+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 117 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3923880;
    I kept thinking they were cutting to someone else who looked similar to LuAnn! I would guess there was some "enhancement" done to the video. I think LuAnn is really pretty, but she appeared to be much younger looking in the video (and not just due to the hair extensions). BTW, this might sound corny, but when I watched her perform the song in last night's episode, I was happy for her! She looked like she was on Cloud 9.
    I was happy for her, too.
    Enhancement or not, she looked like she was having the time of her life.
    I think the divorce really did a number on her, so I am glad she's getting her mojo back.
    I think she's a beautiful woman, hair extensions or not.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3924216;
    I was happy for her, too.
    Enhancement or not, she looked like she was having the time of her life.
    I think the divorce really did a number on her, so I am glad she's getting her mojo back.
    I think she's a beautiful woman, hair extensions or not.
    I like LuAnn.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3924213;
    I think they'd just make her look like a cougar. And maybe draggish.
    She's always looked like a transvestite anyway so she may as well look like a sexy one!

FORT Fogey

A woman her age should know herself better.

She added about 6 inches of hair for a music video! This look isn't exactly what I would call "over the top"! What? Was she suppose to wear mom jeans, no makeup and a baseball cap? She looks great! At 45 she's hardly got one foot in the grave so there's no reason she shouldn't get her sexy back. I say that if it makes her feel better, after having the count cheat on her and the divorce, do it! Personally, I can't take watching the video because of the horrible voice and song but she looks fantastic.

The video is a shining example of her hypocrisy, in my opinion. Stuck up and prudish last season when Ramona told Bethenny to date many men and have fun (not "sleep with them, just date them") and the COUNTESS was horrified, because that would make her a trollop and her reputation would be tarnished forever and ever ...

But now, she's the one who's single and dressing inappropriately (according to last year's Countess standards), not to mention lolling on a bed with SEVERAL men. Oh the Shame of it all!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

It's a video! It's suppose to be fun and entertaining not a handbook on how to live your life! I haven't paid that much attention to the video but maybe it's a joke that you're suppose to have class but you're rolling around with men. I don't know.... who cares? It's a stupid video. Lots of entertainers (not that the countess is a real entertainer) put out sexy videos and then claim to be virgins or deeply religious. Miley Cyrus was dancing on a stripper pole recently and she's a kids celebrity! I really don't know what (I've seen of it) the video has to do with the song but not all videos tell the same story that the song is telling. Just because she's doing "questionable" things on the video doesn't mean that she's out rolling around on beds (with probably gay) men in real life! As far as her look goes it's not crazy or wild or anything too much ,especially for a video. It's called entertainment! Do you think that Lady Gaga or Cher or even Celine Dion dress the same way to go to the grocery store as they do in a video? NO! We don't look the same, when we clean our house, as we do to go out to dinner (hopefully) I'm sure that the countess isn't wearing a corset to her kids tennis match and a few extensions hardly makes someone a trollop. I hope that she has spiced up her look a little! I would think that it's very common for women, dumped by their husbands, to put more effort into their style. She already looked good but she was a little on the "soccer mom" side. She's (about) 45 and is out there competing with 20 year olds for Pete's sake! I say look as good as you can for as long as you can!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3925275;
    Do you think that Lady Gaga or Cher or even Celine Dion dress the same way to go to the grocery store as they do in a video? NO!
    Lady Gaga does look the same when she goes to the grocery store as she does in her videos.

Lu is being called on changing her mindset now that she's divorced. The video is ludicrous, but remembering her lecturing Bethenny on proper dating behavior vs how she's portraying herself on video is worthy of mention.

She went from being "uppity royal ms manners" to "free to be you and me" in a short time ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'll say it again. Real life is different than videos! It's kind of hard watching this video because we ,kinda, feel like we know her. We have never seen this side of her but I would bet money that she's had a bit of a wild life. She was a model, after all. She hung around a wealthy, jet setting crowd and I'm sure that she has seen and done things that she wouldn't want to advertise. Maybe some of the advise that she's given has been based on her own experience. Telling someone not to sleep around isn't prudish! It's sound advise! Who on earth, in this day and age, would advise someone to sleep around? I don't find the video hypocritical. I find it a little uncomfortable to watch because I've never seen her as sexy before. It's a little like as if some friend of mine ,who never came off as sexy, did it and I was embarrassed for her. I'm going to have to do a little research here and look up some well known videos so that I can use them as examples. If some band scuba dives, in a video, and one of them drowns (in the video) are you seeing it as an anti scuba diving video? Do you say "wow, that band member has always hated the water so he's being hypocritical going in the water"? What was the "meaning" of them scuba diving? I would just think that they had an art director and a video director that made the video. They also have a record company that picks these things. Really, really, really this video is very mild. I think that it was probably made for fans of RHONY. People who would get a kick out of her going out of her comfort zone. That's what I get out of it anyway but I still can't watch it because it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong to me that she is singing! Now, that is what I find offensive!

+ Reply to Thread