+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2853Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Oh my....really..Theresa & Joe are blaming their legal woes on Melissa??? How could Melissa force them to pay their bills or even file income taxes....how can Melissa tell them to hide assests? Am I reading that correctly???
    Or was this the one where Joe & Theresa didn't want a pay the NJ beach access fee??? Are they above anyone else who uses the beach...my son was there last week & he had to pay so who makes those 2 too good to pay? Besides IIFC don't they own a shore beach house so that would have it's own private beach & they wouldn't have to pay that beach fee...or....did they go to a public beach for free publicity perhaps???? Feel sorry for them because that can't afford $10 with Theresa wearing a $500 bathing suit!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I am sure that the federal investigation and charges on the frauds they have jointly committed going back to 2004 came as much as a surprise to Melissa and Joe as they did to Teresa and Juicy. The prosecutors say there is no way Teresa will be able to claim ignorance as she is deeply involved in these crimes. I doubt that Teresa's brother and sister-in-law want to see Teresa in jail and the children without her. But if you do the crime you gotta' do the time. Even for Teresa, sainted as she may be to many of her fans.

I want to know when Juicy's trial for the false driver's license will happen?
    mom2, ness and GabbyG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckosnick View Post
    I continue to high hopes that Teresa finds her way out of this legal quagmire.I believe that Monica Chacone who's is a friend of Melissa. And Joes is behind this and Maybe Joe and Melissa were responsible for buzzing in her ear and planting seeds of information to use against her being that this happened when they were still on the outs.I do not trust Melissa and everything she did to get on the show.I would not put anything beyond what that woman would do to make her sister in law look bad and her a saint. there has to be a solution to this that does not involve jail time or the loss of the family home.I do not believe for one moment that Teresa understood any part of what she was signing.I believe Joe put papers in front of her to sign and she did what her husband told her to do.I also think she believed what ever half baked story he told her to get her compliance.I believe it will all come out and Teresa will prevail.As far as her marriage no one ever knows what really goes on behind closed doors.I will continue to send good thoughts for her and she will remain with her children.If she does loose her home she will do fine scaled down with the honest income she makes from her books and hair care lines.Forget the nay Sayers Teresa there are a hell of a lot of people out here who love and support you.You go Girl
    Ok, so we're to believe Teresa is a half-wit who knows how to sign her name? The woman is patently inauthentic, enormously greedy, and stunningly egomaniacal. The fog of her mispronounced words and run-on blathered sentences don't fool many. She's not intelligent, but she is a cunning street fighter. I'm not buying the poor little Tre story.
    Punkin, ness, GabbyG and 3 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do not disagree.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I do not disagree.
    Apparently, once again, great minds are tending to think alike.
    Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I actually believe that Teresa just signed her name and didn't bother to ask questions. There is definitely a mindset of women who are so drawn to being provided an affluent lifestyle that they'll take it and look the other way. The movie Blue Jasmine portrayed that well. I put Teresa in that category. I think she was so determined to outdo people with her house, cars, clothes and girls that she didn't want to think about how she got it. Besides, she has VERY old fashioned family views on women raising the kids and cooking and men providing. So in that respect I can also see her going along not questioning Joe. Doesn't make what she did right, or legally excusable. But I can believe it.
    Ckosnick likes this.

So, what's the revelation that Joe makes on tonight's show? I can't bear to watch.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Teresa doesn't, even slightly, be in touch with her authentic self. It's hard to believe some of the things that come out of her mouth. She actually seems to believe her own bs.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My observation is that Teresa is pretty devious and, while she certainly is not intelligent, she's perfectly capable of participating in a scam-- and is skilled at lying. I don't think Joe pulled the wool over her eyes about this hiding of assets, lying to banks-- about the tax returns, maybe, just in the sense that usually one person does that and the other person signs-- in husband/wife duos anyway.
    Punkin likes this.

Teresa probably knew exactly what they were doing with the hiding of assets-- after all a lot of them were hers-- and I'm sure she knew they didn't have a lot of assets at some earlier point. How did she think they suddenly could afford this grand mansion? I don't think she was totally in the dark about the general goings on. Maybe Joe carried out the actual details-- but I'm sure Teresa was in on a lot of it.

As for the tax evasion-- maybe she did know, maybe she didn't. But she knew a lot of what was being done that was illegal. She's dumb but devious and not totally without instincts. Plus she lies well, and seems really like someone who's used to plotting, and drawing people into traps. And while bravo may be engineering things, she certainly plays her part well.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread