+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 117 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

FORT Fan

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    He says that when he was working on another network he tried to get Oprah do to some kind of interview and her people had refused it, multiple times. Then when she was in their studio on a separate matter, he snicked in and slid the stuff she had refused into the interview anyway. So Oprah got blindsided on camera. Later, she personally called Andy and confronted him about it. He admitted it and apologized. THEN he says he went on to screw with her on TWO other occasions! Who does that? I guess he figured anything for the interview.
    Who does that? Oprah ALL THE TIME. Yes, anything for an interview and to put forth your own agenda. I'm sure they all do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    Who does that? Oprah ALL THE TIME. Yes, anything for an interview and to put forth your own agenda. I'm sure they all do it.
    I guess I'll have to read Andy's book. Perhaps he's an entertainer and not a journalist. Jounalists are supposed to have all these ethical guidelines about how they handle stories and people, but maybe that doesn't apply to Andy. I'm just afraid I might not like him as much after I find out all his secrets. I recall how much I grew to DISLIKE the Judds, Ryan O'Neal and even Shania Twain after seeing their reality shows. I wish I had never seen them. LOL

FORT Fogey

I disagree with the way you've described a journalist Deb70. Sure, journalists need to have ethics to explore stories fairly, and report what is true in an unbiased way. But I don't think there is anything about those ethics that would limit the questions a reporter can ask in an interview. When Mike Wallace passed away recently, a lot of the tributes done to him highlighted some of the interviews he did where he'd ask questions the subject did not want to answer, and allow them to squirm. I certainly think that Mike Wallace was an ethical journalist. Honestly, I think a great journalist is going to do what is needed to get the story and report the truth. Only a sub-part journalist will agree to so many limitations to an interview that he or she cannot get to the full story. Now I don't think of Andy as a journalist. I think he's more of a programmer and entertainment host. But i don't think that being a journalist means not asking questions that an interview subject doesn't want to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I disagree with the way you've described a journalist Deb70. Sure, journalists need to have ethics to explore stories fairly, and report what is true in an unbiased way. But I don't think there is anything about those ethics that would limit the questions a reporter can ask in an interview. When Mike Wallace passed away recently, a lot of the tributes done to him highlighted some of the interviews he did where he'd ask questions the subject did not want to answer, and allow them to squirm. I certainly think that Mike Wallace was an ethical journalist. Honestly, I think a great journalist is going to do what is needed to get the story and report the truth. Only a sub-part journalist will agree to so many limitations to an interview that he or she cannot get to the full story. Now I don't think of Andy as a journalist. I think he's more of a programmer and entertainment host. But i don't think that being a journalist means not asking questions that an interview subject doesn't want to answer.
    Maybe so, but I think it went further than that. I'll have to read his book to find out, since I don't know the whole story about the other times he messed up with Oprah. They are his words not mine. LOL

He met Susan Lucci under false representation, so I'm not sure if that was kosher or not. He was quite young though, so I'll give him a pass on that. Still, it's stuff I wish I didn't know.

FORT Fogey

WWHL hasn't been on for awhile. ANyone know the scoop?

FORT Fogey

It is off this week because Andy is on his book tour

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I like Andy a lot, and one of the things I find most endearing about him is that he is willing to be vulnerable and show his not-so-acceptable sides, "warts and all." He talks about his imperfections and foibles all the time, from his "wonky eye" to his sharing numerous anecdotes about his less-than-successful moments. He shows goofy pictures of himself all the time, and I loved that when he had his mom on the show all last week, he invited her to bring videos of his most embarassing moments. Wow, I could never have done that! I give Andy a lot of credit for his accomplishments. He seems like a really good guy at heart, and one who's a lot of fun and would be a terrific pal to hang out with.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I like Andy a lot, and one of the things I find most endearing about him is that he is willing to be vulnerable and show his not-so-acceptable sides, "warts and all." He talks about his imperfections and foibles all the time, from his "wonky eye" to his sharing numerous anecdotes about his less-than-successful moments. He shows goofy pictures of himself all the time, and I loved that when he had his mom on the show all last week, he invited her to bring videos of his most embarassing moments. Wow, I could never have done that! I give Andy a lot of credit for his accomplishments. He seems like a really good guy at heart, and one who's a lot of fun and would be a terrific pal to hang out with.
    Agreed. He is an executive producer on these shows. To me, that means he is not only the fun-loving, goofy guy that we see on WWHL. He has some drive and ambition to succeed. He wouldn't have gotten to where he is without it. I actually think the "asking the questions the person doesn't want to answer" is the mark of a good journalist! That is what we want - for the person to ask the questions we want the answers to that the celebrity doesn't want to answer. The Chris Brown interview is a perfect example. The Susan Lucci story - from what I have heard, who doesn't, at one time or another, do something like that to get their foot in the door. Now if you told me he killed someone or something like that, it would be different. But none of the stories I have heard have changed my opinion of him at all - they have just confirmed what I already believed - that he is a driven person who wants to succeed.

Watched Seinfeld and Matthew Broderick.
    Seinfeld really comes off like a haughty egotist, IMO.
    Broderick seems sweet and kind of dorky.

John Mayer is totally full of himself, still. Liked that Dan Rather did the show.
    Honestly, I'm just amazed at how many different people Andy gets on this show. Kudos to him.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Amazing, just amazing that Dan Rather went on Andy's show; but then he's hawking a book. And yes, Seinfeld is haughty as all hale.
    norealityhere likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread