+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

'Real Housewives' stars Teresa, Joe Giudice reportedly plan to plead guilty on fraud charges - NorthJersey.com

Teresa and Joe Giudice, stars of the Bravo network’s “Real Housewives of New Jersey,” have reached a plea agreement with prosecutors to resolve federal fraud charges in a deal that could send them to prison, a source familiar with the case said Friday.

The Montville couple will appear before U.S. District Judge Esther Salas in Newark on Tuesday to plead guilty to several mortgage and bankruptcy fraud charges, the source said.

Teresa Giudice would face less than two years in prison and her husband a minimum of three years, under federal sentencing guidelines, the source said.

A Bravo spokesperson said, “no comment,” when asked Friday for reaction to the report.

Indicted last year, the Giudices were scheduled to stand trial on April 14 on 41 counts alleging that between 2001 and 2011 they engaged in conspiracy to commit mail fraud and wire fraud. They both were charged with bank fraud, loan application fraud and bankruptcy fraud. Joe Giudice also is charged with failing to file tax returns for 2005-2009, and will plead guilty to a tax count, the source said.

Prosecutors allege the couple used fake pay stubs, tax returns and W-2 forms to inflate their incomes and obtain nearly $5 million in mortgages and other loans. They also allegedly concealed income derived from their Bravo cable television show and other business ventures after filing for bankruptcy in 2009.

Prosecutors required that the couple accept a “a packaged deal,” meaning that one defendant “could not plead without the other,” the source said.

A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office would not comment on the plea arrangements.

Miles Feinstein, a Clifton attorney who is representing Joe Giudice, said the couple will be in court next week, but he would not confirm or deny that pleas will be entered at that time.

At the same time, Feinstein said that a report by In Touch Weekly that Joe would serve a minimum of five years in federal prison and avoid deportation, and Teresa would have a maximum of five years probation was erroneous. He declined to elaborate.

Teresa Giudice’s lawyer, Henry Klingeman, could not be reached for comment.

In court filings in January, the Giudices asked Judge Salas to grant them separate trials, arguing that Joe Giudice has evidence of his wife’s innocence, but he would not testify if they are forced to stand trial together. Teresa Giudice said she wanted to testify on her own behalf, but not against her husband. Prosecutors opposed separate trials.

As a citizen of Italy, Joe Giudice could face deportation after serving time in prison.

Joe Giudice still is facing state charges for allegedly using false identification to obtain a driver’s license in 2010, while his license was under suspension following an intoxicated driving charge.

Giudice had by then accumulated 39 points on his license, for a variety of motor vehicle offenses; his license had also been suspended 47 times, according to a report from ABC News, which cited state records.

A trial date on the state charges, which could send him to jail for 10 years, has not been set after several postponements.
    Punkin likes this.

OMG.....Tre is going to jail? Yikes.

Well they have NO ONE to blame but THEMSELVES.

Juicy, he is a train wreck so it does not surprise me about his character or lack thereof.

But for the Mother of FOUR daughters ... why why why?

Money makes some people greedy. Gawd.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

Juicy, he is a train wreck so it does not surprise me about his character or lack thereof.

Totally agree. It never fails to amaze me how many people (especially like Juicy) who really seem to believe that the laws don't apply to them, or that somehow, they're above the law. When you couple that with having a little larceny in your soul (also like Juicy) it can be pretty devastating when the consequences have to be paid.

I don't think Teresa is as guilty as Joe, but I do think that Teresa definitely has some larceny in her soul. For example, I don't believe that she was aware of ALL of the things that Joe was doing that were dishonest/illegal, but I do believe that she did know about SOME of them.

I wonder if Bravo will do a spin-off on Teresa in jail. . . sort of 'Orange is the New Black' combined with 'Mob Wives' (Kidding!).
    momrek06 and overseas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Giudice had by then accumulated 39 points on his license, for a variety of motor vehicle offenses; his license had also been suspended 47 times, according to a report from ABC News, which cited state records.

A trial date on the state charges, which could send him to jail for 10 years, has not been set after several postponements.
    How is this possible? 47 suspensions since 1987. That's 47 suspensions in 26 years. That's almost two a year!!! I've been driving twice that long and never have had even one! But then, I am afraid of breaking the law. Maybe Joe's getting away with breaking traffic laws so blatantly and frequently with no obvious repercussions is what led his larcenous little brain to feel emboldened to break bigger laws.

This just boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    How is this possible? 47 suspensions since 1987. That's 47 suspensions in 26 years. That's almost two a year!!! I've been driving twice that long and never have had even one! But then, I am afraid of breaking the law. Maybe Joe's getting away with breaking traffic laws so blatantly and frequently with no obvious repercussions is what led his larcenous little brain to feel emboldened to break bigger laws.

This just boggles my mind.
    ME TOO. I have never had as much as a TICKET ever. But I also have been brought up that everything has RULES and you follow them.

AND then there are the RISK TAKERS and that is Juicy and Tre and now their RISKY BEHAVIOR is coming back to bite them in their arses!!!!!!!

AND AT THE EXPENSE OF THEIR FOUR DAUGHTERS.
    Punkin, mom2 and GabbyG like this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

Simple truth: Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.
    Punkin, ness and momrek06 like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Simple truth: Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.
    Ain't THAT the livin' truth??????????

I STILL can't get that clip out of my head where Teresa said she didn't want to/couldn't live in a house that somebody else'd already lived in.

Please.

'Bout damn TIME she and Juicy answered for their foolishness.

It that'd been one of US, we'd've been UNDER the freakin' jail YEARS ago.

Wonder which bikini she'll be wearin' when she shows up to court?
    Last edited by ness; 03-03-2014 at 12:44 AM.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think it will be like this -- she is doing five years probation which would make more sense so she can be home with the kids -- Joe will do 5 years in a Federal jail. they will have pay back more then 11 million dollars.

I guess the truth will come out shortly with regards of what they are doing...but man did they get themselves into a mes!

on another note I have been watching a show called Mercy on hulu and Jackie and Teresa were on it as housewives ready to take on a nurse....i had to do a double take I never knew they were actresses too...LOL

All I need is my electric bill paid and a small loan under $400 and I'm good. SMH Stupid.....greed is a dangerous thing.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe that's why it's categorized as one of the seven deadly sins!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread