achieves the same comedic level).

My two most favorite S&C songs that are still great today are Gypisies and I Got You Babe. I Got You Babe is timeless perfection.

My favorite Cher moment (beyond Moonstruck which is one of my favorite films) was her guest spot on Will and Grace. When she met Jack in the restaurant??? OMG. So funny!! The whole build up and then the final moment when they meet was a great homage to Cher but in a hugely successful comedic backdrop. Difficult to achieve, but they managed to do it.

P.S.
    I am a HUGE Tom Cruise and Nicolas Cage fan - as actors - and possibly as people (I say possibly because I don't know them, of course). I think both are underrated as actors because their odd personal lives overshadow their professional recognition. And, despite having perhaps gone off the deep end, I respect both for following their hearts and minds in the public eye without apology. No matter how bizarre.

That Cher can find the goodness in them speaks volumes.

Reg. Michael Jackson...The Jackson 5 had a some good numbers and the Thriller song and video were great. That's where it ends for me with this family - incl. Michael Jackson. I can't help but think that their influence opened the door in a big, big way for other African Americans to be successful in Hollywood. There were others, but Michael Jackson, on the heels of the Jackson 5, paved the way. That whole family is a tragedy, though, and it's hard to enjoy all this given all the fighting and pain going on in that clan.
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-30-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Good points Jexter. I agree with most all you said.

I am not a huge Tom Cruise fan, however, I happen to think he is very underrated as an actor. I have seen him in many movies and have always been so impressed. I think he is very gifted. I have never been very attracted to him, though, I think he's attractive. Does that make any sense? I think Tom is multi talented. Here's a video that cracks me up. See some of Tom's sexy moves! lol That's Tom dancing.......please ignore Jennifer Lopez. I'm sorry she was in this clip, but.......it's good, IMO.

jennifer lopez and tom cruise mtv awards 2010 - YouTube

The same goes for Nick Cage. I fell in love with a movie he was in that my friends said I was insane to love. He played an abulance driver who was losing his mind or being chased by death. I can't recall the name, but I thought he was great in that movie.

I wish I knew what Cher meant when referring to MJ. I don't think she's a b.S.er so whatever she knew, I think she got first hand. What got me was that sound she made when asked about MJ. Something like ewhhhhhhh.....

I dont' know if Cher still smokes pot anymore, but it would not surprise me. Her eyes seemed okay though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good points Jexter. I agree with most all you said.

I am not a huge Tom Cruise fan, however, I happen to think he is very underrated as an actor. I have seen him in many movies and have always been so impressed. I think he is very gifted. I have never been very attracted to him, though, I think he's attractive. Does that make any sense? I think Tom is multi talented. Here's a video that cracks me up. See some of Tom's sexy moves! lol That's Tom dancing.......please ignore Jennifer Lopez. I'm sorry she was in this clip, but.......it's good, IMO.

jennifer lopez and tom cruise mtv awards 2010 - YouTube

The same goes for Nick Cage. I fell in love with a movie he was in that my friends said I was insane to love. He played an abulance driver who was losing his mind or being chased by death. I can't recall the name, but I thought he was great in that movie.

I wish I knew what Cher meant when referring to MJ. I don't think she's a b.S.er so whatever she knew, I think she got first hand. What got me was that sound she made when asked about MJ. Something like ewhhhhhhh.....

I dont' know if Cher still smokes pot anymore, but it would not surprise me. Her eyes seemed okay though.

I saw that movie with Nicholas Cage years ago and I loved it too! That's when I started to like him as an actor. I don't really care if he's weird or not, I think he's a really talented actor.
    Jexter likes this.

Debb70, I do know what you mean about Tom Cruise- I think he's a gifted actor, and decent looking too. But I dislike the person; well, not as bad as I despise Mel Gibson, but along those lines, what with his Scientology and general hubris. As an actor, Cruise is a great chameleon- bad guy, ugly guy, good guy, crazy guy, funny guy; he's talented.

Cher has such a long history - I'd love to hear her dish about lots of people she's known along the way!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Didn't Cher win her Oscar for Moonstruck or was that Silkwood?..................... ....................

Yes, Cher won her Oscar for Moonstruck in 1988!!!!!!! I can hardly believe it's been that long ago.

She should have won for Mask. She was amazing in that movie. I can understand why she's popular -- she's always been an original -- but I don't understand Andy Cohen's absolute worship of her. It wasn't so much an interview as a reception with the queen.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread