+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2864Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Regarding Teresa and Joe's kids --- this may be totally off the wall, but aside from the heartbreak of having their parents go to jail, which I acknowledge, is it possible that the kids may have a BETTER life if they end up with someone relatively normal. . . and moral! Maybe it will actually be GOOD FOR THEM, and maybe they'll learn some positive values. Let's face it, those girls are nightmares.
    The Prison system is full of children with supposedly relatively normal people as parents who have morals. Those girls love their parents and imo would not be better served to have them snatched from them like this. We have streets teeming with murderers,rapists and other people who need to be locked up before someone like the Guidice's! Let them work to repy their debts while being out and able to teach their children that this is what happens when you do something like stealing you have to repay your debts. Not langusih in a prison taking up space that belongs to a serial Killer.

I find nothing at all in this situation to happy at all when children are losing parents who do love them!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    The Prison system is full of children with supposedly relatively normal people as parents who have morals. Those girls love their parents and imo would not be better served to have them snatched from them like this. We have streets teeming with murderers,rapists and other people who need to be locked up before someone like the Guidice's! Let them work to repy their debts while being out and able to teach their children that this is what happens when you do something like stealing you have to repay your debts. Not langusih in a prison taking up space that belongs to a serial Killer.

I find nothing at all in this situation to happy at all when children are losing parents who do love them!
    For the sake of argument and reasonableness, let's just say Juicy and T DO love their girls. And I really don't believe that any of us here have said that we think that they don't, IIRC.

OK.

Whether or not they DO love them, facts are facts:

Had they NOT engaged in the behaviors that they did and have, then voluntarily chosen to put their lives out in the public arena for any and all commentary and/or observations that might come their way as a result of said behaviors, we wouldn't be dissecting the situation as it exists for them at this juncture. Said situation being the very REAL possibility that one, or BOTH, will be going to jail. Add to that the VERY real possibility that Juicy may be deported once he's finished cooling his heels in the Greybar Hilton.

And Juicy's going to the slammer, at least --- barring some out-of-left-field surprise from Upstairs, that is --- is pretty much almost a guaranteed given.

And for T, it doesn't look as though she may be prancing around free in Louboutins, either, for awhile, after the dust settles in court.

So, whether or not they DO love those girls, THEY are the ones who've put them in the position they are in now of the question being raised as regards just who it is that's going to be responsible for raising them while their parents are in jail.

And yep, given the behaviors and mouths we've seen out of those girls on RHONJ, I, for one, have to say that I really do believe that they might be better served in the long run by having to be raised by adults other than their parents.

I mean, for example, I all too clearly remember Teresa, in a PI, saying that she wanted to be Milania's "biffle" (i.e., BFFL, i.e., Best Friend for Life).

WTF?

My jaw hit the floor.

She was talking about a 12-year-old that she gave birth to. Maybe it's just me, but I was raised in an old-school manner, wherein we were told in no uncertain terms: "I'm NOT your friend, I'm your PARENT. Get THAT straight, and KEEP it straight!"

Like they say, if you play with a puppy, it'll lick you in the mouth.

And frankly, Milania has, for all intents and purposes, licked Teresa in the mouth on more occasions than I care to remember --- on NATIONAL freaking TV! --- right now.

Which wouldn't've happened, I think, if Teresa'd been a PROPER loving mother instead of trying to be her daughter's BFFL.

I have to side with Imperfect1. Those four girls ARE nightmares, to put it nicely. And who else created those nightmares, but the parents, Joe and Teresa, that were and are responsible (right now, at least) for raising them?

So, happy, that these girls may get a chance to be straightened out/turned around by other adults while their parents answer for all the foolishness they've done that has led the whole lot of 'em to the point that they are now, love them, or NOT??

Yep, I am.

For Milania, the straightening-out/turning around just may wind up being a day late and a dollar short.

For the others, maybe not.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 07-06-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Are you suggesting, MsDiva, that people who cheat others out of money should face no consequence? Then everybody would find a way to do it. We keep a civil society by making laws everybody has to obey. And if you get caught cheating and harming others, you go to jail! (I hope they deport Joe too, just as they would any other non-citizen convicted of felonies!) They were greedy to have more, and to seem to be more successful than they could afford by honest means, so they consciously, deliberately lied and cheated to defraud others out of money.

If I were caught doing what they did I would be in jail. Why not them? How would they ever pay back $7 million in bad debt that was fraudulently obtained? That isn't likely given that they couldn't earn that kind of money honestly in the first place. And why would they stop? Joe continued driving through 47 suspensions of his license, so that leads me to believe that he'll continue to break the law until you make him suffer consequences.

If those children can have a few years being raised by responsible adults who can keep their lives private and set some moral boundries, then they will have a better chance in life. They've been first exploited, and then shamed, and now abandoned by their parents. They are children and deserve better.
    ness, Lizard, Imperfect1 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Are you suggesting, MsDiva, that people who cheat others out of money should face no consequence? Then everybody would find a way to do it. We keep a civil society by making laws everybody has to obey. And if you get caught cheating and harming others, you go to jail! (I hope they deport Joe too, just as they would any other non-citizen convicted of felonies!) They were greedy to have more, and to seem to be more successful than they could afford by honest means, so they consciously, deliberately lied and cheated to defraud others out of money.

If I were caught doing what they did I would be in jail. Why not them? How would they ever pay back $7 million in bad debt that was fraudulently obtained? That isn't likely given that they couldn't earn that kind of money honestly in the first place. And why would they stop? Joe continued driving through 47 suspensions of his license, so that leads me to believe that he'll continue to break the law until you make him suffer consequences.

If those children can have a few years being raised by responsible adults who can keep their lives private and set some moral boundries, then they will have a better chance in life. They've been first exploited, and then shamed, and now abandoned by their parents. They are children and deserve better.

ICAM, and it COULDN'T'VE been better said!

Lizard, momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I said no such a thing What I said was We have people who have murdered people roaming the streets. I want them in Jail before someone who has not done so. What does putting them in Jail do? It doesn't pay off the debt and frankly its not going to teach them anything other than some new scams to pull. I say make them work their debt off and only let them have enough funds to raise their children until that debt is paid.

Maybe I care alittle more about the well being of the kids than being happy some reality tv star gets thrown in the slammer when we have real dangerous people roaming the streets in any case I find nothing to cheer about with being torn apart on tv for the enjoyment of others. I mean way to many people seem to be getting a thrill out of a family being busted up. I am still waiting for my friends murderer to go to prison but hey lets fill the prisons up with non violent offenders.
    Jexter, momrek06, lilymax and 2 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, the largest numbers of non-violent incarcerated offenders are minorities from our American ghettoes who get tripped up on drug possession charges and serve time, usually destroying future employment chances, and keep them in ghettoes. As long as we have these marginalized citizens who have no chance at achieving the American Dream (that they see on TV every night) , we will have non-violent drug crimes that have filled our penitentiaries with minorities. Those ghettoes also produce the violent criminals. But as long as we live in our comfortable communities, we don't realize our country is destroying itself from within as we contribute billions to corrupt countries that don't deserve our help.

My middle, bipolar, son has used crack and meth for years, (as a great many bipolar people do to try to manage highs and lows) and has never seen jail. He is white! (Thankfully he has been clean for several years now.)

I'm not too worried about Tre and Juicy who will be sent to a "white collar crime" country club prison. They will be fine. Maybe they'll have some time to reflect on their misdeeds and on the harm they've caused to those who they have cheated. Doubt it though. They've shown no remorse. They never will.

The United States has by far the highest percentage of incarcerated citizens of any country in the world. China doesn't come close, nor does Russia. And the overwhelmingly high percentage racial makeup of our citizens incarcerated is Black or Hispanic. Let's not worry so much about the Guidice grifters and their unfortunate children. They don't deserve our pity. Lets spend those misspent billions to get rid of ghettoes in the US and bring all of our citizens into a place where they can work for and aspire to the American Dream.

Fat chance that's gonna' happen! But, please don't tell me those Juidice criminals deserve sympathy or leniency for what they've done. They were both raised with hope and opportunity and chose crime. I care more about those born and raised without hope or opportunity. Raise them up with help and offer opportunity and our shameful prison population percentage will decline and we will be a better society.
    chenoa333 and Fo'Realz? like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I said no such a thing What I said was We have people who have murdered people roaming the streets. I want them in Jail before someone who has not done so. What does putting them in Jail do? It doesn't pay off the debt and frankly its not going to teach them anything other than some new scams to pull. I say make them work their debt off and only let them have enough funds to raise their children until that debt is paid.

Maybe I care alittle more about the well being of the kids than being happy some reality tv star gets thrown in the slammer when we have real dangerous people roaming the streets in any case I find nothing to cheer about with being torn apart on tv for the enjoyment of others. I mean way to many people seem to be getting a thrill out of a family being busted up. I am still waiting for my friends murderer to go to prison but hey lets fill the prisons up with non violent offenders.
    I understand the need for law and order. I also understand the need for freedom. The longer I live, the more I believe that the legal system is out of control and pretty soon we won't be able to shop for groceries without pre-shopping education or licensing or something. Don't get me wrong...I understand it all.

Not that any of my personal sentiment applies to T&J directly, but...

I haven't been following their case with great detail, and I couldn't really weigh in with an opinion accordingly, but my belief is that jail time is not the answer to all crimes for many reasons, and I support alternative means of punishment and/or restitution when/where possible.

In T&J's case, sending them to jail won't do anyone any good beyond sending a message to other white-collar criminals. As Miss Diva said, it's not going to get people back their money. And if T&J are obligated to pay people back, then it only delays their ability to do so and it puts a hefty tax burden on the state and country by adding two more people to our jails. There has got to be a better, more meaningful way so that T&J don't become even greater burdens on society.

White collar thieves don't spend that much time in jail: "Joe, 43, faces up to 46 months in jail while his wife, Teresa, 41, faces up to 27 months."

So Joe would be in jail for two years or so and Theresa a year? That's not much of a sentence. People have a better chance getting repaid by filing liens on the house if they can. I do not know if there is homestead protection.....Or was that the scam, to put the money in a place it could not be touched.

The white collar thieves around here are very low scamming money out of people. The Guidices could not be that different. Joe probably needs to go to Italy.

Family break up pity? It seems that greed was the thread that really held that couple together. Wasn't Juicy cheating on T? But that is overlookable in the financial scheme of things.......That is what they have taught their girls.
    Last edited by Lizard; 07-07-2014 at 03:48 AM.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post

Very well said! I agree with you 100%!
    Punkin, ness and momrek06 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I understand the need for law and order. I also understand the need for freedom. The longer I live, the more I believe that the legal system is out of control and pretty soon we won't be able to shop for groceries without pre-shopping education or licensing or something. Don't get me wrong...I understand it all.

Not that any of my personal sentiment applies to T&J directly, but...

I haven't been following their case with great detail, and I couldn't really weigh in with an opinion accordingly, but my belief is that jail time is not the answer to all crimes for many reasons, and I support alternative means of punishment and/or restitution when/where possible.

In T&J's case, sending them to jail won't do anyone any good beyond sending a message to other white-collar criminals. As Miss Diva said, it's not going to get people back their money. And if T&J are obligated to pay people back, then it only delays their ability to do so and it puts a hefty tax burden on the state and country by adding two more people to our jails. There has got to be a better, more meaningful way so that T&J don't become even greater burdens on society.
    Even by going to jail they are still going to have to repay the money back. They are going to lose their mansion because they are underwater on it. So basically what you are saying is as long as they didn't kill someone then they should go to jail????
    Punkin likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread