+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3403Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    I count myself to lucky to have only gotten one speeding ticket that was reduced to not wearing a seat belt about 18 years ago...and that is it....so glad I am a boring girl with no life...

I wonder if Joe's stay in a federal prison will it be at a nice one I have heard some of them are pretty nice...i would not want to find out personally....

greed is an evil, evil thing...I hope they learn their lesson.

How does it work with deportation since he and Teresa are married isn't she a legal USA citizen? I wonder if they would fight that.
    Just chiming in to answer this one - it doesn't matter, not the way they did it. I actually have two friends that have married non-US citizens. It can be done and it then results in the non-US spouse getting a green card. But there are hoops that have to be legally worked through. In both cases, they got married overseas and then the US spouse came back here alone to work out the paperwork. Both said that if the non-US spouse came with them before the paperwork was done it makes the situation much worse and much less likely that a spouse green card (or whatever it is called) will be granted. In this case, Joe and Tre didn't do any of that and he has been living here the whole time without going through the process. So as far as Immigration is concerned, it won't matter. Now whether they can petition a congressman/woman to get involved is another story. We just had one here where the mom was a non-US citizen and was scheduled to be deported. There were a lot of fundraisers, etc., to keep her here because she had young kids. It was finally a congressman who got involved and got her a 3 month reprieve to finish her paperwork.

ITA with Uncle David re how long it took for Karma to get her behind in gear far as Teresa and Juicy are concerned.

OTOH, she DID eventually show, so THAT'S something, at least!

Also . . .

I'm no lawyer, but I also agree with Jexter that if 2/3 years are actually all that they're going to wind up serving as guests of the Greybar Hilton, in the long run, they don't have anything to complain about, because that CERTAINLY sounds like a "sweet deal" to Yours Truly.

I mean, come ON.

They supposedly started all this foolishness back in 2000/2001 (or something like that), BEFORE they were ever even ON TV?

And now, it's 2014, and they're JUST NOW answering for their actions?

As usual, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of the finer points above, anybody, please.

Again, if that'd been one of us and ours, it DEFINITELY wouldn't've taken THIS long for the fish to start stinking in the middle of the street. And we'd've been UNDER the jail LOOOOOOOONNNGGG ago for one HELL of a lot longer time than just 2/3 years.

Just sayin'.
    Punkin and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I wondered when their criminal activities occurred. So it was before they were on tv? Interesting.

I won't humiliate myself by discussing how many times I have been pulled over, how many times I have been ticketed, or even arrested...let's just say I had a bit of a wild streak when I was younger and leave it at that. None of it was nearly as serious as what these guys have done, but I guarantee you if it was me, they would be shipping me off for at least 99 years without chance of parole. I've never been lucky at all with anything having to do with court. Add to that I live in a sort of a remote small city that has a terrible problem with corruption and the good ole boys network. It's who you know, what lawyer you can get, how much money you have, and what judge you settle on. I'm talking about a custody case in that instance, but I have also appeared without counsel to defend myself against tickets I felt were not fair because the truth wasn't being told. I never had any luck at all. I would be sweating absolute silver bullets if I were in the Guidices' shoes.

I hate to see the kids suffer for what the parents did, but these two deserve some jail time.

I was channel surfing earlier tonight & happened to land on Nancy Grace (don't judge) & she was talking about Theresa & Joe. She said Joe claimed that he did not know he wasn't a US citizen. Come on how do you not know...so if he isn't a citizen, was he registered to vote?
    Kim G was on as a guest. Joe & Theresa also have 3 houses. How can people who claim to be bankrupt keep 3 homes????
    ness and GabbyG like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

lilymax. . .

From what I remember reading and can recall right now, they started playing fast and loose with the Feds before the show even hit the air.

And they chose to KEEP going with it AFTER the show began.

And NOW Teresa's "heartbroken" that this turn of events is affecting her family, and she will "continue" to take responsibility for her decisions?

Please.

I'm no saint. I WISH I could say I've never gotten a ticket, never been pulled over, etc. I'd be lying if I DID. However, let me tell you from personal, PAINFUL experience, I was crapping bricks every SECOND while the ticket-writing or pull-over was going on, AND afterwards.

And trust me, I answered for EVERY LAST TICKET I EVER GOT.

Frankly, I can't even recall, right now, just when it was I got the last ticket I ever got, it was so very many years ago. I was so pissed at myself for having gotten a ticket FOR NO GOOD REASON in the FIRST place, that it just wasn't worth it to me to continue to get under the wheel and put my foot in the tank and wind up paying out money I didn't have for doing something so supremely stupid.

