+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2661Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I don't think the FEDS will look the other way.

This is some serious crap those two have gotten themselves into.

And maybe they thought exactly that, that they are celebrities and that they are above the law and they can do what they want ..................... hmmmm.
    Serious crap they've gotten themselves into?

OH, yeah!!!!!!

'Cause I don't think the Feds're gonna look the other way, either.

For example:

They (the IRS, that is!) sure as HELL didn't look the other way with Capone.

And yeah, it WAS tax evasion charges that they FINALLY took him down WITH, but . . .

They suuuuuuuure GOT him, in the long run!

And, yep, HOW they finally got his ass --- to me, at least --- AIN'T as important as the fact that they KEPT going UNTIL they got him.

On SOMETHING!

IIRC, didn't he even DIE IN JAIL????

And yep, ITA that the Juicy and T mindset most likely was and IS that they're celebs, and they can do (and DID) exactly what they want(ed) to do.

Only problem --- for THEM --- is that sooner, OR LATER, if you play, you PAY.

They were just too arrogant and ignorant to see and/or acknowledge that.

Too bad, so sad.

After the indictments hit, I basically completely checked out of watching ANY of this last season because I found it to be anticlimactic and silly, given the big pot of boiling hot grease that Juicy and T found themselves being dipped in in real world time.

Trust and BELIEVE, though, I am GOING to be keeping an eye on how this mess is gonna play out for 'em in the long run.

Trust.

And BELIEVE.
    Punkin, momrek06, Prism and 1 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Anyone heard any updates about the Joo-dice's legal problems? Is there a new trial date yet?
    Punkin likes this.

Juicy was in court yesterday, sans Tre. They are trying to decide if he should be tried for the fraudulent drivers license prior to his federal hearing. A well known attorney in L.A. was federally tried on one count of mail fraud. He was sentenced to 11 years. The Gudice's are facing 41+ counts. Anyone who believes that they both won't serve a lot of time in prison, might be as delusional as the Gudice's themselves. They are not celebrities, and most certainly weren't when these charges started adding up in 2001. IMHO
    Punkin, momrek06 and Prism like this.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Juicy was in court yesterday, sans Tre. They are trying to decide if he should be tried for the fraudulent drivers license prior to his federal hearing. A well known attorney in L.A. was federally tried on one count of mail fraud. He was sentenced to 11 years. The Gudice's are facing 41+ counts. Anyone who believes that they both won't serve a lot of time in prison, might be as delusional as the Gudice's themselves. They are not celebrities, and most certainly weren't when these charges started adding up in 2001. IMHO
    Thanks for the update.

Fraud trial for 'Real Housewives' stars Teresa, Joe Giudice postponed | NJ.com

One of the first in what probably will be many, many postponements. I suspect, if at all, they'll go to trial around the year 2019 - if they don't plea bargain for tethering at home.

The wheels of justice turn exceedingly slow(ly).
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Fraud trial for 'Real Housewives' stars Teresa, Joe Giudice postponed | NJ.com

One of the first in what probably will be many, many postponements. I suspect, if at all, they'll go to trial around the year 2019 - if they don't plea bargain for tethering at home.

The wheels of justice turn exceedingly slow(ly).
    If I read that article right the new date is FEB 24th! That's actually right around the corner!
    I thought the article was going to say 2015!
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Joe is going for separate trials.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Joe is going for separate trials.
    Here is the article, Shay!

Teresa Giudice, Joe Giudice request separate trials in fraud case* - NY Daily News
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Oye. So sad.

Same with Phaedra and Apollo. I'd love to be a fly on a wall in Andy Cohen's office right about now.

IRS hates two things...cheats and frauds. Believe it or not, there are attorneys out there who go to law school because they believe in the law. T&J are going down. And hard. If Martha Stewart can serve time, so can these two.

The best case scenario would be early parole and ankle bracelets. Although that will likely be several years coming.

I feel bad for the girls. Can you imagine? Visiting their parents in prison? That's a relationship-tester.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's going to be a rough one. I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck with those crazy-acting children.
    GabbyG and elleprn like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread