+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post

KatesMom . . .

If the Devil ACTUALLY had YOU for his advocate, he'd be UPSTAIRS riding a cloud and strumming a harp (most likely one of those small Irish ones, maybe!) right NOW!
    Well, that was a fun analogy, Nessie! You're at the top of your game tonight with that and the chicken thing! :>)

Notice, though, that the feds had sooooo much on them that they had to drop their 'not guilty' nonsense, admit their guilt, and cop a plea. Saves us taxpayers a bunch of $$$ by avoiding a trial. But why, oh why, such a lenient plea deal??? The feds could have gotten a much better deal with what they had. And you can see that the defense team is still going to try to keep Tre out of the hoosegow with some sort of house arrest deal 'cause she's the best mom ever! I hope that does not happen. I want them to suffer, just as I have suffered by getting to know and despise them on their phony TV show. They were stooooped criminals to flaunt their crimes on national TV. (Remember Tre furniture shopping in season 1 and pulling big bucks off a big roll to pay for it?) I wanted them both to serve more time. Hurt the little girls? I didn't break the law and put their children in jeopardy and give them a 'Scarlet Letter' to follow them through their much too exposed lives like their felonious parents. The damage there is already done and they might be better off being raised by other relatives for the next several years.

And the question remains for me - why do I even care?

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Well, that was a fun analogy, Nessie! You're at the top of your game tonight with that and the chicken thing! :>)

Notice, though, that the feds had sooooo much on them that they had to drop their 'not guilty' nonsense, admit their guilt, and cop a plea. Saves us taxpayers a bunch of $$$ by avoiding a trial. But why, oh why, such a lenient plea deal??? The feds could have gotten a much better deal with what they had. And you can see that the defense team is still going to try to keep Tre out of the hoosegow with some sort of house arrest deal 'cause she's the best mom ever! I hope that does not happen. I want them to suffer, just as I have suffered by getting to know and despise them on their phony TV show. They were stooooped criminals to flaunt their crimes on national TV. (Remember Tre furniture shopping in season 1 and pulling big bucks off a big roll to pay for it?) I wanted them both to serve more time. Hurt the little girls? I didn't break the law and put their children in jeopardy and give them a 'Scarlet Letter' to follow them through their much too exposed lives like their felonious parents. The damage there is already done and they might be better off being raised by other relatives for the next several years.

And the question remains for me - why do I even care?
    Why, THANK you, Punkin!!!!

It's ALWAYS nice to be appreciated!!!!!!

Those two liars having to drop their "Not Guilty!" bull because of how the Feds'd basically duct-taped their mouths and tied 'em to chairs with everything they'd dug up on them over the course of the past 13/14 years?

OH, yeah!

When I read that, I IMMEDIATELY got a flashback to WWHL when they were on, sitting there saying they'd done nothing wrong and would plead "Not Guilty"!

Please.

SMH.

And, like you, I'm STILL SMH over that almost-UNBELIEVABLY lenient plea deal that was cut. The ONLY good thing about that, is that I seem to recall reading somewhere that the JUDGE is NOT bound by the particulars of the deal.

If that IS, indeed, the case, we can ONLY hope that the judge uses her eyes, ears and common sense and sends T "away" to the pokey for at LEAST a two-year time out so she can sit there, make car tags, or --- since she's the "Skinny Italian" queen --- work in the kitchen making and serving up bologna sammiches and "continue to take responsibility for her decisions".

Hell, I'm PRAYING the judge EXTENDS those two years!

SUUUUURE, her defense team is gonna try to get a house-arrest deal thingy for T. That's what they're paid (?!?) for and getting major international face time for.

But then again, I sure DO remember clips of T pulling out that wad of cash for the furniture.

Please.

And as far as being a MOM goes?

DOUBLE please.

Yep, after all that's transpired on national TV with these idiots and their kids, anybody in their right mind can CLEARLY see that Teresa does not even come CLOSE to being a candidate for "Mother of the Year". Sure, those kids need to be raised by OTHERS. But then again, the damage that's been done to them so far is going to make for a tough --- damn near impossible, perhaps --- row for somebody ELSE to have to try to hoe, I think.

Yep, count me in for wanting them to answer and suffer for their crimes.

Hell, if that was ME, I SURE would have to.

And that'd only be right, and fair.

Send 'em BOTH "away" for at least a decade, or two, and throw away the key, as far as I'M concerned.

As for why we care . . .

Speaking strictly for Yours Truly . . .

This show has painted a very real, very CLEAR picture for me that "all that glitters ISN'T gold"! Frankly, it's served to make me grateful for the fact that while I may NOT be living in a McMansion, trotting around in Louboutins, doing book signings for adoring fans, rolling in pots of money, etc., my little life AIN'T so bad, after ALL. I'M not acting a fool for all the world to see (flipping tables in a public restaurant, anybody, for starters?), in order to keep the houses, the dough, the clothes, the cars, and whatever else, rolling in. I'M not seeing my dirty laundry splashed from sea to shining sea (and BEYOND!) each week. I'M not jumping my husband (who CLEARLY is NOT interested!!!!) in a vineyard in broad daylight, with cameras, mics and our friends within earshot and close proximity to "prove" how "hot" we are as a "couple".

And so on, and so forth.

And for THAT, I am TRULY grateful!

So yep, THAT'S why, I suppose, I care, and continue to follow the bouncing Guidices.
    Punkin, Prism, Imperfect1 and 2 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Personally, I think it would be a jail sentence in itself to be saddled with the care of those ill-mannered children. I say make T live with her own mess. She and Joe created those little monsters, so at least one of them should have to take care of living with what they have created.
    Punkin, Prism, Imperfect1 and 3 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

No...they did the crime together so they should do the time together. Oh I remember that shopping trip when she pulled out those $100 bills & say they always pay cash which is now a lie.
    I think their time on RHWNJ is over. On WWHL Jeff Lewis mentioned Teresa & Joe and the plea Andy, in not so many words, indicated they would not be returning.
    Punkin, ness, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

The Feds might have more hours invested in this case than the Joodice scammers will spend behind bars. Kinda makes me sick; we're paying for it, and looks like they'll get away with light sentences. Hoping not.
    Punkin, ness and elleprn like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

General thoughts . . .

shay . . .

I totally, completely, ABSOLUTELY get what you're saying re T (most likely) and/or Juicy having to ride herd on and be made to suffer the consequences of living with those heathens they created. Frankly, though, MHO is that they've done more than enough damage, far as those girls go. Gia may not even be saveable by ANYONE, at this point. far as I can see, or tell. Matter of fact, I think I might've said it before, but perhaps it bears a repeat:

It wouldn't surprise me at ALL to hear about/see those kids running Juicy and T down the middle of the road, later on. OR see their mugshots (complete with numbers under their chins) popping up on the national nightly news.

So, far as the kids go . . .

Tempting though it would be to let T (most likely) reap what she's sown in terms of having to live/deal with the results of her/their "parenting" of those kids, it would --- to me, at least --- be even worse for them to have to continue to suffer more of that questionable "parenting" and be set loose on an innocent, unsuspecting world, sooner, or later.

Me?

I agree with Bunny:

" . . . they did the crime together, they should do the time together."

I mean, to me, facts are facts:

Seems like they weren't thinking long-term or at ALL about what the ramifications would be on their entire family --- ESPECIALLY THEIR CHILDREN! --- when they STARTED this bull way back when. OR when they decided to put the whole lot of 'em up for public perusal by agreeing to DO this show in the FIRST place (after having ALREADY made stupid, irresponsible choices that they thought WOULDN'T come back and bite them in their asses later on).

So why, oh WHY is Teresa bleating NOW about "protecting" her kids?

Teresa Giudice Keeping Kids "Protected" After Guilty Plea, Thanks Fans - Us Weekly

Sounds a LOT like being a day late and a dollar short, to moi.

BTW, if you've a mind to, hit that link in the article that references T stepping out in her PJs a couple days after their court appearance this week.

The woman doesn't seem to know the meaning of "STOP THE MADNESS!"

SMH.
    Punkin, Prism and Imperfect1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I suppose they broke the law and have to suffer the consequences. I'm not fan of either in general, but I'm glad the sentence wasn't terribly stiff. Neither are very bright and neither are mean people who set out for personal gain at the expense of others - at least not deliberately. I'm sure they knew they were screwing the banks, but they probably never clued in to how that kind of stuff affects average consumers.

The junk that came up about Jacqueline and her husband seemed to me to be far more egregious (and pretentious) AND knowingly hurtful to others (in terms of unpaid debt).

I find Jacqueline and her husband to be phony and kind of ugly on the inside. I don't think the same about Teresa and Joe. Gross but not ugly.

...just my very humble perceptions - which I'm sure are vastly different from those of most people.
    Kiz and sparklete like this.

Thing is, the "junk" you're referring to was a legitimate business bankruptcy after the market turn. Like Teresa and Juicy, Jacqueline and Christopher were sued by lenders contesting the bankruptcy. Unlike Teresa and Juicy, there was no fraud involved and the bankruptcy went through.

Although the press of recent only mentions bank creditors, Teresa and Joe also screwed over mom and pop businesses.

Regardless of when Teresa will be serving time in prision, I think the upcoming season of RHONJ that has just wrapped will be her last.
    Punkin, ness and GabbyG like this.

If Teresa was so concerned about her children, pray tell, why is she giving interviews to US & being featured on the cover??? How does she think she can keep this from her kids....daddy is on a vacation & when he comes home Mommy is going away! Her kids are old enough & smart enough to access the internet. Even if they took away all computers & cell phones, most of these girls go to school, those kids can read it & talk about it or is she home schooling them now.

Did Teresa & Joe worry about their kids when they threw $30,000 birthday party for Gia? they did that together. I am sorry but there has got to be hundreds of thousands if not more parents of young children both doing prison sentences. Why are these 2 any special? They should be thanking their lucky stars they aren't doing 20 years apiece.
    Punkin, ness, GabbyG and 1 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

EXCELLENT posts, ryansmommy and Bunny!

ICAM, and what the both of you said couldn't've been better broken down and/or stated!

+ Reply to Thread