So, yep, I eventually learned my lesson.

And where I am (in ATL), they've got this "super speeder" penalty thingy going on now to where, the way I understand it, if you're going 25mph or more over the posted speed limit and are pulled over, that's at LEAST another $200 AUTOMATICALLY tacked on to whatever your "normal" speeding ticket fee would be.

At least, that's the way I believe I've heard it works.

DUI? NEVER had one of those. But from what I understand from people I know and have heard about, if you get pulled over for a DUI HERE, you damn well better have a lawyer lined up, because you will ABSOLUTELY need one.

And frankly, I don't know of ANY lawyer around here who'll handle a DUI for free (pro bono, is it?). OR any lawyer around here who's CHEAP.

As for Juicy . . .

IIRC, one of the last few times I bothered to watch the show before their Fed stuff hit the fan and started blowing, HE WAS DRIVING THEIR FREAKING CAR.

I STILL haven't figured out how THAT happened, when it seemed he'd always had Teresa driving every place beforehand, even BEFORE the mess with his using his brother's ID to obtain a license came up.

And I have to wonder just when it is that he'll answer for THAT lunacy, too.

Too bad for their kids, but yeah, these clowns DESERVE jail time.
    Last edited by ness; 03-05-2014 at 01:13 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I was channel surfing earlier tonight & happened to land on Nancy Grace (don't judge) & she was talking about Theresa & Joe. She said Joe claimed that he did not know he wasn't a US citizen. Come on how do you not know...so if he isn't a citizen, was he registered to vote?
    Kim G was on as a guest. Joe & Theresa also have 3 houses. How can people who claim to be bankrupt keep 3 homes????
    AMEN to ALL of the above!
    Last edited by ness; 03-05-2014 at 01:32 AM.

I agree with all that. 14 years for something to happen...my goodness. Ridiculous
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The solution to getting tickets is to stop doing STUPID stuff. It's just sooo unnecessary.

Of course, if you are too stupid to live and learn, then you get what you deserve.

The offender does not have my sympathies.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The solution to getting tickets is to stop doing STUPID stuff. It's just sooo unnecessary.

Of course, if you are too stupid to live and learn, then you get what you deserve.

The offender does not have my sympathies.
    Like I always say "you can't unteach stupid".

I could not imagine lying about anything especially legal documents. My memory is not that good to keep all of those lies straight.
    I just do not understand how you can lie/cheat/steal over $5,000,000 declare bankruptcy, still get to keep 3 homes/all of those cars & get perhaps 3-5 years. That is wrong with this system.
    Punkin and jucamer like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    ITA with Uncle David re how long it took for Karma to get her behind in gear far as Teresa and Juicy are concerned.

OTOH, she DID eventually show, so THAT'S something, at least!

Also . . .

I'm no lawyer, but I also agree with Jexter that if 2/3 years are actually all that they're going to wind up serving as guests of the Greybar Hilton, in the long run, they don't have anything to complain about, because that CERTAINLY sounds like a "sweet deal" to Yours Truly.

I mean, come ON.

They supposedly started all this foolishness back in 2000/2001 (or something like that), BEFORE they were ever even ON TV?

And now, it's 2014, and they're JUST NOW answering for their actions?

As usual, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of the finer points above, anybody, please.

Again, if that'd been one of us and ours, it DEFINITELY wouldn't've taken THIS long for the fish to start stinking in the middle of the street. And we'd've been UNDER the jail LOOOOOOOONNNGGG ago for one HELL of a lot longer time than just 2/3 years.

Just sayin'.
    Just a thought here - this was the feds going after them. In my experience (not personal, thank God), federal actions take a lot longer going forward. That is because the feds do A LOT of digging and building a case BEFORE they bring the charges. So while it may take longer, in my experience, once the feds do bring charges against you - you are going down because they have already spent years building their case and making sure it is airtight. That's how the feds finally got the former mayor here in Detroit. They tried to get him in state court on other things before that, but it never stuck. Once the feds finally brought charges, they were big and we knew he was going down. And he did. The Guidice's crimes are also paper trail crimes (like corruption and racketeering with our wonderful mayor), so it takes a lot of time to get all the paperwork and stories in a row. My guess is that they were on the feds radar for years. The TV show may have actually sped things up, because the stupid things they said and did on camera that gave the feds added ammunition.
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread