+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Simon and Alex seem to both think he's good. Neither seemd to think of his singing as a joke. THey've both returned to their overly pretentious roots.

As far as Kelly, I'm still kind of on the fence. I do think that she puts on a lot of that act for the cameras. They all do. It's pretty obvious they're being directed to amp things up for the camera. And most of them are obliging.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I know these shows are scripted, so I try to take that into consideration in making my comments. I hate to constantly talk about it being scripted though, (I know I have done that a lot.) since many enjoy the show I think they don't like facing the fact that we are not really seeing reality on these shows. Speaking of scripts.

This is what always keeps me curious about it.
    Why would a normal thinking person, who lives in a nice home, nice family, has a rather nice income and is well respected in their community, follow scripts that make them seem like a raging lunatic for a few thousand dollars? I just don't get it. LOL

I'm with you Debb. I'm losing interest more and more in these shows. I don't get why anyone would want to put themselves out there like that. It's really quite pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    I'm with you Debb. I'm losing interest more and more in these shows. I don't get why anyone would want to put themselves out there like that. It's really quite pathetic.
    I could see making a complete fool out of yourself for $50,000.00 if you are facing foreclosure, need medical treatment, desperate for college money or have no money to buy a car or something, but when you're financially set, wouldn't you need closer to a million dollars to literally ruin your good name on national tv? I just don't get it. It must be a craving for attention.

Let's hope it gets better when they go on their trip.

When I was growing up, my grandmother always used to say, "everybody wants to be somebody..."
    It was long before Andy Warhol made it onto the scene and coined his famous "15 minutes."
    The sentiment was the same, though.
    In today's world of instant "celebrity" it is more true than ever.
    People love to make themselves known; even when it's for the wrong reasons......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I know these shows are scripted, so I try to take that into consideration in making my comments. I hate to constantly talk about it being scripted though, (I know I have done that a lot.) since many enjoy the show I think they don't like facing the fact that we are not really seeing reality on these shows. Speaking of scripts.

This is what always keeps me curious about it.
    Why would a normal thinking person, who lives in a nice home, nice family, has a rather nice income and is well respected in their community, follow scripts that make them seem like a raging lunatic for a few thousand dollars? I just don't get it. LOL
    I'm not sure how much money these alleged "reality stars" make per episode but I think that they do the show more for exposure and for marketing their next venture...whether it be a clothing line (Alexis), jewelry (Lynn), makeup, purses (Gretchen) etc....btw...I am watching the new OC epi and what is up with Gretchen with her laughing hysterically at herself in her interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    I'm not sure how much money these alleged "reality stars" make per episode but I think that they do the show more for exposure and for marketing their next venture...whether it be a clothing line (Alexis), jewelry (Lynn), makeup, purses (Gretchen) etc....btw...I am watching the new OC epi and what is up with Gretchen with her laughing hysterically at herself in her interviews?
    Grates on the nerves doesn't it? She sounds like a braying donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I actually enjoyed Bethenny on WWHL last night. She is a very wealthy woman now and I wish she could relax and enjoy it. The only problem I've ever had with her is that she whines about what she doesn't have but then when she gets it, she's still not happy.
    That's because she is still broken inside. Until she fixes that, nothing will make her truly happy.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    What can I say about Alex??!! Can't stand the woman. I still can't believe she's only 36. She needs to stand up straight and wear a bra. And, I've never seen teeth like those. They have points at the end of each tooth. Very strange and frightening looking.
    I always think the same thing....she has the most horrible posture and her boobs hang down...she certainly does need a good bra. And yes, her teeth are rather vampire-ish. She does not strike me as "model" material. Maybe it's just her height, the fact that she is skinny and semi-famous.

Alex is easier to watch now that she's not trying so hard to be socialite of the year. Wouldn't it seem she has enough money to get those aawful teeth fixed and buy a good bra? And, yes, for gawds sake, stand up straight.
    Oompaloopa likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread