+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2848Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Just a thought here - this was the feds going after them. In my experience (not personal, thank God), federal actions take a lot longer going forward. That is because the feds do A LOT of digging and building a case BEFORE they bring the charges. So while it may take longer, in my experience, once the feds do bring charges against you - you are going down because they have already spent years building their case and making sure it is airtight. That's how the feds finally got the former mayor here in Detroit. They tried to get him in state court on other things before that, but it never stuck. Once the feds finally brought charges, they were big and we knew he was going down. And he did. The Guidice's crimes are also paper trail crimes (like corruption and racketeering with our wonderful mayor), so it takes a lot of time to get all the paperwork and stories in a row. My guess is that they were on the feds radar for years. The TV show may have actually sped things up, because the stupid things they said and did on camera that gave the feds added ammunition.
    THANKS, KatesMom!

Gotcha, understood.

Even though this is going to sound as though I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth --- and truth be told, yep, I AM! --- I've got to admit that I CAN actually appreciate that the Feds DO put things under a microscope as they do, and move at a snail's pace.

Make sure all their ducks are in a row, so to speak.

And, even though (at this point, anyway) it appears that T and Juicy are ONLY going to be in the slammer for 2/3 years --- despite the 50-some-odd counts for pretty much everything but damaging the kitchen sink that were levied against them --- I also have to woman up and admit that them getting SOME jail time is better than NO jail time at all.

My (personal) axe to grind --- and what has me heated up as hot as a biscuit rising in the oven about this --- is that, careful and meticulous as the Feds are in ensuring the particulars of their cases are addressed and accounted for BEFORE charges fly, I'm a regular Joe (or, JOSETTE!). I absolutely CANNOT help BUT feel that if the people involved here WERE regular Joes (or JOSETTES!), Feds or NO, they would've been cooling their heels in the Greybar Hilton a long, LONG time ago!

And yep, I say that knowing that you're absolutely RIGHT in your thought. After all, facts are facts:

The Feds smelled smoke and started sniffing in behind T and Juicy even BEFORE they were stupid enough to call public attention to their ignorant selves by appearing on RHONJ. They waited it out, and kept storing their nuts away for the winter.

So yep, they're goin' DOWN!!!!!!!!!

I STILL wish the Feds could/would move faster, though!

Can't HELP it!

Punkin and elleprn like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I hope that there will be a large fine levied along with the jail time.
    Punkin and elleprn like this.

THIS link is the kind of thing that just burns my grits . . .

AOL.com Article - Mom, dad, daughter accused in $7M shoplift spree

Yep, according to the Secret Service (NEVER figured out just why, if they're supposed to be so SECRET, everybody knows about 'em!), these slicksters did this for TEN YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

And T and Juicy did THEIR dirt for, what?, 13/14 years?

Shoot, I'll even let 'em slide with TWELVE years!

Please.

I can --- to a POINT! --- see the Feds making sure that a case is airtight . . .

But, DAAAAAAAYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM MMMMMMM!
    elleprn likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    THANKS, KatesMom!

Gotcha, understood.

Even though this is going to sound as though I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth --- and truth be told, yep, I AM! --- I've got to admit that I CAN actually appreciate that the Feds DO put things under a microscope as they do, and move at a snail's pace.

Make sure all their ducks are in a row, so to speak.

And, even though (at this point, anyway) it appears that T and Juicy are ONLY going to be in the slammer for 2/3 years --- despite the 50-some-odd counts for pretty much everything but damaging the kitchen sink that were levied against them --- I also have to woman up and admit that them getting SOME jail time is better than NO jail time at all.

My (personal) axe to grind --- and what has me heated up as hot as a biscuit rising in the oven about this --- is that, careful and meticulous as the Feds are in ensuring the particulars of their cases are addressed and accounted for BEFORE charges fly, I'm a regular Joe (or, JOSETTE!). I absolutely CANNOT help BUT feel that if the people involved here WERE regular Joes (or JOSETTES!), Feds or NO, they would've been cooling their heels in the Greybar Hilton a long, LONG time ago!

And yep, I say that knowing that you're absolutely RIGHT in your thought. After all, facts are facts:

The Feds smelled smoke and started sniffing in behind T and Juicy even BEFORE they were stupid enough to call public attention to their ignorant selves by appearing on RHONJ. They waited it out, and kept storing their nuts away for the winter.

So yep, they're goin' DOWN!!!!!!!!!

I STILL wish the Feds could/would move faster, though!

Can't HELP it!

First of all, I just have to say that ness, you can paint a picture better than anyone on here!!

I will play devil's advocate here - what if they moved faster and didn't have an airtight case and the Guidice's walked? Think about how much more damage they would be able to do. And I know it is hard to understand and be ok with (I don't like it either), but in order to build the case, they have to stay under the radar. If the criminal thinks they are on the feds' radar, they start closing up shop and doing things differently and then the case goes away. So even though it totally sucks for those being scammed (and you will get no argument from me that it totally sucks), the feds need that to happen to make their case as airtight as it is. That's why when the feds bring crimes it is usually a lot of counts (like the 41 here) - by the time the feds bring charges, the bad guys (or girls) have done A LOT of bad stuff!!
    ness likes this.

I'll be more impressed when they throw the book at murderers of child and people. Murderers walking free but hey we have all these people locked up tight.
    lilymax likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The solution to getting tickets is to stop doing STUPID stuff. It's just sooo unnecessary.

Of course, if you are too stupid to live and learn, then you get what you deserve.

The offender does not have my sympathies.
    The Guidices were supremely stupid to go on a tv show given what they'd been up to. I have to wonder what kind of IQs we're dealing with here. These two can't be very bright. Of course, you're talking about tickets and what they've done is a lot worse than getting a traffic ticket. Alas, it seems Joe at least has plenty of those as well.

