+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3305Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I hope all the nay Sayers watched what happened live tonight and saw Danielle stub out Melissa Gorga giving credence to a lot of what I spoke of earlier and Melissa foul play to get on the show

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I will never understand why it seems there's a faction that want to hold anyone BUT Teresa and Joe responsible for their own troubles. I just don't get it. I believe in personal responsibility. It's up to Teresa and Joe to change their own negative image.
    candor, ness, GabbyG and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I only started watching mid-season last year so I don't know any of the back stories and haven't seen any of the other seasons. As far as the Guidice legal problems, I'd say that there definitely was something shady going on. I don't agree with some of the comments that MOST Italian-Americans or old school Italian-American wives are ignorant when it comes to family finances. I don't know if that speaks to a certain generational thing but THIS Italian-American housewife is VERY hands-on when it comes to finances. I took over the checkbook once we married and pay all of the bills b/c I am better at it. Tre was born in the U.S. but her experience is totally different than mine. My parents were not immigrants. Maybe in the old country women were seen and not heard, I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't agree that most Italian-American women have no idea what's what when it comes to their personal finances and their spouses' business dealings.

From reading lots of other boards what I can agree with is that the Gorgas and Wakiles came on to RHONJ show for the sole purpose of mud-slinging and casting aspersions on the Guidices. I don't understand why no one here seems to be bothered by that. The Bravo network was NOT interested in casting them UNTIL they made a video saying they were going to bring the Guidices down and that's when they finally got hired. What family members do that to one another? Perhaps, those without a moral compass who only want to cash in and share a piece of the pie their (in)famous relatives have? The Gorgas and Wakiles disgust me, for that sole reason alone.

I do hold Teresa and Joe Guidice responsible for whatever financial mess they are in and the court should deal with them accordingly. HOWEVER, imo, that does not give the cast free rein to dump on Teresa for the past few seasons, because none of them have clean hands, either.
    JORY'sMom and sparklete like this.

Even if Melissa and Kathy were added to the show for some nefarious purpose, I still don't understand how the Gorgas could be behind the fraudulent tax returns, failure to file tax returns, and fraudulent statements on loan applications.
    Punkin and GabbyG like this.

I think we can acknowledge that both sides of these warring factions have their faults. Criticizing one side doesn't equate to condoning the other and vice versa.

Teresa is to blame for her image and her problems. She's competitive to a fault, which is why she can't admit she was wrong. Because to admit something is to be defeated and she can't lose. I also think Melissa is a narcissistic famewh*re who has to be the center of attention. She's more passive-aggressive than Teresa, but just as a jealous of the other's success. And both are competing for Joe Gorga's affection.
    mom2, ness and AcookerTV like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

I agree with the notion of personal responsibility and put 97% of the blame for Theresa and Joe's problems on them. Actually, I put 100% ... but I can see where a slight bit of the blame for having to deal with it publicly may fall on Melissa and Joe. Andy Cohen revealed in his book that he and Bravo had never faced as many questions about control of what is made public, how the show could be used legally agaisnt a participant, etc as they did when casting the New Jersey group. He does not say WHO the questions came from, but certainly does indicate that people were worried about elements of their lives remaining private that they had never dealt with in Orange county, New York, or Atlanta. He also revealed that Theresa was in and out of signing on for the first season MANY times. So there are strong hints of concerns that Joe and Theresa had that doing the show would draw attention to their dealings. That makes sense to me -- if the notion that where there's smoke there is fire is true, then by going on the show, Theresa was pointing the world in the direction of where exactly the smoke was. I think that Melissa and Joe come in to play in helping to shine a spotlight on all of that. We all know that Theresa will work VERY hard to deny things are happening if she doesn't want to deal with them, and without Melissa and Kathy on the show, she was able to do that very easily. Once Melissa was on the cast, she had the abilty to bring up problems and dirt that Theresa wanted to keep secret ... just like Theresa has done to her in revenge. So they did not lead Joe and Theresa to make th estupid and illegal decisions that they did. But they may have helped to force them to deal with them publicly rather than only among lawyers and law enforcement. Joe lit the fire, Theresa pointed out the smoke to the world, and Melissa and Joe handed over some kerosene to make sure the fire was fully visible to all.
    Punkin and doolollie like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just don't feel sorry for people who are their own worst enemies, and then get angry with people when they give them the fuel to stoke said fire. If you do that, you become a slave to their benevolence...or lack, thereof. If you piss them off, you can be setting fire to your own funeral pyre. Essentially, they've got you by the gonads.....and YOU gave them the control.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Without the Waikiles and Gorgas there would not have been much of a storyline these last few seasons. The loss of Dina and especially Danielle left the show with just Tre, Jacquline and Caroline and their families. Not much going on there to create the drama Bravo (and, we, the audience) craves. The Waikiles and Gorgas were naturals to bring along, given the family dynamics that were displayed as they sought to jump on the money/fame Bravo train.

Joe Gorga told an important truth last night. He said that Tre was raised to put on a façade if anything wrong was happening in her life. I do believe that. She is desperate to deny, especially to herself, that her life is not perfect. Crazy! She is facing serious federal indictments with a good possibility of prison time for herself and Joe, his possible (could be probable) deportation and the loss of her home and children. OMG! How horrible can it get? And, yet, she is going to be on Andy's after season sit-down with the other women and discuss the season. Her serious legal problems came up after the season wrapped filming and her legal issues will not be addressed during the show. I'd be hiding in my house, quaking in fear, if I had her problems. But she will willingly go in front of cameras for what always turns out be a grueling interview among these women and she will not admit that everything is not perfect in Teresa World. I can't wait to see it! Just to watch her every expression. Like watching a train wreck just for the fun of it.

In the late 1800's and early 1900's enterprising showmen would stage train wrecks. They would take locomotives ready for the scrap heap and add cars on a special track set up in a valley and charge admission for folks to watch the wreck as the two trains collided. But for some unfortunate scrapnel injuries though, no one was hurt. Bravo is the modern equivalent and I don't think too highly of myself for watching people destroy each other for my entertainment. Before I was retired I never had time to watch this sort of nonsense. Now I do. :>(
    ness likes this.

"But she will willingly go....." She's under contract to do the reunion show as they all are. I think most of the housewives in all cities hate to do the reunions.

Actually, Jacqueline skipped the reunion a couple of seasons ago

+ Reply to Thread