+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3449Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Jacqueline is not coming back either? I knew Carolyn wasn't -- wow...I thought I read that some new girls were coming onto the show to spice it up.

Bankruptcy over, 'Real Housewives' stars Teresa, Joe Giudice still owe $13.4 million | NJ.com

By Vicki Hyman/The Star-Ledger
    on April 09, 2014 at 2:55 PM, updated April 09, 2014 at 4:48 PM

It's the end of an era: The bankruptcy trustee overseeing Joe and Teresa Giudice's finances has submitted his final report, which says the couple only satisfied $7,500 of their debts and still owe $13.4 million to their creditors, who can once again pursue the couple for repayment.

That was on hold while the case wended its way through the bankruptcy system and while the Giudices fought a massive federal indictment alleging, among other things, bankruptcy fraud. (They pleaded guilty in March to several counts of financial fraud.)

The "Real Housewives of New Jersey" couple filed for bankruptcy in 2010, blaming the recession's impact on Joe Giudice's construction business, but when John Sywilok, their court-appointed trustee, alleged that the couple had hid assets and income, Joe Giudice in 2011 invoked the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination and agreed to a settlement in which the court denied discharge of his debts. His wife later followed suit.

Since then, Sywilok has sought to satisfy creditors via the Giudices' homes and possessions, but they were mostly financed to the hilt. According to the final report, Sywilok had been able to secure $15,000 from the couple instead of seizing and selling off their own household goods and furnishings, but most of that went toward bankruptcy administrative fees.

The couple's outstanding debts include $5.4 million to Wachovia, $1.7 million to the Community Bank of Bergen County, $1.3 million to Dime Savings Bank, more than $500,000 to the New Jersey Division of Taxation, and more than $386,000 to the Internal Revenue Service, according to the report.

"They are going to owe whatever they owed, as if they had not fought bankruptcy," says Ronald LeVine, a Hackensack bankruptcy attorney unconnected with the case. "They're completely stuck with their debt."

The couple's financial fraud case appeared to be triggered by the 2009 bankruptcy filing, although in addition to bankruptcy fraud, federal prosecutors alleged the couple also defrauded banks in order to obtain mortgages. They will be sentenced July 8. Joe Giudice faces a recommended sentence of 37 to 46 months, while Teresa Giudice faces up to 27 months.

"It was a terrible decision to file for bankruptcy," LeVine says. "They might have gotten away under the radar otherwise."
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 04-12-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    Punkin likes this.

And I just keep remembering Teresa pulling out a wad of hundreds at the furniture store to pay for thousands of $ worth of gaudy furniture for her McMansion. Well, she'll have those memories to keep her warm in The Big House. I have no sympathy for those con artists.

I have to wonder if this is the end for the RHoNJ franchise? Caroline Manzo has her own Bravo show coming up later this year, though I can't imagine having any interest in watching her family.
    Uncle David and GabbyG like this.

FORT Fogey

Zoinks.

They are forever ruined. So very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Zoinks.

They are forever ruined. So very sad.
    And they have no one to blame but themselves. I really feel sorry for the smaller businesses they have conned that have to write off their losses.
    Jexter, Uncle David and GabbyG like this.

FORT Fogey

Lesson learned for others I hope.
    Punkin likes this.

So wait a second, these 2 yahoos get to keep their 3 homes, gaudy furniture & designer duds??? I guess I must be doing something wrong by actually paying my bills...sigh! Geeze...

I too am Manzoed-out so I will pass.
    Punkin likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Oh, well.

Shame ON 'em.

You play, you PAY.

Karma is a BITCH.

I'll DEFINITELY be looking/listening out for where the chips are gonna fall for T and Juicy on July 8. And like most others, I think I've got at least a fairly good idea of just where that might be!

But as for the NEXT RHONJ season? Count me OUT on that. AND count me out on the Manzo TV show dealie-thingy, too. God bless the Manzos for sailing their ship into different waters. But Yours Truly will NOT be along on the ship for the ride.

Too bad, so sad for T and Juicy.

They're getting their just desserts.
    Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

No ... not anymore.

They lost all bankruptcy protection and now everything they own is up for grabs. The real property are probably already in foreclosure, personal property, including Teresa's designer duds, jewelry and furniture will be auctioned off and, if behind with their leases, cars reprocessed.

Here's a link to the trustee's final report that includes a list of what they own.

http://amradaronline.files.wordpress...resafinalb.pdf
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 04-20-2014 at 01:23 AM.
    Punkin likes this.

Sweet Jesus.

Wonder if Juicy ever called up Poison to demand those tools back that he says he never got?

Hmmmmm.

Maybe NOT?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread