+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 125 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Like Tree350Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie010;4071293;
    I didn't feel bad for him because he never really addressed the things many of us wanted him to address. Why didn't he ask Teresa more about the financial stuff and Juicy's DUI? Why didn't he ask Jac more about the Ashley/Danielle stuff? He didn't hold them accountable for anything they did. All he concentrated on were the mean girls' accusations against Danielle. We already watched a whole season of the ganging up on Danielle, so why did Andy think we wanted to watch a reunion show with the same old, same old? He needs to either get his head out of the butts of Caroline, Jac and Teresa, or let someone else MC these shows.
    I agree with you and don't want to let Andy totally off the hook because I want those issues addressed too, HOWEVER we have to remember that many, if not most of the questions asked come from THE VIEWERS!!! So if we want those questions asked, we have take responsibility for making that happen, and write/text/email the show right before the reunions (just like they ask us to) and make our voices heard!

I have a feeling they get many questions we'd love to hear the answer to. The producers probably pick and choose which ones they want answered. I wish they'd choose some of the tougher questions,too. Frustrating to know Andy has the housewife RIGHT THERE and is letting her off so easy.

I like Andy,though, and agree he's a good gossipy type to host the show. His huge grin as the housewives get themselves into deep water with some of their answers or embarrassing doings (singing,arguments,etc) on the show always makes me laugh. Just wish he'd put them on the spot more!

I don't know.
    It seems to me that these shows poke a lot of fun at all of these housewives.
    And Andy seems to put them on the spot with the questions.
    I'm actually surprised at how far he does go with some of the questions.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie010;4071293;
    I didn't feel bad for him because he never really addressed the things many of us wanted him to address. Why didn't he ask Teresa more about the financial stuff and Juicy's DUI? Why didn't he ask Jac more about the Ashley/Danielle stuff? He didn't hold them accountable for anything they did. All he concentrated on were the mean girls' accusations against Danielle. We already watched a whole season of the ganging up on Danielle, so why did Andy think we wanted to watch a reunion show with the same old, same old? He needs to either get his head out of the butts of Caroline, Jac and Teresa, or let someone else MC these shows.
    This could be true, but we have to remember that they taped for seven hours or something ridiculous like that, and we saw 2 1/2. Obviously the producers felt we needed to see the conflict between Danielle and everyone more than the other stuff.

I felt bad for him because Teresa and Danielle were both being ridiculous, and neither can be calmed down, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4072852;
    This could be true, but we have to remember that they taped for seven hours or something ridiculous like that, and we saw 2 1/2. Obviously the producers felt we needed to see the conflict between Danielle and everyone more than the other stuff. I felt bad for him because Teresa and Danielle were both being ridiculous, and neither can be calmed down, ever.
    I agree with your thinking here but I also think the producers were wrong about what we wanted to see. Not that it matters anymore with Danielle gone. Just another reason for me to be glad she's gone. Drama about Danielle is old and way overdone and that ship has sailed.

FORT Fogey

Oh yeah, I agree. I think everyone's over Danielle, and what I really DID want to see of her was not shown. However, producers think about ratings, and I'm sure they thought "more drama, more ratings" and the most dramatic parts were Danielle.

I think Andy does a pretty good job. He's a little smarmy sometimes, but it fits the franchise. In my opinion the prime reason RHs are hired is to be made fun of, to be outed for their asinine aspirations, to be picked at and jabbed and ridiculed until they fight back and make perfect fools of themselves.

I cannot think of one housewife, other than Bethenny, who has redeemed herself in any substantial way. Bravo's producers are very savvy, pandering to our desire to see the mighty fall. Even if they weren't actually mighty to begin with.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4071987;
    I have a feeling they get many questions we'd love to hear the answer to. The producers probably pick and choose which ones they want answered. I wish they'd choose some of the tougher questions,too. Frustrating to know Andy has the housewife RIGHT THERE and is letting her off so easy.

I like Andy,though, and agree he's a good gossipy type to host the show. His huge grin as the housewives get themselves into deep water with some of their answers or embarrassing doings (singing,arguments,etc) on the show always makes me laugh. Just wish he'd put them on the spot more!
    Cohen's show sucks big time. Has gone from bad to worse. He had absolutely no problem with interrogating Danielle and those questions weren't from the viewers. And now we have to tolerate the Ben Weiner stuff. The show is just plain juvenile anymore -- and silly. Just sayin'
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Did anybody watch with Tina Fey?
    Great show.
    Tina was great as usual.
    I especially loved how she went on about Ramona's refreshed new look. She wasn't buying any of that non-surgical cr*p that Ramona's been trying to foist on everybody.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Love Andy's show, and it's become one of my very favorites. In a way, it feels very much like this forum, in that it's a place where I can hear chit-chat and opinions about the RH shows, and the comments are by the insiders themselves. In fact, I enjoy it so much, I wish it was longer than a half hour, cause it seems like there's never enough time to get all the issues discussed. I also love that Andy is the first one to make fun of himself, and that he has a great sense of humor with an interesting bite to it.

PS Canuck, I know what you mean about Ben Weiner --- but now that Ben's actually been on the show, I think the whole Ben Weiner thing might be pretty much over -- except for maybe an occasional call or two. And he actually turned out to be a really cute kid!

+ Reply to Thread