+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3263Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Nope...nope...not buying it for a second. We never, ever see Joe at work except for that silly excuse of a pizza shop that, if I am correct, is no longer in business. Where did she think those expensive purses, shoes & bathing suits from from??? Do they have a money tree out back???? Are they the only people in this country who don't have to file taxes??? Theresa tries to portray herself as this savvy business woman who is constantly expanding her, using her own words, empire; she is that stupid to not know they have to file income taxes...this is a person you want to do business with.
    I do not believe anything at all.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

The show isn't about Joe. There's a lot that happens when joe is not around. Are we really to believe that I'd he's not on camera there's no possible way he'd be at work because we'd see it? I don't think we've ever seen Richie at work, though I don't think that means he doesn't have a job.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

I actually thought last night's episode was very realistic. And quite sad.
    I've grown to like Joe Guidice in the past several episodes. I have not really read about what he's done, but he does seem a lot more contrite and humble than he did last season.
    Even Richie came off well and Lord knows he typically makes my skin crawl!
    Jexter likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Remember, when this was filmed none of them had any idea the feds were nearing the end of a several months investigation of the Guidices going back to 2004 and soon to come out with a 30 (?) count indictment against both Joe and Teresa which could put them both away and all assets confiscated. The prosecutor has said there is no way Teresa can claim she didn't know. There is evidence of her knowledge and complaisance in several of the frauds.

Crime = Time

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I actually believe that Teresa just signed her name and didn't bother to ask questions. There is definitely a mindset of women who are so drawn to being provided an affluent lifestyle that they'll take it and look the other way. The movie Blue Jasmine portrayed that well. I put Teresa in that category. I think she was so determined to outdo people with her house, cars, clothes and girls that she didn't want to think about how she got it. Besides, she has VERY old fashioned family views on women raising the kids and cooking and men providing. So in that respect I can also see her going along not questioning Joe. Doesn't make what she did right, or legally excusable. But I can believe it.
    I just don't believe that Teresa failed to question from whence came the bling -- she was not living an affluent lifestyle as far as I can see. The JooDices together were - and are- like street rats stealing the cheese. The cheese may well be dripping and crumbling from their greedy jaws, but they don't wear it well. All along they've focused on acquiring the veneer of affluence, and they at all times know for sure they don't qualify. They've lived a lie and they know the lie -- they've scrambled, schemed, scratched, lied, stolen, and committed fraud in a number of ways, willing and knowingly. They have overreached every step of the way. Teresa's alleged caring for family, cooking, children, the homey-mama character she attempts to project, that's just more bad acting. Nope, there's no genuine anything going on with those two.

Oh, that's just IMHO
    Punkin, ness, AmyKay and 2 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What an interesting way to put it. Nicely done!
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

who pays for these trips these folks take? Bravo??? dang I want a reality tv show just so I can get away from my home for a few days and it seems to be every other week LOL....

In the legal world, there is a saying that ignorance of the law is no defense. That is sort of what I think was going on with Theresa. She is not stupid. I kind of think she did just sign her name to documents and assume that if she didn't "know" what was going on (the in's and out's) then she would be ok. Problem is that a court is going to look at what was reasonable and given everything that we know, I don't think Theresa can reasonably claim she had no idea. She knows what her husband does or doesn't do. She doesn't think there is a just a magic money fairy that hands out money to people. So while she may not know the details of what he did and while she may have blindly signed her name to docs, she is not stupid and she knew something wasn't right. She just hoped that if she continued to ignore it she would be able to plead ignorance. Not going to work.
    prhoshay and ness like this.

A couple things occur to me.... Teresa has bragged about her "empire", built with her multitalented and creative energy, with its many facets and income stream, seemingly holding herself forth as a woman who is in charge of said empire. Wouldn't the court question whether a woman possessing substantial business skills could possibly be blind to her husbands business dealings?

On the other hand, the court might suspect negative ramifications for the Bravo network if the JooDices are found guilty, and just might let the whole issue slide into obscurity. I don't think for a minute that the court weighs only black letter and case law. The Supremes are proof of that, being politically motivated in every case in memory.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

again I feel the need to speak on Teresa s behalf .I think it goes to a deep rooted Italian culture thing.The wife does not question or speak to the husbands business dealings.She only tends to her own and that of her children.She is allowed to pursue her own interest through Bravo which she has done and done well.What the truth is to the goings on with Melissa we may never know.It is out there on the Internet all the underhanded things Joe and Melissa did to get on the show all you have to do is google.Having read all that and the fact the Monica Chachon was at their Christmas party as an invited friend leads me to believe that yes they could have had a hand in the legal issues.and Monica being publicly shunned from said party has a personal interest in their downfall.We will have to see how this all plays out in the courts.I feel sorry for Teresa that in the court of this public opinion she does not fair well.I think she has bounce back action and this will play out in the future.I also think that a few years back she was blindsided by her husbands goings on.She has a strong need to keep face and I believe that's what you are seeing on the program.I know how this can happen because it has happened to me in other ways.Never saw it coming but was left to deal with the results.I have great empathy for her.Think of all the hours we have all enjoyed watching the NJ housewives and in a recent poll Teresa was voted all time housewife favorite even beating out Lisa Vanderpump.I pray for her and her children that they do not loose each other and their home.She may have not known then but she does now and she is left to clean up all of it whether Joe is deported or jailed or what.I do not want her or the Jersey housewives to go away.
    P

+ Reply to Thread