+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3403Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I sent a pm .... I don't think we can post a link ??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3543181;
    Where can we watch the All My Children/Josh Duhamel vid?

I don't know if we can provide links, so just google her name and All My Children, and a number of websites will come up.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3543200;
    I sent a pm .... I don't think we can post a link ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3543239;
    I don't know if we can provide links, so just google her name and All My Children, and a number of websites will come up.
    Thanks!
    lol. It's like they just sat her down and said, "Okay, just act like yourself for 5 seconds."
    Josh is adorable as always

She looked like a normal human being.
    Awkward.

I went to see Transformers yesterday just for Josh. He's super adorable.

i think the dad lives somewhere close to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3540482;
    I respect your opinion but still have a differing one. On Dina's blog(Bravo) she wrote that what ever it was it involved two people who did not sign on for the show. Nothing ever came of it so she just wanted to forget it. Although now you got me thinking(never a good idea) maybe it had something to do with Caroline and Dina's Mother and still something to do with Lexi. Do you know where Dad lives? Not going into attack mode...just wondering.
    Also, AngloAm was right on with her synopsis of the R&K appearance. Try as he might Jerry O' Connell just could not drag it out of them. As was written before the most they would say is it wasn't a hit or anything like that.

FORT Regular

I was finally bored enough today to watch the reunion shows (parts 1 & 2 back-to-back) & was distracted by the set & over-editing. It appeared the footage was pieced together; for example, someone’s surprised reaction seemed edited in (& often repeated), not a genuine response to the actual conversation. The ethereal setting was certainly a stark contrast to the harsh personalities of the housewives.

Although still wondering the reason any of these supposedly wealthy women agreed to participate in a reality show, expose their family’s privacy, & behave in such a manner, I’m also attempting to determine which housewife is the most delusional – Danielle for thinking she can escape her past & be accepted by this group; Jacqueline for forging her independence amongst her extended family; Teresa for imagining herself as “classy” & “fabulous;” Dina for projecting herself as innocent & above the fray; & Caroline for portraying her dysfunctional family as ideal & herself as its matriarch.

Danielle is undeniably a trainwreck, but at least she owns it, acknowledges her flaws, & pledges to learn from her mistakes. She needs therapy to cope with her past & learn to form healthy relationships. However, she still may be the cleverest of the housewives, choosing to listen, offer few facial expressions, & speak only when a question was directed to her during the reunion. This strategy allowed her to remain consistent with/support her character as portrayed throughout the season, avoid confrontation, & show the audience the others’ characters. Despite being the target for the malicious gossip during the season, she was the only one to apologize (even if just lip service or the sake of the camera).

Jacqueline, seated between her sisters-in-law, seems uncomfortable & distracted. I feel that Bravo’s decision to replay the miscarriage footage was inappropriate & unnecessary. Given her upcoming due date, she is clearly hormonal, physically miserable, & understandably has more important concerns. It seemed obvious with her reaction to whether she & Danielle were still friends that she had been devoting time to her pregnancy & preparing for the baby, not the show’s drama.

Teresa’s ignorance is staggering. With relatively few words spoken throughout the reunion, she managed to create a new word “cleanziness,” feebly attempt to defend her dh’s obviously gay slur (“he’s so gay”); call anyone who suggested her dh’s “expression” was offensive, including the host, “stupid;” suggest Dina’s assistant’s sexual orientation on national tv (“isn’t he gay anyway?”); discuss her “bubbies” & her intimate marital relations yet again; etc. However, the most ironic to me was that she, who has discussed her body parts & sex life ad nauseam, screamed obscenities, & flipped a table in the presence of children at a public restaurant as filmed for national tv, stated that Danielle was “drama, drama, drama!” Pot meet kettle.

Dina is still lame & a narcissist. As stated before, I think she & Danielle clash because they are too much alike – gold-diggers, attention-seekers, manipulators, materialistic, appearance-conscience, etc.; of course, the biggest difference is that Danielle, not Dina, actually owns it. Dina acts as though the entire book scandal is about her. She relished in Danielle’s apology, but didn’t reciprocate & never took responsibility for delightfully gossiping about its contents to friends & family. Further, her & Caroline’s account of the salon book reveal only proves that Caroline produced the physical book. The salon employees/patrons had to have been told the book existed in order to ask Caroline about it or know she had a hard copy. Did Dina, who was admittedly at the salon before Caroline arrived, inform everyone of the book’s existence, content, & that her sister had a copy? If so, IMHO that would make her the person who spread gossip around town, while Caroline provided the book as proof. Throughout the season & again at the end of the reunion show, Dina refuses to reveal or discuss the alleged lies &/or actions against her that began & continues to fuel her animosity for Danielle. IMHO this makes Dina’s story incomplete & lack credibility.

Caroline continues to look foolish speaking over & on behalf of others. She clearly uses her family as an excuse for poor manners & behavior. She’s like a toddler who doesn’t understand that her siblings can befriend others & still love her; instead, she wants to be the only friend/most important person in their lives. As stated above, without discussing the actual reason for the animosity (whatever lies &/or actions Danielle committed against Dina), Caroline's rant lacks credibility. I’m still puzzled how someone whose FIL was a known mobster (despite her arguments otherwise), whose dh’s best friend faced federal charges at the time of filming, who supports her son’s aspirations to own a carwash/strip club because “it’s not illegal,” & who needs an attack dog for security could be so outraged by a single arrest of an acquaintance 25 years ago! Likewise, I found it hypocritical that a person who proudly accepts responsibility for revealing, spreading rumors about, & judging someone’s past based on a third-person account in print feigns outrage that actual reports of her FIL’s murder surfaced (especially after introducing the Brownstone as a multi-generational family business on the show) & embarrassment that her mom & MIL will see the finale & reunions & hear the rumors.

Combined with Dina claiming it unfair because extended family members didn’t sign up for the show & some of the grandchildren didn’t know about their FIL’s untimely death, I find the Manzo sisters pathetic. If so concerned about the bystanders, why didn’t they consider Danielle’s daughters, family, or friends who may not have known about her single arrest half a lifetime ago, the book author, or dh's first ex-dh who didn't sign up for the show while viciously spreading rumors all over town & national tv? Oh yeah, because it didn’t concern THEM…

Off to catch-up on FORT's reunion comments.
    Last edited by *angela; 07-07-2009 at 05:37 PM.

FORT Fogey

Wow, Angela; well summed-up and I agree with your insights about Danielle; she's the only person who apologized and is far less dramatic than overwrought Caroline or cashed-up babygoil Theresa, for whom "drama drama drama" merely means "an instance of somebody disagreeing with me" compounded with "I feel uncomfortable because I don't understand why they may be right."

In her marble mansion Theresa commits no wrong that cannot be cleared up with a fat stack of hundreds and a roll in the hay with ole wozzisname with the overactive sex drive.

I would love to be around when ole wozzisname realizes that Theresa only wanted him for two things, his wallet and ... his ... erm ... natural gifts, but doesn't give a cr*p about him otherwise. The wailing and gnashing of teeth when her act no longer works to distract him from her essentially predatory nature, when her pretense at being 'culchured' and 'clessy' falls in shards around her feet and cannot be put together again, when she can no longer mostly suppress her canine snarling and shut her gutter mouth, will be quite a thing to witness. Joe (for that's wozzisname's real name) - the friend to gaylords everywhere - will look at the years and stacks of hundreds wasted and reflect, quietly, "well, at least she was a good lay."

Just before he has her rubbed out.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3551670;
    Wow, Angela; well summed-up and I agree with your insights about Danielle; she's the only person who apologized and is far less dramatic than overwrought Caroline or cashed-up babygoil Theresa, for whom "drama drama drama" merely means "an instance of somebody disagreeing with me" compounded with "I feel uncomfortable because I don't understand why they may be right."

In her marble mansion Theresa commits no wrong that cannot be cleared up with a fat stack of hundreds and a roll in the hay with ole wozzisname with the overactive sex drive.

I would love to be around when ole wozzisname realizes that Theresa only wanted him for two things, his wallet and ... his ... erm ... natural gifts, but doesn't give a cr*p about him otherwise. The wailing and gnashing of teeth when her act no longer works to distract him from her essentially predatory nature, when her pretense at being 'culchured' and 'clessy' falls in shards around her feet and cannot be put together again, when she can no longer mostly suppress her canine snarling and shut her gutter mouth, will be quite a thing to witness. Joe (for that's wozzisname's real name) - the friend to gaylords everywhere - will look at the years and stacks of hundreds wasted and reflect, quietly, "well, at least she was a good lay."

Just before he has her rubbed out.
    Wow, that was brutal ..but ITA with everything you said!

and let's not forget about her "cleanziness" phobia...
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

ITA, angela, nice job on summizing RHoNJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3552970;
    and let's not forget about her "cleanziness" phobia...
    Ya, that really was pretty ignorant the remark about not wanting to live in a house someone else has lived in................whattttttttt tttttt.

+ Reply to Thread