+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 756 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast
Like Tree2705Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I went to high school in South Jersey.

I loved NJ. For being such a small state, it is extremely diverse - geographically and socially. While Newark is pretty gritty, the vast majority of the state is quite green, and there is quite a bit of farming and horticulture in the southern portion of the state. It is called "The Garden State", but unless you travel south and a bit to the west, you'd never know it by what is shown on TV and in the movies.

The thing I loved most about NJ was the fact that you know exactly where you stand because people call it like they see it - at all times.

NYC is very much the same way (parents lived in Manhatten for many years). Direct and to the point.

This shouldn't be mistaken for being rude. Nice people; just direct.

Now I'm in Minnesota (land of Minnesota "nice") where nothing is quite as it seems. I just learned that MN is number 10 in the country for mortgage fraud.

FORT Newbie

At the tail end of the preview, after the table turnover, am I mistaken or is there a shot of one of the wives struggling with her husband and he has his hands wrapped around her throat? I haven't been able to catch the show again to double check. I'm inclined to think I mistook what I saw because I'd think the boards would be lit up with angry posts and there is no mention anywhere I've looked. I know it shocked and angered me when I saw it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Martine540;3421772;
    At the tail end of the preview, after the table turnover, am I mistaken or is there a shot of one of the wives struggling with her husband and he has his hands wrapped around her throat? I haven't been able to catch the show again to double check. I'm inclined to think I mistook what I saw because I'd think the boards would be lit up with angry posts and there is no mention anywhere I've looked. I know it shocked and angered me when I saw it.
    What would we do without TIVO? I just reran that scene in slow motion, and here's what I saw: It is the same wife who turned over the table -- The struggle happened immediately afterward -- and she is being restrained by a man and a woman. The man (who doesn't look like her husband -- but I could be wrong) is holding her under her arms, and the woman is pushing her backward -- with her hand up near her face or neck. It's hard to see (even in slow motion) because it isn't too clear, and goes by in a milisecond.

FORT Newbie

Thanks Imperfect1, I don't know if I'm going to watch this particular train wreck, I find the men totally unappealing and the women too obvious to be interesting. But at least Bravo hasn't stooped to spousal abuse to get ratings.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Jersey? Lmao! How low can they go.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3425365;
    Jersey? Lmao! How low can they go.
    They already went lower...with the Atlanta show.

This one has about as much to do with NJ as the Sopranos did.

In fact...it wouldn't surprise me if David Chase has a hand in it...as it seems to be a spin off of that show.

And just like the Atlanta show...this one isn't worth my time. What a trainwreck...and an embarassment to women everywhere.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3410912;
    Now this is interesting......The father-in-law of both Caroline and Dina was murdered 16 years ago in what is thought be be a mob-related "hit"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/09/nyregion/09bernie.html?ref=nyregion
    Caroline and Dina both look as hard as nails. They come across as little more than dolled-up guttersnipes. Really really vulgar and unpleasant.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3421240;
    I went to high school in South Jersey.

I loved NJ. For being such a small state, it is extremely diverse - geographically and socially. While Newark is pretty gritty, the vast majority of the state is quite green, and there is quite a bit of farming and horticulture in the southern portion of the state. It is called "The Garden State", but unless you travel south and a bit to the west, you'd never know it by what is shown on TV and in the movies.
    I love southern New Jersey. My partner and I go to Lambertville for the weekend many times. It's nicer than New Hope (i.e., you have a fighting chance at a parking place!) and the galleries are great to wander through. We've found some great 'pieces' (pretentious, I know) there - unique glass pieces and some paintings and collages. The countryside around there is really pretty and the villages could be in New England. We often go from there down to Cape May and/or Wildwood (only off season) which are also stunning and very gracious (CM) or stuffed with doo-wop architecture (WW). There's a hotel in Somers Point that gives great deals. I don't like Atlantic City much.

I really wouldn't mind living in any of the towns in southern New Jersey. I've not been north much so I can't say about there. But I do love southern NJ.

FORT Fogey

Teresa (the supergreedy woman with the 'juicy' husband and the Quattroporte) is really quite amazingly horrific. Why she'd be proud of dressing up her children like pederasts' love dolls is beyond me and beyond defense. She compounds it by making them dance in pseudo-sexualized suggestive manners more appropriate to burlesque. Clearly for this women appearance is everything, because she has nothing else. I honestly don't think I could bring myself to even acknowledge her presence.

Jacqueline (the transplant from LV) seems the only decent one in the whole unpleasant bunch.

Dina looks like a hard calculating b*tch with an eye on the main chance. And I loved how her kitchen table wobbled when her daughter leant on it. That's a carefully decorated house.

Danielle is a whore. Her sluttiness and lack of self-respect are not flaws but job prerequisites.

Caroline (Dina's sister) seems to have abandoned femininty at an early age. Now that's she's spawned her one good son (Albie) and the sleazeball-in-training (Christopher) I'm suprised she hasn't hacked off her breasts to stop them getting in the way when she pulls out her gun.
    Last edited by AngloAm; 04-30-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Hit 'save' early by mistake

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917;3425505;
    and an embarassment to women everywhere.
    how so?

it's a tv show. it's entertainment. not an example of how women everywhere conduct themselves. they are not a representation of me in any way.

+ Reply to Thread