I've not had a ticket in a while; but the last one really sucked. I drive a 1988 (OLD) sports car, and it's not in great shape. The driver's side window refused to operate one day and no matter how I've tried I've not been able to get it to roll all the way up. So we were having our summer monsoons and I taped up some plastic to protect the interior and also to keep from getting bugs and bees in there (I would have an accident if a bee or wasp was in the car with me, probably...come close a couple times). You could totally still see clearly from all windows because it was a small gap I was covering. I could see clearly from my side view mirrors as well. No problem, right? Wrong!! One of our local men in blue (although I believe it's really black) apparently was feeling mean that early morning, and he ticketed me for "obstructed windshield". My windshield had nothing to do with it, but when I questioned the judge about that, I was told "that's just the way the law was written". Hmmm. Ok. So he says I will come out there and look at it with you and out we went. I showed him my car. He was rather old and rickety himself sorta like my car, lol, and wore thick glasses. He pointed to some streaks left by clear tape I could barely see which were not in the way of any mirrors, and told me I needed to correct that. Well, I said "correct what? I'm sorry your Honor, but I don't know what you see here that needs correction". "You need to get that clear tape off the window here and here and there....try using a razor blade, that might work". In the end, he decided I was sort of guilty but he would defer/dismiss if I brought it back and showed him there was no problem in 30 days, and paid court costs. I was really pissed off because this was petty, but what can you do? So back I went end of the month and a court secretary said the judge didn't need to come look, she could do it. Since she looked and didn't even see anything at all, she said the case was closed and I could go. She seemed puzzled. Later on, I got a bench warrant because I failed to follow the instructions, which I did not. Nobody could figure out who had looked at the car or where my paperwork was. Turns out they said the warrant was really for the unpaid court costs, and I could take care of that over the phone so I did not have to appear again. But I'll tell you something about this weird little town...the cop I got the ticket from had a normal, semi-short neat haircut. A regular guy 'do. So did the cop who had ticketed me a couple years earlier for a seatbelt. Any cops I remember have always had normal haircuts. But every single time I have had to appear in court, these guys show up with their heads shaved completely bald. I noticed that a couple years ago. I've wondered if that's common everywhere, or if these guys are part of some little secret society or something, lol. I can't say why exactly, but it creeps me out.

I hate to burst anybody's bubble, but some cops don't tell the truth in court. And around here, it's just well known that if you dispute a ticket in court, the judge is going to believe the cop and not you. The city must collect its revenues so that they can use more of our money to repave our bumpy streets every summer only to have them in horrible shape again by winter. I'm not going to get started on that right now, though....and to top it all off the piece de resistance (sp?): that cop who ticketed me last insulted me by taking my license, looking at it, and then looking hard at me before demanding rudely "is this REALLY YOU? You don't look anything like this picture!!" Moron! I was about ten years younger in that picture! I said to him in a very low voice, because I was at the point where I was losing my temper, "I am sure you can see that the woman in that picture is indeed me". After that he went away, but when I saw his bald head in that courtroom I seriously wanted to tell the judge that they need to train these officers to have respect for their elders...needless to say, they are much nicer to women when they are young and still pretty than when we've aged a bit. I find it disgusting how little respect they seem to show middle aged women.

Wow, sorry this post is so long! But yeah, it's pretty clueless to bomb around town doing 85 mph and breaking traffic rules when they can really soak you on those tickets!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Your post wore me out!!!! HILARIOUS!!! You kept me laughing!!! Even to the point of tears!!!! YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!!!

I'm tired now.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lilymax, I think you should move to a nicer town, those officials sound weird.
    ness and lilymax like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    First of all, I just have to say that ness, you can paint a picture better than anyone on here!!

I will play devil's advocate here - what if they moved faster and didn't have an airtight case and the Guidice's walked? Think about how much more damage they would be able to do. And I know it is hard to understand and be ok with (I don't like it either), but in order to build the case, they have to stay under the radar. If the criminal thinks they are on the feds' radar, they start closing up shop and doing things differently and then the case goes away. So even though it totally sucks for those being scammed (and you will get no argument from me that it totally sucks), the feds need that to happen to make their case as airtight as it is. That's why when the feds bring crimes it is usually a lot of counts (like the 41 here) - by the time the feds bring charges, the bad guys (or girls) have done A LOT of bad stuff!!

KatesMom . . .

If the Devil ACTUALLY had YOU for his advocate, he'd be UPSTAIRS riding a cloud and strumming a harp (most likely one of those small Irish ones, maybe!) right NOW!

Trust, and BELIEVE that!!!!

Yep, it sucks all the way round, the time it takes for the Feds to set up a case.

But, in a way, I guess it's like trying to make fried chicken for a meal when you're hungry . . .

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!

You'll be going too fast and it won't cook properly all the way through to the bone.

So, there you are, biting into a piece of chicken you've "cooked" that looks on the OUTSIDE like it could be on the cover of Food and Wine magazine . . .

Only to damn near break a tooth when you chomp down and realize THEN that the INSIDE is STILL pretty much frozen solid!!!!!!!!!

Been there, done that.

So, I suppose I can't really continue to chafe at the bit about the Feds being slower than twenty Christmases when they work their cases!

Obviously, the most important thing is that they get to where they need to be with them.

And that the tryin'-to-be-slick shysters (yep, I'm looking at YOU T and Juicy, among OTHERS!) realize after the Feds've come knocking that they're not as slick as they THOUGHT they were!

Kudos to YOU, KatesMom!!!!!!!!!!

Punkin and KatesMom like this.

lilymax . . .

PLEASE keep posting!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread