+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree286Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Yeah, my mom needs to be my support and soft place to fall, not a source of driving me crazy.

Did anyone see the cast of Downton Abby on last night? It was pretty funny.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I recorded it, started watching it, and deleted before I was finished. Every now and then there is an episode where I think Andy behaves like the characterization that SNL used to rip him apart a few years ago, and this was one of them. It seemed like way too much of the show was focused on what Andy thinks of Downton Abbey, and didn't highlight or focus on the guests. It annoyed me so I quit watching.

Yeah, that's true about this episode being about Andy self indulging himself as a fan, however, I think those guests were quite shell shocked. Except for the one guy sitting in front, they didn't seem to be very comfortable. And on that show it moves so fast that there isn't much time to get people warmed up. You really have to run with it. So, I give him a pass for doing it that way. I do know what you mean though.

Brandi Granville was on last night. A caller called in and asked Brandi if she was concerned about her kids seeing her act the way she does. She said no and that her kids were doing fine. Okay. She's certifiable...
    momrek06 likes this.

FORT Fogey

What else is she supposed to say in a situation like that? Would it be better if she said "Yes. I act horribly and I'm a bad role model for my children. THye will probably turn out messes and it will all be my fault"? There are some questions that I think are asked on a show like WWHL for no purpose but to attack the person being asked, and there is no acceptable answer to those questions.
    GabbyG and norealityhere like this.

Maybe I would agree however she thinks what others say about her will bother her kids. Well guess what Mommy your kids may not say it but how you act and are having an effect on your kids. So Brandi needs to get over herself. If I act a fool my kids will think its ok so Brandi can just suck it!
    momrek06 and lilymax like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

That's a fair point. You're right - Brandi should extend the same consideration to others that she wants for herself and that means leaving her kids out if it.

Brandi has willingly whored her life out to make money and gain fame. Not saying she is the only one, we know they are all doing it, and they all have their reasons. However, anybody with kids needs to understand that the things they do are likely to have some kind of effect, especially when we are talking about somebody like Brandi, who readily admits to being slutty and acts like it. I want to make clear that her swearing doesn't offend me that much, although I do find it a bit excessive in certain circumstances. It's her personality. She's just ugly from the inside out. She is now proving this by playing Head Troublemaker, probably at Bravo's urging. I find this somewhat evil in intent. It looks as though Brandi is being used to set up Lisa, and instead of the other women backing Lisa (their old friend), it looks as though they will all be having a go at her and siding with Brandi, whom i have always regarded as a trashy interloper. Lisa is not perfect nor is she an angel, however i do not believe for one minute that she is as deliberately cunning and smart, nor as evil-intentioned as Bravo and Brandi would have us all believe. I don't quite know how to explain this, but I think Lisa has an odd naivety when it comes to some emotional situations. She seems to not quite get the idea someone is trying to put across and not to understand the effects of some of her own words. i don't believe it's faked. YMMV.

I was quite disgusted and horrified to see the direction the show took last night. I say burn the witch (Brandi) at the stake and clean up the show. Only kidding about witch burning, oooooh Carlton wouldn't like that would she? Speaking of Carlton, I did get that when Kyle called her anti-Semetic, it hurt her because of something from the past. But she takes things too far herself, and she disliked Kyle from Day One. Kyle sometimes has a harsh way about her and says things in a way that others don't take well. But I don't think she has bad intentions and I think she would try to get along with most people. Kim seems to be developing a nasty habit of imitating Lisa which is very uncool if you ask me. I just can't help but think Bravo encourages some of these senseless dramas between these women. And for the life of me, I will never understand why these women did not boot Brandi's ugly butt out of their little circle from the first. It amazes me that they are actually siding with her. I'm disgusted by it all.

ETA: I apologize for writing such a long post and in the wrong thread as well. I should have put this under RHBH but as I wrote I got carried away.
    Last edited by lilymax; 02-11-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    momrek06, Moontat and Debb70 like this.

Good points. And I wonder why Jenny McCarthy seemed to agree with Brandi. Uggghh....
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Jenny has always come across to me as the kind of woman who agrees with anything she hears that SOUNDS good. If she's moved emotionally by an argument, she'll agree with it. She does that on The View all the time. She'll even reverse her opinion on the same issue mutiple times depending on who says something and how compelling it sounds. So if she's sitting next to a woman and feels good about what she's saying, she'll agree without giving it much thought.
    momrek06 and MsDiva2007 like this.

+ Reply to Thread