+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 117 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Having Jill back on the show would be like taking a huge step backward for RHNY. I can't see how it would do anything except be a drag tp the momentum. Unless there's a reason to think she has sparks with several of the new women, what would be the excitement with that?

For one thing, it's an admission that they don't have confidence that they can find new, interesting people-- which I can't believe--.

Plus I would expect on NY and BH especially they want to go further upscale, in money, talent, influence, and looks-- none of which Jill does. She's more in the older mode, of housewife with connections, rather than shaker and mover on her own-- or someone doing a star turn. Plus she's actually not terrible bright-- which I noticed toward the end of her last run. The only reason I can think of, if she is so willing to collaborate with them in moving the show in certain directions is that they would have a conduit for any plot they wanted to engineer.

But don't the women all try to do this anyway? to a degree?

I wonder if the new women this year have been more resistant to signals from the producers. I can imagine all of them telling the producers where to get off-- Aviva is incredibly self-righteous, Heather is very independent, and Carole has a healthy skepticism about the reality tv--. All of them are much less desperate to be on the show than is usual-- so maybe the producers think back to good old days when people were compliant.
    Debb70 likes this.

Is it that difficult in the city of New York, to find some women who are similar to Bethenny? Which IMO, would be somebody who is REAL? I know a lot of this "reality" stuff is scripted but it does appear that some of these women are able to be less fake than Bravo wants them to be.
    I think that Carolyn Manzo (sp?) of the RHONJ seems to be real. But the Miami women, the NY women and even the BH/OC women are beginning to seem like they are following a planned script compliments of Bravo. Sorry Bravo, but I want REALITY not phony BS.
    And one more thing: am I imagining things or is Taylor Armstrong back on the RHOBH again? If so, I might have to ask Andy Cohen to pay the bill for my anti depressants.
    candor and Imperfect1 like this.

To me, it seems like this kind of reality tv that we see w/the housewives, Toddlers/Tiaras, etc etc all seem to encourage plain ol' "Meanness" to the extreme.
    And I think Bravo and Andy enjoy it and promote it.
    The meaner, the better.....they want fights, jealousy and picking on others, especially if they are a little "odd."
    Then all I hear is these same people saying how horrible it is that bullying exists.......and yet, they all do it whenever they get the chance. JMHO

FORT Fogey

Another reason why I don't think they would ever have Jill come back is that she is too caught up in all the celebrity of being a housewife. At some point, every woman on the show goes from being an ordinary woman that was cast on a TV show to a reality star. Some do a better job of masking that from what they do on the show than others. With Jill, I think she's so obsessed with being a star (in her mind) that she could no longer be an ordinary woman on a show. I think that's part of the reason they moved Bethenny to her own show. She had become a star, but still had an interesting story to tell. Being on her own show, they had an easier time showing both.
    candor likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    To me, it seems like this kind of reality tv that we see w/the housewives, Toddlers/Tiaras, etc etc all seem to encourage plain ol' "Meanness" to the extreme.
    And I think Bravo and Andy enjoy it and promote it.
    The meaner, the better.....they want fights, jealousy and picking on others, especially if they are a little "odd."
    Then all I hear is these same people saying how horrible it is that bullying exists.......and yet, they all do it whenever they get the chance. JMHO
    To me, what's even sadder, is that I can't even count the number of times that I have heard or read (even here on FORT) that people are bored by the episodes that don't have fights, major drama, or some kind of negativity in them. This is what the majority of VIEWERS seem to be watching for and asking for --- More blood! More fresh meat! More! More! More!!! I TRULY do not think this originates from the networks. I think it originates from the voices of the viewers! And the networks are responding. And yes, DragonLady, the networks are promoting it and encouraging it --- but the viewers who keep calling for more (and harsher) negativity, have to take responsibility for their "throwing the Christians to the lions" mentality.
    cavendish likes this.

I guess how much a taste for blood a viewer has is a matter of opinion. I like to think that I can enjoy the drama of a real life situation without the staged crazy rants, attacks and backstabbing, but I may not be the average viewer. I have never followed the HW's of NJ, but they seem to be the most theratrical. I think that is the main reason I don't care to watch them. IMO all the yelling, insults, etc. turns to noise that I just find boring at some point.

If you were to ask me if I would like to see the new girls back next season, I would say........it doesn't matter. I can take them or leave them. I do still like the old ones though.

I have no doubt in my mind Bravo would invite Jill back. Jill is a walking train wreck and Bravo loves that it means viewers. People watch the reunions just for the blood baths they become. Miami is boring because the women are dull even their fights are boring.

I believe if they thought viewers would watch Jill she would be on next season. There is already rumors of Danielle returning.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I guess I am in the minority here but I really don't want to see catfights on TV.

Maybe it is just me but I am in my 50's & can never recall getting into any fight with any of my girlfriends let alone try & exploit it for personal gains.

I am sure in Jill's mind she did indeed have an arguement with Betheny but in reality it was a case of hurt feelings between Bobby & Bethenny & I don't believe Bobby was all that hurt to begin with. I am sure a visit with Bobby would have solved everything but instead Jill needed to get involved & take the matter to Bravo who advised her it was a bad idea. I doubt she clued Betheny in to the plan. Betheny tried to reconcile but Luann was always there to intervene then Betheny got over Jill.

Jill wasn't fired...her contract was up for renewal & Bravo made a decision to not renew her contract. It was a business decision not a personal one.

I am super surprised no one commented on jillzarins outfit or lack there of. It would have looked fine but read a bit young for her.
    mom2 and Imperfect1 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I guess I am in the minority here but I really don't want to see catfights on TV.

Maybe it is just me but I am in my 50's & can never recall getting into any fight with any of my girlfriends let alone try & exploit it for personal gains.
    I'm not sure that 2 makes a majority, but I'm with you - mostly. It's all about balance.

The fighting that goes on in NJ is draining and endless and stupid and petty. I was ready for the season to be done. But, the difference with NJ - and likely what makes the show the most successful - are the family connections. It is a different underlying dynamic.

We have straight-up cat fights in the rest of the cities and it's just too much. I want at least one show/city that is more light, and I think the NYC and its current cast is just the right mix to bring that (incl. Aviva) I'm already having withdrawal symptoms and can't wait for next season.

Jill wasn't fired...her contract was up for renewal & Bravo made a decision to not renew her contract. It was a business decision not a personal one.
    Good point!

I am super surprised no one commented on jillzarins outfit or lack there of. It would have looked fine but read a bit young for her.
    A season or 2 into the RHNY, Jill started dressing and styling herself far too young for her age. She looked a little pathetic. SHe's gotten better IMO but still overdoes it.

I don't like catfights, feuds based trivial such as "you talk about me behind my back" (said by someone who talks constantly about people behind their backs), bullying, table-flipping, set-ups, complete beady-eyed shock that anyone would think you had hurt them--or claims that someone is an ex-prostitute, or is fat, or is currently a so called "skank," "slut" etc along with misogynistic name-calling and women shooting down other women for doing things that they seem to find perfectly all right when men do them.

I wish we could see people who have a vivid way of living, or maybe that's somewhat dramatic but not self-dramatizing--or have charismatic personalities not because they're desperate for camera time, but because they have some sort of passion about what they're doing. Maybe it's too hard to find charismatic or vivid people who are willing to be on tv. Or maybe being on tv is so invasive, it really degrades people's sense of boundaries and limits.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread