+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 117 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I'm at the point in life where very little "external stuff" is new or exciting. Been there, done that. Seen it, heard it, did it. More than once.

Very little is new or different for me, but my new take on life is just to enjoy things for what they are. For a younger person, this band could be seen as innovative but for me, I've see similar groups in the past. Still, I enjoyed it. It was fun. Pure camp which I enjoy.
    Hey, Jexter, exactly what I thought. The antics of the entire RH franchise hits me that way most of the time, but crazy me I still watch.... other stuff on television is full of smashem bashem blood 'n guts 'n guns with near zero plot lines.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Hey, Jexter, exactly what I thought. The antics of the entire RH franchise hits me that way most of the time, but crazy me I still watch.... other stuff on television is full of smashem bashem blood 'n guts 'n guns with near zero plot lines.
    I'm with you. I can't wrap my brain around all the crime drama's on tv. I don't find all the twisted and gruesomeness of that kind of thing entertaining at all. My 22 year old son explained it to me in the a good way, though. His theory is that those kinds of shows aren't entertaining for the gruesome factor but rather the redemption factor, i.e. finding and punishing the wrong-doer. He also pointed out that the footage of the crimes themselves is usually pretty brief. The majority of air time is spent on detective work.

That made sense to me, and I felt a lot better about the human race putting it in that context.

Still, I'd much rather watch the antics of the housewives - and other reality shows. I know much of it is staged and edited, but it is not scripted. These women are character studies in their own right - and far more entertaining and in a wierd way vauable (i.e. thery remind me not to be so absurd in my own behavior) than scripted shows.

What is the love that Andy was sending to Luann last night. Andy is usually cordial, of course, but last night he seemed very fond of Luann. Go figure.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What is the love that Andy was sending to Luann last night. Andy is usually cordial, of course, but last night he seemed very fond of Luann. Go figure.
    He seems especially fond of Tamra too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    He seems especially fond of Tamra too!
    I think that is because she french kissed him real good last New Year's Eve on the air. Did you see it? It was quite a kiss. I think it was Tamra. I'll have to check. I have heard him talk about many times. It blew his mind! And yes, I know he's gay, but still. That was one heck of a kiss. LOL.....

Yes, it was Tamra that gave Andy that "knock your socks off" kiss. Maybe that's why he likes her so much. I found the link on Bravo, but I can't get the video to work.
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-19-2012 at 01:22 PM.

FORT Fogey

I get the impression that with some of the Bravolebrities who seem to lack self-awareness, Andy tends to really kiss up to them to make good TV. I think that LuAnn, and perhaps Tamara also, think that the majority of the audience adores her, and doesn't realize how often she's the butt of jokes. Sitting face to face with them, Andy knows that if he were to mock and attack, he risks that they'd gain the self awareness. By charading as they do, when Andy plays along, he gets more of that behavior out of them so the audience is entertained.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I get the impression that with some of the Bravolebrities who seem to lack self-awareness, Andy tends to really kiss up to them to make good TV. I think that LuAnn, and perhaps Tamara also, think that the majority of the audience adores her, and doesn't realize how often she's the butt of jokes. Sitting face to face with them, Andy knows that if he were to mock and attack, he risks that they'd gain the self awareness. By charading as they do, when Andy plays along, he gets more of that behavior out of them so the audience is entertained.
    Very interesting. Good idea. Makes sense to me, although, I think that Andy's ultra-love for Bethenny, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kelly Rippa is genuine and not the fake kind. lOl
    Prism likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Very interesting. Good idea. Makes sense to me, although, I think that Andy's ultra-love for Bethenny, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kelly Rippa is genuine and not the fake kind. lOl
    There is definately a different kind of smittenness going on with "real" celebrities and "bravolebrities".

FORT Fogey

I agree with Jexter. With Sarah Jessica and Kelly Ripa, I think Andy is infatuated by running in the circles of that level of fame.
    Debb70 likes this.

Has anyone read Andy's new book?

+ Reply to Thread