+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 804 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3430194 View Post
    how so?

it's a tv show. it's entertainment. not an example of how women everywhere conduct themselves. they are not a representation of me in any way.
    This show is a very small slice of the lives of a very small group of women of Italian heritage who live in New Jersey. They can't & don't represent anyone other than themselves. [I'm a woman of Irish descent who lives in New Jersey & I assure you that nobody would mistake me for any of the women on this show. No better or worse, just different.]

I expect we''ll have the usual RH heroines & villains, along with their men, children & neverending semi-scripted drama. Not sure if I'll be watching, but if I do it will be with the expectation of nothing other than the chance to yell @ the TV & have a few laughs.

my point exactly . . . . . this is entertainment. i mean without the drama, who would even bother watching?

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3430373;
    This show is a very small slice of the lives of a very small group of women of Italian heritage who live in New Jersey. They can't & don't represent anyone other than themselves. [I'm a woman of Irish descent who lives in New Jersey & I assure you that nobody would mistake me for any of the women on this show. No better or worse, just different.]

I expect we''ll have the usual RH heroines & villains, along with their men, children & neverending semi-scripted drama. Not sure if I'll be watching, but if I do it will be with the expectation of nothing other than the chance to yell @ the TV & have a few laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917;3425505;
    They already went lower...with the Atlanta show.

This one has about as much to do with NJ as the Sopranos did.

In fact...it wouldn't surprise me if David Chase has a hand in it...as it seems to be a spin off of that show.

And just like the Atlanta show...this one isn't worth my time. What a trainwreck...and an embarassment to women everywhere.
    IMO, none of the women on any of the RH shows can embarrass, represent or humiliate anyone but themselves. The only ones that suffer from watching them are them themselves, their friends and their families, and anyone that has an issue with them being on t.v. can always change the channel. JMO.

Seems the reunion may be done as a 2 hour special over 2 nights.
    Jill of The Real Housewives of NY: Kelly Needs to Go! | Reality Tea.. Absolutely cannot wait!
    Last edited by SassnSauce; 05-01-2009 at 02:01 PM.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Ok I may be in the minority but I like almost all of the women except for the one living in the house she can't afford. The one that wants someone to help her, help yourself. I love how Caroline feels about her family I come from a tight family also. I think the family dynamic will be what makes this show.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fan

So far I'm not super impressed or entertained.
    I like Theresa with her daughters.
    I don't care for Dina or Jaqueline's daughters.

Ok I don't get why some women like danielle are so afraid to be alone? I would rather be alone than with some loser. I can do bad on my own I don't need company.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Danielle says that "you either love me or hate me....there's no in-between" Well, I guess I'm the exception to that. She certainly comes across as someone I'd have nothing to do with but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen a few more episodes. I do wish "Gucci Model" had shown up.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 05-13-2009 at 03:24 AM.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3447769;
    Danielle says that "you either lover me or hate me....there's no in-between" Well, I guess I'm the exception to that. She certainly comes across as someone I'd have nothing to do with but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen a few more episodes. I do wish "Gucci Model" had shown up.
    Probably was Joey Buttafucco,lol.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3447772;
    Probably was Joey Buttafucco,lol.
    Maybe but I think she's a bit too old for him.
    CYA

Based on the first epi these women aren't so bad. Except for Danielle. Who would have phone sex with a guy you've never seen before for 2 years, don't know his real name and then go meet him? That's crazy! Good thing the guy stood her up, he was probably a murderer or something.

+ Reply to Thread