+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3917323;
    The same people own both channels.

I was cracking up when Jerry went on about the "faux fame" these people grasp at.
    I think most of these women are so overly impressed with themselves that they won't even think about the fact that he was totally dissing them.
    That's what I couldn't remember. The "faux fame"! I loved it! It was almost like he was holding back at first but then he ended up blurting out what he thought of them and the show! You're right about them probably not getting that they were insults. I just think that he was very rude to Andy! He never shut up!

Bethenny probably got it ... Jill wouldn't accept it and told the tv that Jerry isn't a friend of hers ... Kelly thought it was directed at everyone but her because SHE'S UP HERE and they're down there ... Lu wondered who made Jerry Seinfeld God ... Ramona got Mario to challenge Jerry to a tennis match ... Alex and Simon laughed and sent him their book ... and I don't know Sonja and Jennifer well enough to decide what they did.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3917331;
    That's what I couldn't remember. The "faux fame"! I loved it! It was almost like he was holding back at first but then he ended up blurting out what he thought of them and the show! You're right about them probably not getting that they were insults. I just think that he was very rude to Andy! He never shut up!

ITA.
    That is why, much as I liked the Seinfeld show, I happen to think Seinfeld is totally that character. so, for me, his behavior was not a stretch. He does come across as very haughty and arrogant.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I enjoyed seeing Seinfeld on WWH but I just really thought it was odd for him to be on a catty girls' show. I don't mind that he was doing some schtick on the show - I'd have missed it if he hadn't done it! And I liked that he got annoyed about the "Housewives Ref" schtick that Andy initiated and said so. Sometimes it's okay to behave like Jerry Seinfeld, especially if you happen to be Jerry Seinfeld.

By the way, I thought he was right not to mention where he eats - it's different if you happen to be in a place and spot a celeb than if you hang around the place for the purpose of spotting that celeb. Too bad for the restaurant, though - would be great publicity & great business for it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3917393;
    I enjoyed seeing Seinfeld on WWH but I just really thought it was odd for him to be on a catty girls' show. I don't mind that he was doing some schtick on the show - I'd have missed it if he hadn't done it! And I liked that he got annoyed about the "Housewives Ref" schtick that Andy initiated and said so. Sometimes it's okay to behave like Jerry Seinfeld, especially if you happen to be Jerry Seinfeld.

By the way, I thought he was right not to mention where he eats - it's different if you happen to be in a place and spot a celeb than if you hang around the place for the purpose of spotting that celeb. Too bad for the restaurant, though - would be great publicity & great business for it!
    I really liked Jerry on this "episode," too. I've always liked his sense of humor, and I think it's all in good fun. I don't see him as being arrogant or full of himself at all. I think he and Andy are such good friends that he felt comfortable teasing Andy the way he did. In my opinion, that's all it was. I think he spoke his true opinion of the show, but I also think he knew he could play it up a bit. I don't remember him saying anything "bad" about SATC 2 movie that someone had mentioned, but I could have missed it. I, also, totally agree with you that it was fine for him to not mention his favorite diner. I've heard other celebrities decline to answer similar questions, and I totally get it. No offense to anyone who thinks otherwise.

I totally agree, too, with his not mentioning the name of the restaurant.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3917341;
    Bethenny probably got it ... Jill wouldn't accept it and told the tv that Jerry isn't a friend of hers ... Kelly thought it was directed at everyone but her because SHE'S UP HERE and they're down there ... Lu wondered who made Jerry Seinfeld God ... Ramona got Mario to challenge Jerry to a tennis match ... Alex and Simon laughed and sent him their book ... and I don't know Sonja and Jennifer well enough to decide what they did.
    Jennifer is probably wondering what he did with his puffy shirt, and Sonja recalled with a smile the night she spent with a young comic from Brooklyn before he made it big.

Perfect!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I remember Kathy Griffin on her stand-up recalling when she was doing the "Evil-Jerry" episode and was having an Emmy party and wanted to have Jerry write a note to the attendees but Jerry was having a bad day and rebuffed her but at the end of the day obliged and was nicer the next day (did that make sense?). Well, maybe he was having an "off" day (you know these creative "genius" types, they're moody).
    Anyways, I didn't find anything wrong with Jerry's guesting. He was just being Jerry Seinfeld. And there was some truth to what he was saying. No biggie.
    Last edited by watts; 05-30-2010 at 10:18 PM.

FORT Fogey

I thought Jerry was funny. But, there's something about him that says to me don't get on his bad side.

+ Reply to Thread