+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

FORT Fogey

Re: Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3916883;
    What the f*** was Jerry Seinfeld doing on WWHL??? And don't you think Jerry Seinfeld was thinking the same thing? Doesn't the man OWN NBC or something - who on this planet has to make Jerry Seinfeld appear on a catty girls' show? Tsk, tsk, to borrow Jerry's joke: "You're gonna go on that gossipy girls' show? Watch what happens!"
    Andy is friends with Jerry. Actually, Andy is pretty well connected in NY. Most (if not all) of the people Andy has on the show are friends of his, and also well known New Yorkers. To me, it's kind of fascinating -- I always wonder what a party would be like with all of them together.

I agree that Jerry did not hold back his thoughts on the Housewives franchise!

What were the results of that poll?? My dvr cut off just as he was about to announce it ...!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

79 % yes
    21% no

Thank you! Another definite answer from the viewers. Catch a Clue, Jill.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Andy said it's normally skewed more, so looks like Jill has some sympathy out there. His words. (I agree with you!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3911812;
    I'm wondering how the other girls will treat Kelly now, especially on the reunion.

And will Andy have the guts to go for it? Do not let her skate on the hard questions. She's stating she didn't have a breakdown, okay, then go from there.
    I don't know if I have the energy to watch Kelly's video, but the thing is, she'd be far better off in the public's eyes if she said she had a breakdown. Then her looney behavior could be somewhat justified and the public may have an ounce of sympathy for her.

I do believe Kelly is actually a very smart woman - in the academic sense (she went to Columbia, right?).

What i am inclined to believe is that she has led a very insular life. She's traveled the world and met all sorts of "fabulous" people, but beyond that circle, she is absolutely hopeless.

I just remembered something tonight...what ever happened to her plagiarized owl jewelry design collection?

It was bugging me, the way that Jerry Seinfeld kept talking over Andy. I felt bad for him but JS did say a couple of things that were right on the mark. He asked why these women were on TV and made some comment about them not being actual celebrities! I loved it. He seemed so disgusted with the whole mess. I wish that I could remember his actual quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3917185;
    It was bugging me, the way that Jerry Seinfeld kept talking over Andy. I felt bad for him but JS did say a couple of things that were right on the mark. He asked why these women were on TV and made some comment about them not being actual celebrities! I loved it. He seemed so disgusted with the whole mess. I wish that I could remember his actual quotes.

I thought I was the only one to notice that about Jerry, but I'm afraid that I didn't like it as you appear to have. I thought he was rude to Andy, even said Andy was unprofessional. He was too full of himself to me and I finally changed the channel.

I normally LOVE Jerry Seinfeld. He is normally so funny and really personable. I don't think he wanted to be there last night and it showed. Liam Neesom is a much bigger star IMO and he was nothing like Jerry with his "who are these people" comments. I mean you have a right to think that, but must you insult the focus of the show if you are a guest?

Plus, he was so full of himself that he refused to answer a question as to his favorite restaurant in NY. He could have said, he has several and that he really likes A, B, and C. But no, he has to say that he can't name it because if he does he will be bothered with fans when he dines there. What? Is he that big of a star? Fans bother him while he's eating? I think the restaurant could take care of that kind of thing. Paul McCartney, George Clooney and Justin Biever manage just fine when they dine. LOL He sure was full himself and it didn't look good IMO.

I guess it just hit me wrong. I wish I hadn't seen any of it, because it put a bad taste in my mouth for Jerry.

OH, I almost forgot. Jerry also had to bad mouth Sex and the City, the movie. Why? Sarah had just been on. What was the point. Is he jealous or something. He was a jerk IMO.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-28-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3917286;
    I thought I was the only one to notice that about Jerry, but I'm afraid that I didn't like it as you appear to have. I thought he was rude to Andy, even said Andy was unprofessional. He was too full of himself to me and I finally changed the channel.

I normally LOVE Jerry Seinfeld. He is normally so funny and really personable. I don't think he wanted to be there last night and it showed. Liam Neesom is a much bigger star IMO and he was nothing like Jerry with his "who are these people" comments. I mean you have a right to think that, but must you insult the focus of the show if you are a guest?

Plus, he was so full of himself that he refused to answer a question as to his favorite restaurant in NY. He could have said, he has several and that he really likes A, B, and C. But no, he has to say that he can't name it because if he does he will be bothered with fans when he dines there. What? Is he that big of a star? Fans bother him while he's eating? I think the restaurant could take care of that kind of thing. Paul McCartney, George Clooney and Justin Biever manage just fine when they dine. LOL He sure was full himself and it didn't look good IMO.

I guess it just hit me wrong. I wish I hadn't seen any of it, because it put a bad taste in my mouth for Jerry.

OH, I almost forgot. Jerry also had to bad mouth Sex and the City, the movie. Why? Sarah had just been on. What was the point. Is he jealous or something. He was a jerk IMO.
    I didn't say that I liked the way that he acted. I only said that I liked a couple of his comments (2% of the time). I thought that he was a huge jerk!(the remaining 98%). I can't stand comedians who feel the need to always be "on". It's the same thing that Robin Williams always does and it drives me crazy. If these guys want to do stand up, then do stand up but if you're on a talk show, talk! Don't do a monolog. I felt really bad for Andy. Jerry seems to have gotten very full of himself and it wasn't endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3916883;
    What the f*** was Jerry Seinfeld doing on WWHL??? And don't you think Jerry Seinfeld was thinking the same thing? Doesn't the man OWN NBC or something - who on this planet has to make Jerry Seinfeld appear on a catty girls' show? Tsk, tsk, to borrow Jerry's joke: "You're gonna go on that gossipy girls' show? Watch what happens!"

On the other hand, I just thought it was great to finally see someone who thinks the housewives are bogus and to be pretty upfront about it. Imagine how the housewives are gonna feel when they hear a genuine celeb/powerhouse say they're not actually celebs and that they're just another NBC comedy!!!
    The same people own both channels.

I was cracking up when Jerry went on about the "faux fame" these people grasp at.
    I think most of these women are so overly impressed with themselves that they won't even think about the fact that he was totally dissing them.
    As far as Seinfeld, though.... While I did love the Seinfeld show, he's not someone I would enjoy meeting or spending time with. I do get the feeling he's just as haughty as his TV character is. While it's funny on a TV show, I don't necessarily enjoy it in real life. In his defense, though, I didn't mind him speaking out against these characters. They are pretty over the top about their own faux celebrity.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 05-28-2010 at 02:23 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread