+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 126 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Like Tree357Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Anyone see Adam Lambert with Andy last night? Great show, but I wish he wasn't hating on Clay so much. What's up with that. There's room for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Anyone see Adam Lambert with Andy last night? Great show, but I wish he wasn't hating on Clay so much. What's up with that. There's room for everyone.
    Hi Debb.
    I enjoyed the show, too, but didn't know about the Clay hate. I'm going to see if I can find out the source.
    ETA: Looks like Clay had blogged about Adam's rendition of Ring of Fire when the latter was a contestant on AI. Clay's comment was that it "made his ears bleed."
    So, you can imagine the ensuing cat fight that erupted.
    I'm surprised at Clay for saying that to begin with. Not very nice. I thought Clay was above that. I was very sorry to read that about him.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 05-26-2012 at 02:23 AM.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Hi Debb.
    I enjoyed the show, too, but didn't know about the Clay hate. I'm going to see if I can find out the source.
    ETA: Looks like Clay had blogged about Adam's rendition of Ring of Fire when the latter was a contestant on AI. Clay's comment was that it "made his ears bleed."
    I'm surprised at Clay for saying that to begin with. Not very nice. I thought Clay was above that. I was very sorry to read that about him.
    Oh, if that's it, then it's no biggie IMO. Many didn't like the rendition Adam did, though I did like it! Clay will often speak his mind. I don't have an issue with it. I think they are both talented in different ways.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Hi Debb.
    I suspect Adam has additional issues with Clay - likely that Clay was closeted for so long. Adam went on about how he was out all during Idol...and earlier. I sensed that he is proud about that and waived it in Clay's face a bit. Both Clay and Adam are opinionated and come off as immature know-it-alls much of the time. Clay didn't/shouldn't have said what he did, but Adam could have taken the high road and blew it off. They are oil and water.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I suspect Adam has additional issues with Clay - likely that Clay was closeted for so long. Adam went on about how he was out all during Idol...and earlier. I sensed that he is proud about that and waived it in Clay's face a bit. Both Clay and Adam are opinionated and come off as immature know-it-alls much of the time. Clay didn't/shouldn't have said what he did, but Adam could have taken the high road and blew it off. They are oil and water.
    Adam seems like a much 'easier going' guy than Clay, so it must've really hurt him when Clay made that awful, unkind comment. Clay could've expressed his opinion without being insulting --- but Clay seems like a very pissy kind of guy, with a huge chip on his shoulder. He got into it with Kelly Ripa too --- and I think he way over-reacted to a comment that she made to him on air, that I BELIEVE was completely misinterpreted and blown way out of proportion by Clay. I liked Clay a lot better when he was still humble and appreciative of the opportunities he was given.

PS The Kelly Ripa incident was this: Kelly, who is somewhat of a germaphobe, doesn't like it if everything isn't all ultra clean around her. She was upset when Clay was on her show because for some reason, Clay was bringing his hand very close to Kelly's face. Kelly tried to back up and wave his hand away, but Clay didn't move it away--- and Kelly finally just asked him to take his hand away from her face saying something like, "I don't know where that hand has been." Kelly has said that she was only referring to the typical 'dirt' that's generally on all of our hands as we go about out days, but Clay apparently interpreted her comment as an anti-gay slur. I seriously doubt that Kelly was making an anti-gay slur --- that's just not who she is!!!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 05-29-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    GabbyG likes this.

FORT Fogey

In the Kelly Ripa incident, I think that what Kelly was truly mad at was that Clay was trying to silence her on her own show. He was a GUEST host, and he was implying that she was dominating the conversation. Yes Clay ... that's why it is called Live with KELLY. Honestly, I think Clay realized after the fact that he was out of line, and tried to cover that up and deflect attention by claiming that Kelly was being anit-gay. It's a shame really, because to make an accusation like that for something so innocent creates a "boy who cried wolf" attitude when truly anti-gay things happen.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I saw the episode with Clay on Regis and KElly at the time. (Regis was out and Clay was subbing as co-host.) I was watching as a huge Clay fan. Clay is from my hometown of Raleigh, NC, so, naturally, I'm ultra proud of the guy. Anyway, Clay was being rude to Kelly that morning on the air. He was a meanie and I have no idea why. I had never seen him act like that. He was rude to her BEFORE any of the stuff about the hand. It started out bad and went down hill. I adore Clay, but IMO he was in the wrong and not Kelly. I had hoped all of that was water under the bridge. I hadn't thought about it in ages. I think Clay learned from the experience. Adam's made some mistakes too. That's how we all learn.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Adam seems like a much 'easier going' guy than Clay, so it must've really hurt him when Clay made that awful, unkind comment. Clay could've expressed his opinion without being insulting --- but Clay seems like a very pissy kind of guy, with a huge chip on his shoulder. He got into it with Kelly Ripa too --- and I think he way over-reacted to a comment that she made to him on air, that I BELIEVE was completely misinterpreted and blown way out of proportion by Clay. I liked Clay a lot better when he was still humble and appreciative of the opportunities he was given.

PS The Kelly Ripa incident was this: Kelly, who is somewhat of a germaphobe, doesn't like it if everything isn't all ultra clean around her. She was upset when Clay was on her show because for some reason, Clay was bringing his hand very close to Kelly's face. Kelly tried to back up and wave his hand away, but Clay didn't move it away--- and Kelly finally just asked him to take his hand away from her face saying something like, "I don't know where that hand has been." Kelly has said that she was only referring to the typical 'dirt' that's generally on all of our hands as we go about out days, but Clay apparently interpreted her comment as an anti-gay slur. I seriously doubt that Kelly was making an anti-gay slur --- that's just not who she is!!!
    I remember that! Reg. Clay vs. Adam....I was trying to be very delicate in my post for fear of emotional postings by Clay supporters. I work hard at giving Clay the benefit of the doubt, but you are right. He shouldn't have said what he did. It just wasn't very nice.

At the end of the day, I like Clay and think he is a very good person. However, there is a piece of him that is super bitter or angry or something. Not sure what it is....and it spills out from time to time. I think he should talk with a shrink to resolve his constant one-upsmanship mentality - or minimally a better PR coach than he may have working for him now.

He was at fault with Kelly R. too, as I recall.
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I remember that! Reg. Clay vs. Adam....I was trying to be very delicate in my post for fear of emotional postings by Clay supporters. I work hard at giving Clay the benefit of the doubt, but you are right. He shouldn't have said what he did. It just wasn't very nice.

At the end of the day, I like Clay and think he is a very good person. However, there is a piece of him that is super bitter or angry or something. Not sure what it is....and it spills out from time to time. I think he should talk with a shrink to resolve his constant one-upsmanship mentality - or minimally a better PR coach than he may have working for him now.

He was at fault with Kelly R. too, as I recall.
    Without going into detail, (Clay's sister (now deceased) went to school with my cousin many years ago.) Clay went through a lot with his dad growing up. He changed his name to his mother's maiden name when he got older. And Clay's sister committed suicide. I"m not making excuses, but I recognize that he has much in his past that would give one a reason to be unhappy. Still, Clay has advanced in the education of disabled children and contributed to their needs. I find that inspiring. Maybe I'm still a little biased, but I'm still a big Clay fan. HE had a lot of fans on Celeb Rehab too, both viewers and contestants.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Without going into detail, (Clay's sister (now deceased) went to school with my cousin many years ago.) Clay went through a lot with his dad growing up. He changed his name to his mother's maiden name when he got older. And Clay's sister committed suicide. I"m not making excuses, but I recognize that he has much in his past that would give one a reason to be unhappy. Still, Clay has advanced in the education of disabled children and contributed to their needs. I find that inspiring. Maybe I'm still a little biased, but I'm still a big Clay fan. HE had a lot of fans on Celeb Rehab too, both viewers and contestants.
    Clay did have a really rough road in life, and indeed, even the Idol fame was a LOT to deal with. Hiding his homosexuality and eventually coming out couldn't have been easy either.

I do cut him a lot of slack for all these things. He just let's his tongue get the better of him once in a while. Not often, but when it happens, it's biting. I hope for HIS sake, he reels it in a little bit.

+ Reply to Thread