+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2854Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Melissa's ideas no doubt were affected by her absentee partying father.

She stops by burger king every day to take a dump? I thought most people like to do that at home. And as big as her house is why would she not just do it at home? I guess husband is following her around.
    wait....what????? Am I reading this correctly......she doesn't use her own bathroom to go #2???? What happens if she has to go at 2 in the morning???

No I won't be purchasing Melissa's book for full price when it will only end up at the dollar store in 6 months & even $1 is to much to spend on this trash.
    Punkin and Moontat like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm #4 on the reserve list for 1 copy in my library system. I thought I'd do better reading it for myself since different people can get different reads from the same book. It'll be fun for this thread.
    Punkin, GabbyG and momrek06 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'd still take Teresa over Melissa any day of the week.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Hard to believe the library stocks trivial junk. That's our tax dollars, isn't it?
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'd still take Teresa over Melissa any day of the week.
    But will you ever really know with whom you are dealing? It might depend on the day of the week.

And heavy duty, serious reading is not for everybody. People read for different reasons and, IMO, as long as they are reading, that's a positive thing. The more readers we have, the better!
    mom2, mayamaisha and Imperfect1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

For once I have give kudos for Caroline for FINALLY seeing the light. Melissa and Teresa are similar. I'd say they are equally shallow, obstinate, and territorial. There are, however, two primary differences between them...

1. Melissa is a more self-aware than Teresa. She knows she is all these things. Teresa just doesn't get it.
    2. Melissa is a gold-digger. Not that I mind, it's just that she claims not to be.

For these reasons, I believe Teresa is at least a little more authentic than Melissa - and that is why I side with Teresa.
    JORY'sMom and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    For once I have give kudos for Caroline for FINALLY seeing the light. Melissa and Teresa are similar. I'd say they are equally shallow, obstinate, and territorial. There are, however, two primary differences between them...

1. Melissa is a more self-aware than Teresa. She knows she is all these things. Teresa just doesn't get it.
    2. Melissa is a gold-digger. Not that I mind, it's just that she claims not to be.

For these reasons, I believe Teresa is at least a little more authentic than Melissa - and that is why I side with Teresa.
    I get what you're saying here and mostly agree. Except I don't think Melissa is self aware enough to realize she can't sing. Or maybe she's just such a fame who*e that she is blinded by it. I see her as somebody who really needs to believe she's famous and talented. Unfortunately she isn't that talented and appears to not be very bright. I don't think her book, from the sound of it, is going to help her out any. If her life/marriage are as dysfunctional as the book sounds like they are, why on earth would anybody with a brain want this to be revealed? The only answer I come up with is that she just has to be in the limelight. No matter what ugliness it reveals.

Teresa is nuts, but for some reason I find Melissa worse too. Maybe it's like you said, and I respond to her being a bit more real.
    Moontat likes this.

How is Melissa a gold digger?
    Punkin, GabbyG and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Fogey

I was curious when Joe and Teresa started engaging in the fraudulent behavior. I found this...a lot of it had to do with lying about Teresa's income. I don't know how all this could happen without Teresa's knowledge. She would have to sign papers such as loan documents, etc.

And, if she didn't know, and Joe falsified things and mislead her, how can she be so forgiving for the pain he caused her and the girls?

I really do like Teresa and Joe. I also really believe they are guilty....just not so smart. But, I can't buy that this was all Joe by himself. I can't help but think they will both be found guilty and that they will both be going to jail.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press...Indictment.pdf
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-13-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    Punkin likes this.

Frankly i don't think they need to go to prison. A unpopular opinion I a sure. I want the jails filled with people who have maimed,murdered and a abused people and children. Let them work it off. There are way too many murderers loose on the streets to waste money on these two.
    mayamaisha and Moontat like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread