+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 125 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Like Tree350Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

I didn't get a chance to see either the reunion or jillzarin last nite. I can't wait to get home tonite and watch it on my dvr.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

RAts, I fell asleep and awoke to Jill talking to Andy. It looked awkward, but I was too tired to make sense of it. I'll have to check it out later.

So Jill said the fans want her back and they also want Alex back also. wow
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I'm sure there are some fans who want them back. There are also plenty of fans who DON'T want them back. There are fans who want each of the women currently on the show to be removed, and others who want them to stay. So Jill's argument is doesn't say much. And, Bravo is not run by a democracy, so it really doesnt' matter what anyone wants except for Bravo. If they make choices that too many viewers disagree with, they'll suffer. But Jill should know the fans don't program the channel.

All she did was confirm what her castmates complained about: that she's a manipulative schemer. She talked to Andy as if she were a show producer ("I came into your office and said 'Bethenny and I got in a fight. It'll make great TV!'"). Ugh. Andy was far too polite, as far as I'm concerned.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Hey everybody, I watched 99% but then (as usual) my DVR cut off. So did Andy indicate that Jill might get an opportunity to go back on RHNY? Ugh.

Debb70, it was awkward. Ugh and I agree, candor, Andy was far too nice to her.
    KAREN

I would not put it past Bravo. Jill is crazy but she is not as loopy as Ramona and this season was beyond boring.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    All she did was confirm what her castmates complained about: that she's a manipulative schemer. She talked to Andy as if she were a show producer ("I came into your office and said 'Bethenny and I got in a fight. It'll make great TV!'"). Ugh. Andy was far too polite, as far as I'm concerned.
    I was surprised at how "proactive" Jill was in creating drama to make good tv when she was on the phone.

She "produced" her way out of a job.

She is the most egomaniacal person in the entire franchise.
    momrek06 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I was surprised at how "proactive" Jill was in creating drama to make good tv when she was on the phone.

She "produced" her way out of a job.

She is the most egomaniacal person in the entire franchise.
    oops. I meant "on the show".

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    oops. I meant "on the show".
    Yep Jexter, I kinda thought that's what you meant. I was surprised too with Jill's frequent referral of how she did certain things or told Andy certain things that she thought would be good for the show's ratings. Very surprised -- not because that's what she did, but because, she is the only reality celebrity that I have ever heard, actually come out and SAY that he/she actually did certain things to boost the ratings of their show. Others probably have done similar things, but it was just kind of weird to hear Jill talking about it --- proudly --- like she did consider herself a producer, of sorts. And interestingly, that's just a reflection of who she is. I have come to really dislike her as a person because she has shown herself to be very mean spirited and manipulative, but I do have to give her credit for being a very smart, capable woman who can't help but try to "manage" every person and situation that she's involved in -- sort of in the way the producers of shows do. So in her mind, it was just a natural thing to do --- I believe she really didn't 'get' that this was not her job, and she was, as you said Jexter, just 'producing herself 'out of a job!

Now there is some interesting buzz that her ratings on WWHL were so high that the powers-that-be are considering bringing her back on Season 6 of RHNY occasionally as a guest. Don't know if that will actually happen --- but several other housewives have made occasional appearances after leaving or being let go from their own shows (like, for example Laurie, Jeana and Jo from RHOC, and Dina from RHNJ) that it wouldn't be that big of a deal if Jill showed up on an episode or two.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 10-18-2012 at 08:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread