+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 116 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Gayle King was on last night. She was fun and just loves Andy. She spilled some news on the Maria Shriver matter. And disclosed some stuff about Oprah, that I didn't know.

She's a fan of HW of NY. She says Oprah doesn't watch reality tv. That may hurt her. She needs to know what's going in that world. It's not pretty. LOL

Andy wants to set Gayle up. Andy's a fan of her show. Where does she film?

I know very little about Gayle King. I seldom watch Oprah.
    I was pretty surprised when Gayle said Oprah does not watch reality TV.
    Isn't that what the Oprah network is all about?!!
    Maybe, that's why I'm not a big fan of Oprah.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I know very little about Gayle King. I seldom watch Oprah.
    I was pretty surprised when Gayle said Oprah does not watch reality TV.
    Isn't that what the Oprah network is all about?!!
    Maybe, that's why I'm not a big fan of Oprah.
    Oprah has said repeatedly when promoting all those shows that they are dramatized documentaries or something like that. She avoids calling any of the OWN shows reality shows. She makes a distinction between filming things as they happen, which she says is what all the OWN shows are, and producers creating situations, which she calls reality.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Oprah has said repeatedly when promoting all those shows that they are dramatized documentaries or something like that. She avoids calling any of the OWN shows reality shows. She makes a distinction between filming things as they happen, which she says is what all the OWN shows are, and producers creating situations, which she calls reality.
    Yes, Oprah calls her shows, docu-dramas, not reality tv. Because reality tv is often scripted. I recall after The Hills went off the air and the cast was discussing how this or that was so set up and this and that never even happend. Of course some things do really happen, but much is staged.

Also, on Little People, Big World on TLc, once there was a list or script of some type laying on the father's desk. Busted! I didn't see it, but read it on their website. LOL The guy gave an explanation, but it didn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I have no problem with "reality" shows nor how they got there or if they're really real. To me, it's obvious that producers "create situations" -- probably like all these trips and parties and events, but have absolutely no doubt that the women talk smack about each other all the time.......whether they're back in NY or at the parties. I believe they say what they want and how they feel but I have absolutely no problem with directors/producers telling them to start talking about whatever. I just don't get hung up on it. With the Judds or Shania Twain's docu-series on OWN, it's the same thing. They're followed around with a camera and catch what they can. In fact, Shania is more documentary-like, as she's always talking to the camera or the audience (us) telling a story.

Then again, can't blame Oprah for wanting to distance herself from all the reality crap that's out there now.....thanks to Bravo.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I know these shows are scripted, so I try to take that into consideration in making my comments. I hate to constantly talk about it being scripted though, (I know I have done that a lot.) since many enjoy the show I think they don't like facing the fact that we are not really seeing reality on these shows. Speaking of scripts.

This is what always keeps me curious about it.
    Why would a normal thinking person, who lives in a nice home, nice family, has a rather nice income and is well respected in their community, follow scripts that make them seem like a raging lunatic for a few thousand dollars? I just don't get it. LOL
    It's a known fact -- most people will do ANYTHING to be on TV.

Their 15 minutes.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Teresa seemed a bit subdued on the show tonight...wonder what is up

FORT Fogey

She was just boring. But I seem to remember her being on the show last year, and being boring then too. It seems like she knows that she makes a fool of herself on TV, so she overcompensates on Andy's show trying to save face.

Jacqueline sure wasn't boring. She stuck that ham up her dress! And Theresa said the 's' word and I thought Andy was going to faint because the show was live and not on time delay.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    Jacqueline sure wasn't boring. She stuck that ham up her dress! And Theresa said the 's' word and I thought Andy was going to faint because the show was live and not on time delay.
    Jac tries too hard to be funny and it really comes off awkward.

+ Reply to Thread