+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 765 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185585 ... LastLast
Like Tree2847Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3525307;
    We're all entitled to our opinions.

Caroline stated more than once that there were problems between Dina and Jacqueline before Danielle entered the scene. She never placed all the blame with Danielle.
    I may be wrong but I seem to recall Caroline minimizing the problems ("there was some mmmh mmmh mmmmh" like little tiffs") but whe Danielle shut her up to hear from Jacqueline, Jacqueline admitted that the bad blood didn't start with Danielle doing <whatever it was she did to Dina>.

I rerewatched Part I and watched II twice and what I keep seeing is the split between the constant statements that we're this big thick happy stick together family and how this one is not talking to that one and that one won't have anything to do with the other and one punched her SIL and J and Dina were friends but had bad blood and everything. It's like there are two different Laurita families - the one Caroline talks directly about, all close and hugs-for-all and the one that they all wind up admitting is riven into opposing camps, divided by animosity and quarrels.

I would think that a truly tight thief-thick family would not have been able to be broken apart by an outsider like Danielle, unless the cracks and fissures were there already under the pretty wallpaper that had been used to cover them up.

I mean honestly, is it really realistic that eight? nine? some huge number of children would all be all smiles all the time and never see things differently?

It appears to me that Caroline has a lot of investment in the idea of being a matriarch of some big enormous brood and cannot STAND the idea of that being so - so rather than examining the family dynamic she tries to shove all the blame for her disillusionment onto Danielle, onto external sources of trouble. She feels the dissonance between what she needs to be true and what is actually true and fights to minimize it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3525344;
    I just tried to find a video clip of that confrontation, but couldn't find it, to refresh my memory. My take on the situation was that either Andy or Danielle asked Jacqueline if she (Danielle) was the reason Dina and Jacqueline stopped talking. Jac tried to answer several times, with Caroline jumping in and talking over her. Caroline tried to place the blame on Danielle's shoulders, while admitting there were other issues between Jac and Dina. Finally, Danielle said that she would like to hear the answer from Jacqueline, and at that point, Jac said the problems between she and Dina were not a result of anything to do with Danielle. I do remember someone saying that Danielle was the straw(etc), but I think it was Caroline. I don't think Jac ever agreed to that.

This board is interesting to see how we sometimes see things differently.
    Emphasis added. I think actually Jacqueline actually and specifically denied that Danielle was a straw.

I just watched Dina and Tommy's wedding (thanks Kiz), it gave me a new insight into Dina. She appears to be the spoiled youngest sibling of a big family that married "well". I don't doubt that her husband loves her but Dina is not his first priority. I couldn't believe he was in the kitchen ordering everyone around at his own wedding before he and Dina even entered the reception. I don't know why she chose that dress, it made her look matronly..it was more appropriate for an older woman...she had such a cute figure...and she never changed for the reception which I found odd.
    Anyway...back to the reunion....I really want to know what it was that pissed Caroline off so much. I am wondering if Danielle threatened to expose details about one of Tommy's affairs or maybe Dina had one herself. Who knows...but I sure can't wait to find out.
    Although I feel sorry for Danielle after hearing about her childhood, I can't stand her. She looked very old last night, even with all the botox..her face is dropping...can't stop gravity even with botox....and those SPOK eyebrows!!! Who ever told her that looked good must hate her!

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3527328;
    I may be wrong but I seem to recall Caroline minimizing the problems ("there was some mmmh mmmh mmmmh" like little tiffs") but whe Danielle shut her up to hear from Jacqueline, Jacqueline admitted that the bad blood didn't start with Danielle doing <whatever it was she did to Dina>.

I rerewatched Part I and watched II twice and what I keep seeing is the split between the constant statements that we're this big thick happy stick together family and how this one is not talking to that one and that one won't have anything to do with the other and one punched her SIL and J and Dina were friends but had bad blood and everything. It's like there are two different Laurita families - the one Caroline talks directly about, all close and hugs-for-all and the one that they all wind up admitting is riven into opposing camps, divided by animosity and quarrels.

I would think that a truly tight thief-thick family would not have been able to be broken apart by an outsider like Danielle, unless the cracks and fissures were there already under the pretty wallpaper that had been used to cover them up.

I mean honestly, is it really realistic that eight? nine? some huge number of children would all be all smiles all the time and never see things differently?

It appears to me that Caroline has a lot of investment in the idea of being a matriarch of some big enormous brood and cannot STAND the idea of that being so - so rather than examining the family dynamic she tries to shove all the blame for her disillusionment onto Danielle, onto external sources of trouble. She feels the dissonance between what she needs to be true and what is actually true and fights to minimize it.
    "Thief-thick family" -- that's hilarious.

OK, did is miss the part (that they showed in scenes for the reunion) where Caroline says that she hopes her BRAVO family has the guts to show something. I watched both shows and never saw it. What was it or was I up raiding the ice box?

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3527668;
    OK, did is miss the part (that they showed in scenes for the reunion) where Caroline says that she hopes her BRAVO family has the guts to show something. I watched both shows and never saw it. What was it or was I up raiding the ice box?
    I was going to ask that question too. It was such an odd comment, and I was waiting to hear it as well. Maybe it'll show up on the next installment of lost RHONJ footage.

On the Bravo web site there are some bonus clips from the reunion shows. One of them is Andy asking Danielle about two elite modeling agencies contacting Bravo about her oldest daughter. Then he makes a remark to Teresa about how she's been trying to get her daughter in the business and how it just seemed to fall into Danielle's lap. It was a bit mean of Andy, and I had to wonder if he didn't do it to get back at Teresa for the "gay" comments.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3527249;
    I'm sure it would but it would be (in this example) your decision to let it do so.
    I can't imagine anyone being okay with a friend/family member/spouse/whatever who remain friends with someone who is spreading false rumors around about them.

The fact that Jacq did -assuming she knew/heard the rumors and knew they weren't true- says a lot about how she values her relationship with her in laws.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3527378;
    I just watched Dina and Tommy's wedding (thanks Kiz), it gave me a new insight into Dina. She appears to be the spoiled youngest sibling of a big family that married "well". I don't doubt that her husband loves her but Dina is not his first priority. I couldn't believe he was in the kitchen ordering everyone around at his own wedding before he and Dina even entered the reception. I don't know why she chose that dress, it made her look matronly..it was more appropriate for an older woman...she had such a cute figure...and she never changed for the reception which I found odd.
    Your welcome, it really was interesting to get a different perspective of the family, and to see that there really is a Tommy. I didn't like the dress on her either. I thought it looked matronly as well.

Wasn't it funny that they splashed on the screen that the wedding was well over one million dollars ( on the VH1 wedding show). I think it's pretty obvious that they must have gotten a lot of freebies and major discounts, given their business. But then, for Dina, on the reunion show, to be so quick to say the wedding didn't cost anywhere near that amount made me laugh. I want to know just how many discounts they received. They were throwing those huge figures around while knowing they weren't paying anywhere near those costs. There's no doubt, that they paid handsomely for the wedding regardless of the discounts though.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3527705;
    I can't imagine anyone being okay with a friend/family member/spouse/whatever who remain friends with someone who is spreading false rumors around about them.

The fact that Jacq did -assuming she knew/heard the rumors and knew they weren't true- says a lot about how she values her relationship with her in laws.
    There's no doubt in my mind that the Danielle situation played only a small role in the problems between the women. The fact that Chris (Jacq's husband) is in partnership with one of the family members that has been estranged from Dina and Caroline for over ten years must cause a major strain on all their relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3527668;
    I wondered about that, too.
    I'm thinking the reunion part 2 ended very abruptly last night, so perhaps they'll announce a reunion part 3 lost footage. I'm hoping they also address just how that book made it to the "last supper." At the start of the reunion, Andy mentioned they'd address it, but then they did not.
    I also wonder just what it was that Danielle did / said that Dina could forgive, but that Caroline seemed to feel was so egregious.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread