+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 116 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

All the women looked outstanding; their clothing is beautifully tailored - and they really are a bunch of attractive women - a few of them are very beautiful, except of course Ick and the Gorga, and Taylor from the nose up.

And they do have major shoes, don't they? NY is still my favorite.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

This may not be the right place, but can someone tell me if Big Ange is really a woman? I'm not sure what show she's on. I think Mob Wives.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This may not be the right place, but can someone tell me if Big Ange is really a woman? I'm not sure what show she's on. I think Mob Wives.
    She is on the show Mob Wives, I don't watch it, but I believe she is a woman even though she has a really low voice.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    She is on the show Mob Wives, I don't watch it, but I believe she is a woman even though she has a really low voice.
    I wasn't sure. She was on Andy with another guest Ceelo Greene and things seemed odd. Ange was delightful. She does have an odd neck though. I wasn't sure what the deal was.

Have any of you read Andy's book? He's on his book tour now, so will be off this week. I heard him reveal a few things about himself lately, in light of this book coming out. He talks about the bad episodes he has had with Oprah and an episode with Susan Lucci, whom he adores. It kind of made me wonder about ANdy. I have always loved him and think he's so funny and likable, but what he has revealed has tarnished him a little for my taste. Anyone else hear about it? I wonder if I'm being too critical.

He says that when he was working on another network he tried to get Oprah do to some kind of interview and her people had refused it, multiple times. Then when she was in their studio on a separate matter, he snicked in and slid the stuff she had refused into the interview anyway. So Oprah got blindsided on camera. Later, she personally called Andy and confronted him about it. He admitted it and apologized. THEN he says he went on to screw with her on TWO other occasions! Who does that? I guess he figured anything for the interview.

Andy also told the story of how he got to meet, interview and have lunch with Susan Lucci when he was in high school. He wrote her a personal letter saying that he was writing an article on her for his local school paper and she agreed to do it. He flew to NY and had lunch with her. Well, he was lying. He was not writing any kind of article. She knows now and doesn't hold a grudge.

Should any of this matter now?

FORT Fogey

I think it only matters because it shows the kind of personality that Andy is, which shows what it took for him to be successful. Programming people like him come and go from networks all the time. To be successful, they have to be willing to take risks, and do things that most people would not do. They also have to be willing to face the consequences when those risks don't pay off. To me, both of those stories show that Andy has A LOT of "What is the worst that can happen if we try it" courage built in to him, which is probably why he is where he is now. Andy has done all that, AND he figured out how to make himself a fixture at the network, which has probably bought him more job security. Before he put himself on TV, none of us Bravo viewers had any idea who was creating reality shows, and would have tuned in regardless of who is was. But now that he's programming AND a personality on the network, it matters a little more than Bravo keeps him around, as long as he is still popular with the audience.

I guess if you are doing anything for the story, that may help you in the short term, but in the long term, I wonder if you might burn some bridges that you may need later. Once people figure you out, you may be the one person they make sure does not benefit from a story.

I wish I didn't know the stuff about Andy. I don't think I would trust him any further than I could throw him! LOL I will say that I respect Anderson Cooper and Anderson seems to be okay with Andy. That goes a long way in my book.

FORT Fogey

My two cents are that Andy is definately in this for the fun of it first and foremost....money/lifestyle/Hollywood gossip, etc.

He'll do what he needs to to keep it going. I don't distrust Andy, but I don't think he over-promises. And, I've alwasys said this....don't mess with Andy, the show, or the network or your in for it. Many of the Housewives, for example, think their shows are "theirs" rather than Bravo's. Over-demanding divas won't be tolerated and they get the boot. They are easily replaceable.

I like Andy, glad he's making it. The sneaky little sniper in him is what makes RH shows work. That's not pretty, but it's making big bucks. He and others who interview prospective HWs sure know how to pick the weakest, star-crazed, wannabee, skeleton-in-the-closet, most desperate-for-attention women---- and maybe he gets a little help from background checks which probably include credit history and income reports.

It's pretty clear he and his partners pick people specifically b/c they can be torn to shreds, and the wannabee women allow cameras to record every humiliating moment. Andy & Co. are becoming masters at ruining lives, and we're still watching!
    Jexter likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I like Andy, glad he's making it. The sneaky little sniper in him is what makes RH shows work. That's not pretty, but it's making big bucks. He and others who interview prospective HWs sure know how to pick the weakest, star-crazed, wannabee, skeleton-in-the-closet, most desperate-for-attention women---- and maybe he gets a little help from background checks which probably include credit history and income reports.

It's pretty clear he and his partners pick people specifically b/c they can be torn to shreds, and the wannabee women allow cameras to record every humiliating moment. Andy & Co. are becoming masters at ruining lives, and we're still watching!
    I like Andy too and agree on all counts. I'd extend the first sentiment to some of the other Bravo shows such as Jeff Lewis. The more "serious" reality shows, not so much (e.g. Top Chef, etc).

+ Reply to Thread