+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 756 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188588 ... LastLast
Like Tree2708Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;3528551;
    I wish I knew what Danielle did that Caroline can't get over. Based on what was said at the reunion and the Bravo blogs, I'm thinking that maybe it had to do with Dina and Caroline's FIL and how he was murdered because Caroline didn't seem to mind talking about it and Dina didn't want it discussed. MDy guess is that Danielle almost help to leak information to reporters, maybe even a tabloid for money. Since the blog talks about Danielle being involved with giving one of Dina's exes a phone number, I'm thinking that maybe the phone number was to a tabloid reporter. It's very possible that the reunion was aired out of sequence, where they didn't specify what Danielle did that was so terrible b/c they were hoping not to talk about the FIL, but then Andy brought it up anyway. I think time will tell. These things never seem to stay quiet.
    I wondered too - Caroline distinctly says that it was 'disgraceful' which to me points to something a 'low' person would do, but not something illegal (like a mob hit!). Also it was directed at Dina directly, not Caroline, which I might think would rule out discussing Tiny Manzo's being stuffed into a Lincoln.

(Did anyone find it odd that Caroline was shocked that Danielle was surprised that Danielle's book came out, but horrified and irritated that the details of Tiny's dispatching did. I mean - it wasn't unknown to her or the police department, and apparently only a fool wouldn't figure on one's past being dragged out.)

I think that Danielle tried to help Dina's ex get custody of Lexi by providing some sort of 'dirt' on Dina. But it never happened, and Dina can afford to be so forgiving (seeming more so on TV than in her blog!) because now the dirt's done and dusted and in CPS's records and she's unassailable.

Danielle was clearly lying when she said she had 'no idea' what Caroline was talking about. I mean come on!

Danielle refers in her Bravo Blog to giving "a phone number to [Caroline's] ex brother-in-law to contact proper people with questions that he had concerning something that was absolutely none of my business. I was asked to give this information to him. If I had to do it again, I would have declined and preferred not to get involved. But I think my minimal involvement did not justify Caroline's behavior towards me."

Caroline's ex-brother-in-law is a cagey way of saying Dina's ex-husband.

The proper people could possibly the proper authorities.

Otherwise it's needlessly obscure and oddly phrased.

That's just my $0.02 (before tax).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3526750;
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think that Caroline is the drama queen and she is definitely trouble. The look on her face when Dina was being forgiving told it all. Almost as if she felt like she's losing control. Who and the heck cares what her mother feels -- they are the ones who created it. I think she uses the "family" as a guilt tool. Remember that she hates everyone until she learns to like them. She made a fool of herself and certainly showed her colors (again).

If they all get together next season, perhaps they'll make the characters interesting and not so violent. Wouldn't be surprised if Caroline "changes" or we can be exposed to a season of Caroline vs. everybody because of Danielle. Gawd, where are those horrible Orange County housewives when you need 'em?
    About now is when I start to think "why can't they all just get along?"

I noticed one thing about Carolina - she's very dramatic. She could wring lurid meanings and brave baroque undertones out of a recital of the phone book.

And if she's so worried about what her mother(in law?) feels then maybe she should have given some thought to how Tiny's untimely demise would be dragged up and through the media based on her deciding to go on a 'reality' show.

She cannot face up to her own actions and escapes from that by controlling everyone else's.

Oh, and Caroline: Bernard Kerik is disgraceful too. Disliking everyone (!) before you are handed on a silver platter a reason not to is not normal.

Am I missing something or wasn't this already discussed. Apparently the girls were angling for more pay from the producers of the show and hired an attorney to negotiate a better deal on their behalf. They were all (including Danielle) supposed to chip in to pay for the attorney fees but Danielle refused saying she was going to hire her own attorney. She never did and the attorney wound up negotiating a much better deal for all of them. When Dina called and asked Danielle to pay her half I think she refused saying she never intended to have that attorney represent her? I believe it was something along these lines,but you can bet BRAVO won't go public with this info. If I didn't read this here then I apologize, it must have been the OTHER website.

I cannot stand Danielle, but I must say she looks better with those hair extensions.

She is not as "Joan Rivers" to me now. Anymore surgery, though, she'll look like the gal who's face resembles a cat.
    Yuk!

misslada....your post is exactly what I was trying to say when I was talking about her expressions and whatnot when she was saying she wants what they have ....it was the cold, calculating eyes that really got to me. They were so devoid of any emotion that it was scary. Excellent observation.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3528759;
    About now is when I start to think "why can't they all just get along?"

I noticed one thing about Carolina - she's very dramatic. She could wring lurid meanings and brave baroque undertones out of a recital of the phone book.

And if she's so worried about what her mother(in law?) feels then maybe she should have given some thought to how Tiny's untimely demise would be dragged up and through the media based on her deciding to go on a 'reality' show.

She cannot face up to her own actions and escapes from that by controlling everyone else's.

Oh, and Caroline: Bernard Kerik is disgraceful too. Disliking everyone (!) before you are handed on a silver platter a reason not to is not normal.
    The "why can't they just get along" quote has run through my mind too. Those women are batcrap crazy.

I really do believe Danielle has very real mental/emotional issues. It makes me wonder what kind of psychological evaluations they do, if any, before signing someone on to one of their shows. They obviously want to have people that will speak their mind, but it has to be painful to hear what people who you think are your friends are saying behind your back. Even someone with a healthy ego must find it jarring.

I agree with your comments about Caroline. I find her to be the queen of drama way more than any of the other women, with Teresa coming in second, but I find her more to be the type that uses drama to seek attention. Caroline, on the other hand, crushes people that get in her way with dramatic flair.

(ROFL at your phone book reading comment)

I am so sick of the book thing...I hope they don't ever bring it up again! It's so over!

Kiz

Probably the biggest unsuspecting winner in this whole deal is the author and publisher of the book. (He's even getting publicity for a book he has coming out in the fall.) I bet he has a 1,000 unsold copies the sitting in his basement and gathering dust. Time to remake the book jacket to ride on the RHONJ tailwind and get those babies in the bookstores because the 15 mins of fame is ticking away.

Although I like Caroline, it's apparent that she's controlled by fear. The guard dog, the overprotectiveness of her family, the fact that she seems overly threatened by Danielle, which ironically just gives Danielle more power. I'd hate to live like that.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound;3528910;
    Am I missing something or wasn't this already discussed. Apparently the girls were angling for more pay from the producers of the show and hired an attorney to negotiate a better deal on their behalf. They were all (including Danielle) supposed to chip in to pay for the attorney fees but Danielle refused saying she was going to hire her own attorney. She never did and the attorney wound up negotiating a much better deal for all of them. When Dina called and asked Danielle to pay her half I think she refused saying she never intended to have that attorney represent her? I believe it was something along these lines,but you can bet BRAVO won't go public with this info. If I didn't read this here then I apologize, it must have been the OTHER website.
    I thought that couldn't be it though - how is that enough to have Caroline go bananas and call it 'disgraceful' unless she really is unhinged?

+ Reply to Thread